[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /biz/, I need help. I want to change, financially.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0198.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0198.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Alright /biz/, I need help.

I want to change, financially.

Let me describe my situation.

I graduated highschool in 2011. Since then, I've had to work factory jobs just to stay alive (parents are gone). From 2011 to current year I've only made around $19-20k a year. By winter of 2015 I finally saved up enough to get a car (no credit = no cosigner, so huge down payment), so I decided I would try to go to college. Filled out FAFSA, found out I'm only qualified for like $900 of assistance per year. So I'm fucked with loans. Great. So now I'm attending college for Computer Science, just finished my first year. I've applied to numerous different locations, but I'm still stuck with factory jobs no matter how hard I try or how hard I tweak my resume.

I guess my main question is, how can I escape god-awful manual-labor factory work and low pay? Do I just have to stick it out for 3 more years until I graduate? Because it's killing my soul, and last year before deciding to go to college I almost did kill myself.

The whole "working your way up to supervisor" thing is just a meme in factories. I've been in several factories and have seen at least a hundred hard workers that had been there for 20+ years working hard and not been promoted unless they were related to the higher-ups.

I've tried the stock market but so far haven't had very much luck (not a whole lot of risk capital, because bills and loans).

Any ideas as to how I can un-fuck my situation?

qt on frog not related.
>>
>>1336782
If you want to go on the employment road, go to as many interviews as you can.

If you have some available cash and want to start a business it depends on our country's market.

You can always trade bitcoins with one rule (buy low sell high) or apply that rule to a product that you know well.

It's all about risks you are willing to take anon.
>>
Where are you located OP?
>>
>>1336806
Midwest of the U.S.
>>
>>1336804
Yeah, taking risks are pretty much the only times I've advanced anywhere in life. I've never been able to get anywhere by sheer skill. Thanks anon
>>
File: 1306533563656.jpg (34KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1306533563656.jpg
34KB, 431x450px
>>1336782
>The whole "working your way up to supervisor" thing is just a meme in factories. I've been in several factories and have seen at least a hundred hard workers that had been there for 20+ years working hard and not been promoted unless they were related to the higher-ups.

Well, see, there is a problem here, which i can't stress enough telling everybody. It doesn't matter even if you work 2 million years at an industry, if you do not grow the balls to ask for something bigger and risk getting fire, you never will.

Having been a "boss" for some time, i can tell you. I never wanted a spineless cuck to be promoted and ruin parts of the industry by not being able to hold himself together, present himself, and even lie about his achievements successfully.

If you want a promotion, you should try showing that you are -awesome- at what your job requires, awesome enough to seem valuable but not awesome enough that they turn you to a task mule.

Add to that a little bit of trust from your boss to you, and you can ask for a promotion. If you don't, you will just be stuck there, as the nameless mass. If you do though, know that there is a chance (smaller if you do the aforementioned) that you will get ousted, so be prepared for the consequences.

tl;dr Fight for your promotion faggot.
>>
>>1336867
Yes, I know all of this. I've tried everything, I'm probably just unlucky enough to have only been in the factories where they have the "good ol' boy, he's related to so-and-so" mentality.

Though at my current job, when I got hired they saw that I'm studying Computer Science. Said something about possibly making me an IT intern in the Fall when business slows down. Though my coworkers said they're snakey and say all kinds of things just to keep you on board.

I'll try and "grow the balls" to ask for that internship in the fall.
>>
>>1336880
Remember, before growing the balls, take precautions. Make yourself valuable (or seem like that, even if you are not), catch them on a good day, do some goodwill the past few days, get some reasoning ready ("look you bitches, i did this and that and increased your income by 0.1% by myself, give me more freedom and i can help more") etc.

Oh, and when you encounter them act as if you are Genghis Khan and they are your about to be brides, but for some reason you wanted to be cuddly that day.
>>
>>1336831
Sheer skill is mandatory but not the key. As in products, marketing is the key.

Market yourself, take risks, take chanses.

It may sound bullshit, but put yourself in a hard situation and find the solution.

As an example, you can quit your job. That way, you will be in a difficult situation and will force yourself to find a better solution.
Plus, let's be real. What have you lost in this situation? A shitty job? Shitty jobs are anywere.
>>
>>1336806
australia by the looks of the image
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.