[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience in manufacturing here? I'd love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: solar-panels.jpg (485KB, 810x486px) Image search: [Google]
solar-panels.jpg
485KB, 810x486px
Anyone have any experience in manufacturing here?

I'd love any insight you can provide.

I want to manufacture solar panels - building my own now.

My end goal is to set up a manufacturing plant in my small part of the world so I can help reduce the cost of solar panels in the hope that would spur more business and residents to have them installed on rooftops. Which would boost our economy by having a greater portion of our GDP being spent on other things that aren't electricity.

We have:
-Tropical sun, near equator
-Astronomically high electricity prices
-Cheap land for a manufacturing plant

I need to start small though. Anyone?
>>
>>1360241
bump
>>
File: bizlit.jpg (952KB, 1345x1550px) Image search: [Google]
bizlit.jpg
952KB, 1345x1550px
http://www.what-is-coaching.com/support-files/lazymansway2riches.pdf
http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net/itworks.pdf

Educate yourself.
>>
Where are you from?

I remember that a few years back in Europe everyone would get subventions for buying solar panel, didnt last though.

What competitive advantage do you propose? If you do the same shit as everyone else chances are you'll never manage to compete.

Moreover, I saw something about flexible solar panels, even more competition now
>>
>>1360277
localized distribution - we're in the middle of the ocean, and all of our panels are currently shipped in from no less than 1600 miles away. I can cut that down to 1-50 miles. Even if I use the same current design principles as others, I can reduce panel prices through localization and massive tax breaks through local employment programs.
>>
>>1360241
Solar panel manufacturing is a capital intensive and highly competitive global industry dominated by China, and to a lesser extent US/Japanese firms. The name of the game is increasing efficiencies of the panels year after year which is a constant arms race.

As a startup you will do better being the regional distributor/installer for one of these firms as opposed to starting your own company from scratch.
>>
>>1360268
thank you
>>1360288
we currently already have 2 main companies that work as installers - my thought is that if I can manufacture competitively efficient panels here, I could use that as a way to sell to those installers/government through reduced pricing as proposed here >>1360287
>>
> equator

So most of the workforce will be niggers? They will steal, wreck your shit, and worse.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.