[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is wrong with selling on Amazon stuff you can get cheaper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What is wrong with selling on Amazon stuff you can get cheaper from Alibaba?
Are there any reasons why I shouldnt set up an account on both sites right now, buy some reviews for the product and pay some bloke to handle shipping for me?
>>
>>1326349

kill yourself
>>
File: 1456021997911.jpg (34KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
1456021997911.jpg
34KB, 640x484px
>>1326349
If you came to this board expecting answers, such a fool you must be. This is a tomb where words of gut twisting hatred, soul crushing loss, and mind numbing solitude echo; we are here to release what the world has bestowed, not absorb it.

This place, to which some call home, is an instrument of emotional vivisection; a tool to remove the leeches named despair and self-malice which society had afflicted those they deemed a lesser.

To prosper here, one must learn balance by relishing in the disdain of those who post revilement, all the while purging cancerous thoughts that plague the heart. The touchless miserables here are not bound by this physical plane, but materialize through posts of written language behind the mask of anonymity. Make use of these robot readers so others may share your misery; articulate the burden of your weathered spirit who knows not the warmth and joy of an amorous bond.

Then learn to laugh along with the nihilists, gluttons, and the cursed; banter with the villains, the whores, the sick and perverse. In this dark corner of the interwebs, they are your cruel companions, your cohorts of self depravity; all bonded together as faceless rejects who world has forsaken.

So go and run, Opie, leave our secret club. You may yet have a chance to escape untainted from the emotive parasites which thrive in this board. May you never know the bedevilment which captivates us; the vexation of memetic imagery arousing mans most primitive sins. For I am envious, Opie, my path led to damnation. Forsaken was I, a worthless cretin; condemned to bear witness to the fleeting years of my priceless youth fade and my mortal vessel rot with age. This board has imprisoned me; sealing me away to a fate of endless decay, forever bickering among the other wretches of this cyberspace cafe for the socially aborted.
>>
>>1326349
If after all this shit it's still profitable, than do it. I assume it's not
>>
amazon charges fees as middleman
people scam the system using bullshit excuses to get a refund even though the product is fine
the hassle of being a middleman is generally not worth the reliability issues with the product vs people are willing to pay

people who order from alibaba are generally willing to take risks. people see amazon as another walmart, shit has to work. it's a different consumer
>>
>>1326367
10/10 desu lad
>>
>>1326361
>>1326367
Oh shit, this place is like the other boards after all.
I might just stay, it seems cozy.

>>1326377
>>1326379
Thanks guys. It seemes like a shit idea, but I couldn't pinpoint why.
Now it's obvious, thanks for the answers
>>
Amazon's fees are sky high. Is your margin wide enough that they can take 20% of the sale price and you don't feel ripped off?
>>
>>1326349
Because alibaba has no returns policy and is cheap faulty chinese knock-offs that take weeks to show up?
>>
It works, I know it first hand.
You need to analyse the market to find a good product aka good demand but nobody dominating the market yet, etc.. google it my /biz/bro
If you do the analysis well you'll get good returns, if you do it extremely well you probably have a chance to dominate.
Minimum you get 200 bucks per month, good analysis will lead you to 1000 and if you dominate sky is the limit.
>>
>>1326349
>What is wrong with selling on Amazon stuff you can get cheaper from Alibaba?

It is not that simple OP. I can write a fucking book about it but let me summarize some of the bad things.
-if you are not careful you can be easily scammed in alibaba.
-chinese suppliers dont care a shit about you, once they got the money their costumer service is beyond shit.
-shipping something from a chinese supplier as a sample or small order by air is expensive like hell. expect 12 dollars per kilo as average. if you go by sea it gets cheaper but you need to wait months for it to arrive.
-you have to deal with freight forwarders and need to know some basic terms if you dont, nobody is going to respect you. They want to deal with people that know what are they doing.
-you have to deal with customs and taxes, be aware of the certifications of your product and confirm your supplier certificates are legit you are responsible if something goes wrong and your product burn a house or poison a child.
-say hi to the copyright code and patent laws, they are going to rape you once they find you are infringing some faggot design nobody cares but it was patented.
-you have to invest in good photos and listing optimization and its not cheap.
-pay reviewers? good luck amazon algorithm can even know if a relative buys from you and ban your ass for review manipulation.

and the one that I love the most. Chinese sellers have a subside shipping stuff into the states so their shipping rate is cheaper than any other U.S citizen.

If you can find a product with at least 75% margin, verify your supplier is legit and your product is idiot proof. you can profit.
But not sir is not fucking easy. specially if you compete against chinese fuckers.
I ordered two samples since last week. And they still cant deliver two freaking samples, they haven't ship them yet. It cost me 180 bucks. And they dont fucking care.
>>
Will Trump's 35% tariff on Chinese goods make this unfeasible?
>>
>>1327094
from my point of view instead paying a 100 dollars for a chinese stuff you are going to pay 135. I dont see americans manufacturing the same for less than 500 dollars.
>>
How spend paypal money in amazon uk?
I'm eurofag( not in uk) and don't have visa and can't find web amazon gift shop that would accept paypal.
>>
>>1326367
is this pasta
>>
>>1328254
ofcourse
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.