[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is right to work a bad thing or a good thing? I honestly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Right_to_Work_states.svg.png (398KB, 2000x1237px) Image search: [Google]
Right_to_Work_states.svg.png
398KB, 2000x1237px
Is right to work a bad thing or a good thing? I honestly don't know.
>>
>>1350874
I like it because I think the alternative become extremely bloated. Like in fucking WA, state workers that operate primarily as DRIVERS have a unioned bargained 3 strike rule relative to.......

>DUI's

Man fuck that shit, and that's just one example of how bloated that shit gets.
>>
>>1350874
unions are generally a good thing for you of you have no capital and thus have to resort to earning a living through labour
>>
>>1350874
>"right to work"
>stamps out unions
how do they rationalize that naming?
>>
>>1350938
Because politicians are sneaky pricks?
>>
"$100,000 bus driver pay explained

VTA employs 75 bus drivers who make $100,000 a year or more, including one, Kenneth Darden, who made $191,210 last year.

In comparison, private-sector bus drivers in the Bay Area make $25 an hour or $52,000 year on average, according to the U.S. Bureau of labor Statistics."

Unions = Legalized Extortion
>>
It's shit.
It means a company can fire you for any reason. Any reason, like the manager doesn't like the color green and you wore a green shirt. Or, you were scheduled to work a 400 hour shift and you died from exhaustion. The company is not liable.

It also encourages stupid incentives like in NC where companies prefer hiring x convicts over college grads due to the bonus they get from the state.

Don't let anyone troll you that right to work is a good thing.
>>
>>1351039
Yeah I'm in NC :(
>>
>>1351015
This is one of the two reasons why I hate unions.

I am not even jealous of how much Mr Darden made. Good for him. I would milk the system if I was a fucking union bus driver. But I do not want to be a union bus driver. So good for this young chap risking his life everyday.

>Congressional Medal of Honor for Mr. Darden when?
>>
All investorfags talk about is how the government needs to get out of business and let the economy run, and when it comes to you getting fired you're all for letting government dictate how your employer can fire you?
>>
>>1351039
Also does it also mean I can be put into a limbo where I'm not laid off or fired but work suddenly stops and I dunno when itll resume?
>>
>>1351015
usually these drivers make a shit ton of money through overtime

they just can't find people who want to drive a bus for a living these days so you have scenarios where some poor sucker drives a bus for 100 hours a week
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.