[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so they say reading books is proven to increase your cognitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (32KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 497x501px
Okay so they say reading books is proven to increase your cognitive function as well as give you a wider vocabulary etc etc.

Does the same thing apply to reading 4chan and Reddit posts 24:7?

I might no read books. It I'm constantly reading threads throughout the day. That's got to be the same as reading books? No?
>>
>>1357312
>I might no read books. It I'm constantly reading threads throughout the day.

Checks out.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 500x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 500x617px
>>1357312
>might no read books. It I'm constantly reading threads throughout the day.
>>
Auto correct phew.
>>
read a short book and feel if it's the same as reading the Internet
>>
>>1357312
No. The opposites true.

It lowers your ability to think in complex ways and hardwires your reward system with tiny dopamine tushes to make you spastic

Try medium or aome other longform article sites
>>
>>1357312
Books are published works which take a lot of hours to produce. I certainly don't put that same level of thought into 4Chan posts. Can't speak for everyone tho maybe they've been writing these for years and has them sent to an editor.
>>
>>1357439

So reading books with a low level of complexity such as Harry Potter can actually decrease your ability?
>>
>>1357312
>Okay so they say reading books is proven to increase your cognitive function
not if it was written by an american or indian
it will only make you dumber
>>
>>1357312
>Does the same thing apply to reading 4chan and Reddit posts 24:7?
This thread is substantial evidence that it doesn't.
>>
>>1357312
>That's got to be the same as reading books?
Tai Lopez told me you have to read the books in his garaage.
>>
Nice sources faggot

>there are actually cucks on here who read what another man writes
>>
>>1357575
probably the same cucks that pay commissions
>>
>>1357312
Is that Elliot Roger's older normie brother?
>>
>>1357598
S-s-stop my ETRADE is more reliable.
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 1152x2048px
These threads derail so fast.
>>
>>1357312
Causation vs correlation.

One who has a propensity for reading books is likely to be intelligent.
>>
>>1357483
I don't think you're looking at this fairly.

With 4chan posts, you have to develop the ability to construct a witty and topical reply very quickly in order to get your post read within the window of perfect comedic timing to when the thread 404's. That is a sort of skill that you never develop when writing books.
>>
>>1357930
Presuming anyone reads the post
>>
>>1357312
Depends on what you look at. If you are looking at the same retarded posts all day, it does nothing to help you. If you consistently read well thought out posts involving buisness and finance tips or articles from professionals who arent going "The economy is rigged" you have a higher chance of learning something.
>>
>so they say reading books is proven to increase your cognitive function as well as give you a wider vocabulary

Since i stopped reading books often (and writing shit for that matter) when i finished highschool, i have deffinately noticed my vocabulary and ability to articulate have both gotten worse.

Do you think this still applies to people who are done physically growing i.e. adults over age 25
>>
>>1357998
Thanks for the (you) retard
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.