[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to Robinhood and investing in general. Is buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: usagoldcoins.jpg (61KB, 484x295px) Image search: [Google]
usagoldcoins.jpg
61KB, 484x295px
I'm new to Robinhood and investing in general. Is buying gold a worthwhile investment? And how do I purchase it on Robinhood?
>>
>>1355181
since gold is a highly valued asset, robinhood treats it differently.

you will have to mail them a check after speaking with their trade desk for the exact cost of a physical amount of gold bullion. after they will buy it from a gold dealer hold it in their vaults. RH will then send you a serialized certificate of bullion.

you can then list these on the NYSE as an OTC ticket and trade gold with other entities.
>>
>im new to robinhood

good, get out now and go get a regular broker

>Is buying gold a worthwhile investment?

if shit keeps hitting the fan, yes

>And how do I purchase it on Robinhood?

you dont, you get a regular broker that allows you unfettered access to stocks, not what THEY WANT to let you buy
>>
File: 1466967249137.jpg (119KB, 750x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1466967249137.jpg
119KB, 750x1126px
>>1355181
>is buying gold a worthwhile investment

I personally don't like physical gold, I think there's a very heavy margin to lose out on it when you're ready to dump.

I like gold stocks, so a good gold ETF or pick a horse, I bet on ABX at 12........very fuckin happy.

Will it continue? I'm inclined to say yes, simply because I truly believe we're heading toward the dissolution of the EU or at the very least, continent wide decisions on whether or not to leave (refs)

So I'd invest in gold right now on some dip (large gains lately, I bet there will be a reflex soon, never know though) and I'd hang on to it until something like...........two or more EU countries voting to stay in the EU.

I'm not invested in that though, I bet the EU will collapse and the Euro will go kaput. When that happens you should get out of gold soon thereafter, how long though? I dunno, year at most I bet, don't ride the horse too long.

Go liquid from your gold (and oil for me) investments, hang on for a second, and then invest in the strongest remaining banks of the most stable nations...........I'd say something like HSBC, BCS, or DB if they are still around and don't look like they're going to die...........fun times ahead my friend, I'm loving it!
>>
>>1355181
As a truly long-term investment, gold is, in all likelihood, no good. However, in these days of worldwide central bank currency depreciations to drive asset price inflation, it is worthwhile to hold a percentage of your net worth in gold to protect your purchasing power.

You can buy gold using GLD or PHYS. There is another fund that is backed by allocated gold bullion but I forget the ticker symbol.

If you want a little extra "oomph" with the concomitant volatility, you can invest in CEF, which purchases its bullion holding by dollar value at 50% gold bullion and 50% silver bullion. The current percentages are probably not 50-50 due to fluctuations in the gold/silver price ratio.
>>
>>1355381
>There is another fund that is backed by allocated gold bullion but I forget the ticker symbol.

IAU and SGOL are the ticker symbols of the other gold trusts.
>>
>>1355289
>not what THEY WANT to let you buy
How does this work? They have a list of shit they won't let you buy?
Holy fuck, it keeps getting worse.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.