[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone here re-assure me that Canada will be okay? htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pepe1.jpg (44KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
pepe1.jpg
44KB, 409x409px
Can anyone here re-assure me that Canada will be okay?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/u-s-short-sellers-betting-on-canadian-housing-crash-an-accident-waiting-to-happen

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/the-market/californian-short-seller-targets-home-capital-group-canadian-real-estate/article25715455/

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100726168

https://betterdwelling.com/city/toronto/marc-cohodes-short-canadian-real-estate/

Will we make it out unscathed? Is their a way for us to bail out of this situation?
>>
File: cheddarcheeseinjection.png (93KB, 382x228px) Image search: [Google]
cheddarcheeseinjection.png
93KB, 382x228px
bumbedy
>>
the problem with canada is that so many people want to move here that housing is going nuts

don't expect the market to completely crash, just slow down or be stagnant for a bit
>>
>>1351073
Could you explain how or why? I mean if that's the case why would Marc Cohode want to short HGC?
>>
>>1351077
at some point there will be a slowdown, and that's when he will make his money and get the fuck out

there won't be a 2008 style gigantic correction of the housing market, there's just too much demand

if anything serious happens the government will just start bailing people out
>>
>>1351108
>there won't be a 2008 style gigantic correction of the housing market, there's just too much demand

There might be if demand falls though. If something happens to shit on China's economy then there'll be less money flowing into Canada's housing market since foreign realestate is one of the few ways the CCP lets people move money outside of China.
>>
>>1351037
Too many people are agreed that housing prices are too high, and are being driven higher still by foreign money.

Any government which refuses to do something about it will be replaced by one that will. They really don't want to stop the flow of money in but they also don't want to lose power so their likely to fuck it all the hell up and completely destroy the housing market.
>>
How could you make money betting on the housing market bubble bursting, where would you invest that would take off if a crash were to occur? Gold production?
>>
i live in the metro vancouver area.

shit i've heard people say
>real estate can't fail
>it'll just keep going up and up
>real estate is a sure thing

classic signs of a bubble. when psychology is at manic levels. we might be close the top. there's enough people thinking prices are too high now where demand might dry up. if i wasn't so fucking lazy, i'd plot the return on property against the post 2008 stock bull market. pretty sure it's at least equal if not better. plus you get dividends, lower taxes on capital gains, and no maintenance/property/financing fees.
>>
>>1351168
When I say that, obviously in the short term, shorting housing on the bubble is the cash cow, however, I'm talking about investing in companies before hand, is there anywhere to go that would be stable if a bubble popped?

Also, what are the signs that you're at the bottom? I suppose that you could make some seriousss fuckin money buying CAN banks at the end of that cycle, the ones that survive.
>>
>>1351037

I can't.

The housing market there is inflated and everyone knows it. That coupled with your new liberal PM who wants to help everyone in need, I see some tight times in Canada's future.

Good luck Canuck.
>>
>>1351168
Short the banks
>>
>>1351207
I wonder what would be safe margins to look for at this time, I don't see enough profit potential to effectively short something like TD where the deviation is only like 2 percent when there is so much risk involved.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.