[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW saving and investing is too hard Guys is it really worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>TFW saving and investing is too hard

Guys is it really worth it? Why shouldn't I just spend all my money and enjoy life instead of trying to be rich 25 years in the future when it won't matter?
>>
>>1361989
If that's how you feel about investing then yes.

It should be fun, more fun than whatever normie stuff you think is supposed to be fun.
>>
>>1361989
> When it wont matter
Why doesn't it matter to you?
>>
>>1361997
Because when you're old you don't want to enjoy money anyway

$1 million in your 20's is a lot more valuable than 15 million in your 50's
>>
>>1362003
That's utter bollocks. As a young guy I'm happy living in a shitty apartment drinking cheap beer, but I sure don't want to be living like this when I'm 50+.
>>
>>1362012
>As a young guy I'm happy living in a shitty apartment drinking cheap beer
Why? It's the best years of your life.

When you're going to be 50+ your motivation, sex drive and health are all going to be in the shitter
>>
>>1362015
Because I don't need comfort as a young guy. I can travel and sleep in cheap accommodation, girls will sleep with me because I'm still young and decent looking, I don't need luxury but when I'm an ugly old fart I will most likely desire comfort and hookers.
>>
>>1361989

It shouldn't be. Follow the 80:20 rule. Work out exactly how much cash you can get your hands on right now. Go invest 20% of it. Don't think too much about where. Just do it. That's the most you can do. then go focus on other areas of self improvement like fitness and knowledge.
>>
>>1362003
> Because when you're old you don't want to enjoy money anyway
What? Does your dad not have hobbies or money holes? Did you not take vacations, live in houses larger than needed, eat steaks and talk about sending kids to college?

> $1 million in your 20's is a lot more valuable than 15 million in your 50's
Okay? It's not like you have this equivalency. Your options are closer to having 500 dollars less a month now and 1500 dollars more a month in 25 years. Or in aggregates, the choice is between ten thousand dollars now or fifty thousand dollars when you're fifty.
>>
>>1362027
>Does your dad not have hobbies or money holes?

Not really. He constantly complains about how he's old and tired and it's just not like his youth when he had plenty of energy and could run around shirtless and yell and now he's just groggy every morning and day and takes naps frequently because he gets exhausted.
>>
>>1362032
Ok now imagine if he was broke and working long hours to scrape by
>>
>>1362032
sounds like your dad sucks

my dad is turning 60 and loves his life... still in better shape than most people in their 20s
>>
>>1362032
Your dad seems like quite a bore. What did he do for living? Why is he so exhausted, did he not take care of himself physically? Did he lose his interest in hobbies when the kids came and he had to make financial sacrifises?
>>
>>1362045
>Why is he so exhausted, did he not take care of himself physically?

he worked blue collar jobs all his life.

He's pretty fit and has lifted for like two decades though, easily looks better shirtless than 95% of men his age but his joints are fucked from working physically all his life.

>Did he lose his interest in hobbies when the kids came and he had to make financial sacrifises?
Pretty much
>>
>>1362044
Not everyone is blessed with a body that will last, some people win the genetic lottery and some don't
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.