[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't tell if this board is just a very well developed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot-2015-07-01-15.40.41.png (300KB, 637x371px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2015-07-01-15.40.41.png
300KB, 637x371px
I can't tell if this board is just a very well developed shit post machine or if you guys are actually making moves in your life. Either way, I'm interested.

I'm currently going to college, but I'm home for the summer and I'm having a hard time finding work. I'll occasionally get work with a temp agency I've worked with for a few years, but my last assignment with them was two weeks ago. I planned on making about 5k to pay for housing, but with the way things are shaping out, I'd be happy with 3. What would be a good way to supplement my income?

I've done some poking around the board and saw a few generals that seemed to have some good information but I didn't know where to start. I follow news pretty closely (Wanted to buy around 600 usd worth of GBP when the pound dropped and sold it back when it inevitably bounced back) so I have helped friends pick out certain stocks, but I have never used my own money and I would love to start there if possible. I also have a computer science background, so I feel like I could do something with that (I think someone mentioned something about data archiving in another thread). I've also heard there's money in freelance writing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tl;dr: College student with a lot of spare time wants to make money before the summer is over. I have about 600 USD right now I could use to invest with.
>>
>>1337009
>this board is just a very well developed shit post machine
Bingo!
>>
next time start off your thread with "Dear Diary"
>>
>>1337009
The vast majority of people on /biz/ are young NEETs with pretty much no money to their name, and I'm not just saying that, there's been plenty of surveys done to show it.
>>
There have been scientific studies done by the scientific community that scientifically prove biz is just full of shit posters
>>
>>1337079
>>1337260
I'm sure that's true, but what about the people who have broken the cycle of shitposting/videogames/masturbation? Or are they somewhere else.
>>
>>1337806
Try hitting up the Ebay/Amazon threads.
600 is enough to get you into reselling (assuming that you don't need that money for living expenses)
You won't get rich from it but it's nice to have a hobby that makes you a little extra.

Otherwise if you are good at writing you can try doing some freelance work on the side on ODesk/UpWork/eLance or some other freelance platform.
>>
>>1337865
Thanks for the help. I'll start lurking more. Reselling sounds like a lot of fun, but a huge problem for me is that I live on an island so I imagine shipping costs would be outrageous. I'll look into it anyway.

What's Robinpoor and should I even bother with that?
>>
>>1337865
This
Have you had any past hobbies or something? As a kid I loved collecting hockey cards and later i started to understand the prices of the pieces of paper. From the thousands of cards I've bought (around $500 in investment) I made (roughly) 10× that.
>>
>>1338372
I played magic for a few years but I'm pretty sure my brother has scalped any good cards I had. Other than that.. video games. I took up photography a few years ago and I've been watching the prices of film and film cameras rise and fall.
>>
>>1337009
This is the name of the game. You have to figure out a way to make money on your own though dog, no one can come up with the plan for you and walk you through it every step of the way.

Brainstorm. Research. Read. Start writing down ideas. Put yourself out there.>>1337865 is good advice. Freelance writing is cool, put together a portfolio by offering to write for free for someone or just making up stuff. You can make quick easy money writing copy and if you're smart and understand basic psychology, you'll probably pick it up quickly.

Truly learn and understand that to succeed you have to figure this out on your own.

>Get a fucking job also
>"I already have a jo-"
>A new/better job
>>
>>1338387
I'm not too sure about video games but I've had a friend who made some good pocket money on selling used cameras and equipment.
>>
>>1338296
It's a trading app. Called Robinhood. Has no trading fees so it's for people who are buying stocks with like ~$3k or less. Good for poorfags and beginners screwing around
>>
>>1338406
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.