[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy stock >it goes down slightly >panic >sell for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled (2).jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (2).jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>Buy stock
>it goes down slightly
>panic
>sell for 2% loss
>it goes back up 13% the next day
>>
>>1366576
this is why you don't trade on emotions
>>
>etf goes down 1%
>buy etf
>it goes up 1.2% the next day
>sell for profit
>>
>>1366580

I didnt
>>
>>1367370
Yes you did

You literally said you panicked and sold.
>>
>>1366576

That'll teach ya
>>
New to stocks here. At what point can you be sure that the stock isn't going any higher, and that you need to sell the stock on a loss? Alternatively, how do you get good at guessing when a stock is at its peak and you should sell?
>>
>>1367395

If anybody knew that, they wouldn't tell anyone.

t.Buffett
>>
>>1367395
Buy on rumor, sell on news
>>
>>1367395
Practice.
>>
>>1367412
This. The only way to have mega millions fast is insider trading.
>>
>>1367412
So basically if there's rumors of a new product from a business you think will do well, then you buy some of the stock?
>>
>>1367514
New product could mean anything though. It doesn't have to be a product for the stock to go up. What you should do is pick a few stocks you think will increase because of news you read, then just watch it the next couple of weeks. Get some practice in. It takes literally years to become completely efficient.
>>
>>1367526
Thanks, no point in not getting started today.
>>
>>1367395
Bought Daimler at 61 Euro. Now it's at 52 Euro. But I'm not mad because I know they will recover because it's a stable company and the 61 Euro wasn't a peak.

The only thing that hurts is that my money is now tied down for some time and I can't make profit out of it.

TL;DR
Buy stock of companies which will do well in the long run and you don't have to fear the dip.

Pic not related.
>>
Buy option staddles- you make money anytime the stock moves!
>>
>>1367395
Preferably at some point after you've recouped your initial outlay in dividends.
>>
>>1367395
All you need is the ability to predict the future perfectly, and then you have all the information you need to make billions.
>>
>>1368734
>the ability
If I can master this ability, will the Robin Hood guys buy the right stocks for me?
>>
>>1367514
It doesn't just have to be a rumor. You can use your own intuition to gauge what companies will do well and which ones won't. Speculation isn't a science yet.
>>
>>1366576
>buy stock
>do something dumb the next day
>dont learn from it
>>
>>1367395
Technical Analysis
>>
>>1368837

whats that
>>
>>1369287
Bullshit pseudo-math that people think actually helps predict stock movement.
In the words of my father, "The only people who make money off of technical analysis are those who write books on it."
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.