[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19, I'll by 20 by the end of September. I dropped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nrbyhzq9WJ1sn0jz1o1_540.jpg (59KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrbyhzq9WJ1sn0jz1o1_540.jpg
59KB, 540x540px
I'm 19, I'll by 20 by the end of September. I dropped out of college. I was studying philosophy, the course was too easy and I was surrounded by people who educated themselves through shitty YouTube channels. The whole atmosphere was unbearable and ruled by pseudo-intellectualism.

I want to be a filmmaker, it's my only goal and dream. I'm from a working class family, my parents can't afford to pay a film school. I'm willing to be a wage slave and work for my film school but I think there must be another way to succeed.

Fatalism isn't for me. I grew up in France, a country where "social determinism" became an excuse for failures but I like the idea of being a self-made man.

I know some of you succeeded, at least financially. Can you give some advices? I need to get my shit together and I know I can learn from some of you.
>>
Advice? Network. If you wanna make it in the film industry, you have to go to a lot of gatherings and make a lot of connections. Save up as much money as you can, buy film equipment, and make amateur films with your friends. Create a social media presence by releasing them online (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook) preferably in snippets. Register a film company. Have film runs in your house, charge like 5$ before slowly but surely increasing. I'm moving to a small college town for my graduate school, and it's the perfect place to do this kind of thing. Give me some contact info if you want to continue talking.

Thanks!
>>
>>1344828
Learn humility you're not as smart as you think, child
Get a Bachelor's degree. You can barely earn a living wage without one. You have to have one to work at Starbucks ffs

>coworker's face when op spouts philosophy shit lel
>>
As a person in a similar situation but music instead of filmmaking i would advise against school for a creativity related field. All the douchenozzles that go to music schools are retards and end up coming out thinking they are skilled because they paid 30,000 for something that can be learned online. They also end up working at starbucks instead of music.
>>
>>1344848
>Learn humility you're not as smart as you think, child
Thanks.
My pretentiousness is a defense mechanism, I'm not really self-confident. I'm also surrounded by members of my family who are less educated but are smarter than me so I quickly recognize and patronize people who aren't that intelligent.
>>1344847
Excellent advices, thank you!
I thought about that but my "friends" - who are much more privileged and have access to film equipment - are the type of lazy people who always talk about projects and never accomplish anything. [email protected]
>>
>>1344828
Stop browsing tumblr faggot
Also you are french plz stay cucked
>>
>>1344856
That's precisely why I think there must be another way to succeed. Thanks.
>>
>>1344882
>Implying I didn't find this picture on Google
/b/ is a great place for shitposting, try it!
>>
File: 1461961456222.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461961456222.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>1344828
if you truly claim to be above your philosophy classes, then you can self learn if you truly care about it and want to inject those serious themes into your work, just get a library card and make sure you are reading the elite works. Filming can be done VERY cheaply, unless you are making micheal Bay trash. You can either torrent Adobe Aftereffects and work on your editing skills, or just work within your limitations and do simple scenes in cities/nature without fancy FX. I don't know shit about the industry, but you could make entertaining and thoughtful shorts, upload them to youtube/vimeo, and then release actual movies as well once you have a fanbase. Find a EZmode minimum wage job like starbucks that won't sap all of your energy and you can hire amateur actors from craigslist and support yourself.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.