[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a small quantity of precious metals in the form of coins.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: gold-silver-old-coins-13798589.jpg (56KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
gold-silver-old-coins-13798589.jpg
56KB, 400x267px
I have a small quantity of precious metals in the form of coins. Because they are not decorative objects nor historical artifacts I see no reason in keeping them. Is there any way to actually extract something close to market price for their weight or are they, in insufficiently large quantity, essentially worthless?
>>
>>1350048
I'll buy some pf them off of you for current market value. Post what you have.
>>
>>1350048
nobody in his sane mind busy old used coins (unless know his shit real well and can extensively test them)
that's 99% chinese counterfeit
>>
>>1350309
Dumbass. Just go to a respectable coin shop OP, you can get more money than their weight in whatever PM the coin is. This is called a "premium" and depends on the condition of the coin.
>>
>>1350323
kek no the premium works when you buy when you sell you usually get somewhat under spot unless some really numismatic coins are in question but you won't get a real good price on them at a shop they rather just buy silver at spot price. you can sell directly to a collector at a better price yes. but that's time consuming.
>>
>>1350339
Selling coins on ebay is a piece of cake, and you can get above spot
>>
>>1350362
like i said only idiots buy from ebay
the number of scams are countless
but you can try selling there is no harm in it unless you get charge-back scammed or the seller will send ebay some fake coins saying that was what he received from you and ebay refunds him and bans you.

but no i would never buy used looking coins and especially not from ebay. and most serious customers (ie not scammers or marks) wouldn't either. because the scene is so infested.
>>
>>1350373

I thought that was the case, given that on Ebay Sunshine Mining 1 oz Silver Coins are being sold sometimes for a hundred something when that much silver is currently worth, what, 20-something $US?

They just seem like hunks of silver, they don't seem to have any value as rare coins to me, as I'm guessing they were just mass produced even if the 1980's stamp dates on them are correct.

I've just never sold like a gold watch or ring before, or been to a pawnshop, and I suspect I would get carved up at one of those places.
>>
>>1350616
>I suspect I would get carved up at one of those places.
most likely, you would get under spot for the net gold or silver content of your coins.
>>
It's like no one ever heard of apmex before.
>>
Melt them down. Mints usually give 2% below spot.
>>
>>1350048

I inherited a bunch of gold coins.

It was a bitch to sell.

If I were ever to get into gold again, I'd just buy bullion instead of haggling about its quality as a coin.
>>
>>1351584
yup
>>
>>1351584
Why would you sell them? Your grandpa is rolling in his grave right now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.