[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worked my second day at Callcenter outbound. Calling people to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: iStock_000012107870Medium.jpg (197KB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000012107870Medium.jpg
197KB, 1698x1131px
Worked my second day at Callcenter outbound. Calling people to sell them cheaper landline rates.
Did't sell one yet.
Any tips?
Already working on a deeper, manly voice.(Any tips for that as well?)

I'm paid 8.50€ per hour btw.
>>
>€

You mean ₹ right?
>>
>>1346722
Funny enough a few teamleaders really are from India.
>>
File: spin_selling_by_neil_rackham.jpg (44KB, 343x499px) Image search: [Google]
spin_selling_by_neil_rackham.jpg
44KB, 343x499px
>>1346743
Just read sales books senpai.

I used to work at a call center as well, and all I can tell you is that they never really teach people things properly and have a "sink or swim approach" employment, which is why turnout is usually high,

The solution? Read books, because nobody else fucking does it. They'll ask what's your secret and if you say that you just read, they won't give a damn either. It's crazy.

Pic related, you can literally google almost any book these days for a free PDF copy.

[spoiler]chances are you won't read though so there's that[/spoiler]
>>
>>1346758
also this
>>
>>1346767
>>1346758
Thanks man I'll follow your advice.
Did it work out for you?
How long have you been employed?
>>
>>1346785
No, it didn't work out. Quit because of management, when they kept raising the quotas. Was only about a year in on that one.

I was mixed inbound you see, and it became a mindless number's game between more calls per hour while keeping high customer satisfaction survey scores. Clearly it was impossible, and turnout just became worse and worse until all the good people quit, followed by team leaders getting flack for it, and then THEY quit, until everyone was replaced with newfriends who couldn't keep up, spiraling the scores worse and worse. Chain reaction, really.

But yeah such is the nature of call center, it's really hit and miss.

Have a backup career.
>>
>>1346813
Thank you for the information.
A Year is quite long.
I'll try to keep the job for a few weeks (maybe months) until I go to uni.
>>
>>1346841
One last thing, since I think you may be serious and will hit the inevitable "oh god what the fuck am I doing with my life this shit fucking sucks" phase that hits everyone at the call center eventually. Maybe not soon enough, but you'll think about it eventually and it's always a good idea to think ahead.

First, is that it's normal. You're going to feel so demotivated it's not even funny, and you may even really quit just after a few weeks. The pay is garbage, the quotas insurmountable, and your co-workers are dickbags, but keep in mind that working at a call center presents you with an opportunity that not many people fully realize: The ability to talk to countless people every day and generally not see them again for the rest of your life. Trial and error or not, this is a fantastic training ground into the art of convincing people.

You can build your silver tongue and get better and better at persuading people to your benefit, and it can almost be like a super power. Ever play a video game with max charisma and notice how easy everything is? It's criminally underrated, and probably why the best criminals have never been caught if they can talk themselves out of any situation.

If it's one thing somewhat resembling joy I felt at the call center, it would have to be that mental rush of controlling a conversation exactly to a perfect result, and even outside the job you can still use it to whatever you'd like. Women come to mind, but more practically you can use it as a life-long skill in networking and making everyday conversations smooth, pleasant, and with direction.

I was an autistic spastic prior to my first call center job, and still am, but at least I've learned how to talk to people, and even better, talking to people into my best interest.
>>
>>1346715
>Worked my second day at Callcenter outbound.
>Any tips?
don't.
>>
>>1346902
Thanks again for your valuable advice.
This is a part of the of the job I thought about but I did not fully realize the opportunity until now.
I will try to enjoy myself instead of letting the called ones control my state of mind in any way.
Thanks dude.
You're pretty convincing btw.
>>
>>1346715
Always smile while you are on the phone. You can hear the difference
>>
People still use landlines? Fucking boomers. Gas them all.
>>
>>1346902
>>1347007
I can second this, I was r9k-tier before, and I can disguise myself easily at normie-tier after.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.