[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>COLD CALLING Any good guides or strategies/tips when cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>COLD CALLING

Any good guides or strategies/tips when cold calling?

I have started a small service based business and am in the unique position of being able to contact my potential clients directly (I also know that all of my potential clients REQUIRE these services) however, chances are that they already utilize the services of a competing business.

I will be offering an introductory discount and plan to offer a secondary discount in return for positive social media ratings and reviews after the first initial job.

My website is ready to go so I just now need to begin contacting my potential clients.

I have decided to start by cold calling with a follow up email. I will then creat some flyers followed by face to face meetings.

All advice appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>1329867
>Any good guides or strategies/tips when cold calling?
be high on some type of drug, nothing too crazy though
>>
>>1329867
Be a down to earth guy. If they feel like you're a telemarketer they won't even let you finish your sentence.
>>
>>1329867

The first few hundred calls are gonna suck.

A few tips:
- go straight to the point, "the reason Im calling is i sell x product"
- have respect for their time. "If this is a bad time could I contact you later"
- get an email address, "Could I send you an email about x and you can take a look when you have time?"

Any time you get a hostile response, just apologize and move on.
>>
Easy. Use catch phrases like "what if I told you..."
"Sir, you owe it to yourself" another good one is "a deal of a lifetime".
A personal favorite "The time is now don't let this opportunity pass you by"

Your welcome, anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oICHvlqApBc
>>
>>1329908

> what if I told you...

killer sales line
>>
Thanks
>>
>>1329867

Try not to be robotic. It can be difficult after you pitch 20 times and everyone says "no interested, bye". But remember there are real people on the other end of the phone. Real people that will respond to the slightest tone change or wording difference. It can be emotionally draining, but keep fighting on.

It depends on what you're selling but the average saying in sales is out of 10 people 3 will be interested and 1 will be a sale. I find that's a bit optimistic if you're doing cold calls. It's probably more like out of 20 people 3 will be interested and 1 will buy but it could be just me.
>>
>>1329878
How to make no money 101
>>
>>1329867
Have a script to help you if you're lost (don't read it tho) you should put yourself in the prospect head and give the informations that he wants to know: what who where when at what price etc. Do not forget that businesses get a lot of these calls and that ppl who really need a service would actually help you in the process of selling it to them. Don't be that annoying harassing guy, do not be that "door to door vaccum seller" type of guy do not be that "ill sell my balls for a quick return aka used car dealer that looks like a cheap mafia type of guy". If you are nervous over the phone, smile while talking and try to picture the person that you are calling naked and/ or taking a dump (seriously). Stay calm and professionnal in every situation. You should be fine.
>>
>>1329871
I used to smoke weed when I worked a call center for my school, asking for donations from alumni. A little bit of weed took the edge off and made being chatty easier. Too much made it harder to talk and made me forget my game plan (emotionally manipulate the graduates by talking to them about their college experiences and then working our donation request into that)
>>
Remember that every phone call is a new one. The person answering doesn't know you've just had 20 calls, so sound like you just picked up the phone.

Open up asking them how they're going. Get them to speak. Be really upfront about who you are, and what your purpose is.

I personally like asking questions. It gets people involved, and it avoids having them sit there listening to you talk for ages.

Keep you script short and simple. Don't go too much into detail, but give a good round off of the benefits are and what your purpose is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.