[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi biz I have suddenly inherited a large sum of money (life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

hi biz

I have suddenly inherited a large sum of money (life insurance) and I don't know where to invest it

I have absolutely zero training in finance

I go to uni, I live with my mum right now

what's the safest and most profitable investment right now? real estate? gold?

what should I do /biz/?
>>
Index funds
>>
as with many topics, boglehead wiki is a good place to start:

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Managing_a_windfall
>>
Vanguard S&P 500 ETF, cash some in when you graduate from uni and keep most of it for retirement.
>>
>>1321804
Dildos
>>
>>1321804
How much?
>>
>>1321804
why not double than money during halving and buy BTC
>>
>>1321804

Buy bitcoin and sell before halving, then buy the dip. Sell later when it spikes in a year or two.

Congrats! You've made 600% on your initial investment!
>>
i can't believe it took almost 20 minutes for the bitcoin retards to show up.
>>
Disregard retards telling you to invest in crypto currency, buy gold and silver by the kilos, sell in a couple years or even later.
>>
>>1321865
tried gold.. you dont really make serious profit. it just keeps up with inflation for the most part

its just a store of value
>>
>large sum of money
I'm going to assume 5m plus, because that is a large sum of money, if I were you, i'd buy an appartment or villa in monaco and rent it out or airbnb it
>>
>>1321985
Just to be clear, you dont need 5 mil to do this, albeit I said monaco, you dont need 5m if you get lucky with a good price
>>
>>1321895
BTC is actually the answer. Not any other crypto tho. Guy was talking a few days ago how he made 3x his investment. Solid. We'll probably see it sit at 1,000 in a few years.
>>
>>1321992
agreed. I hold BTC

could go south at any moment, but im happy with it so far
>>
>>1322020
It will almost certainly go south. Then it bounces. Sometimes it takes months but every large-scale dip causes a huge breakout for the most part as people rush in to buy cheap. The confidence in this currency is real and the popularity is still not super present, you would have been better getting into it in the past, but even now it's still not at the top of its game.
>>
>>1322038
I learned about BTC back in 2010.. but was too retarded to notice its true potential. I was quite the gold-bug.. still am. I only got into BTC after Mt.Gox

Im still gonna buy it when it dips. pretty confident in it
>>
>>1322043
That was the best time to get in besides the beginning at <$50 a piece, was the MtGox crash. You did well son.
>>
>>1321804
what about something not related to bitcoins I'll have a hard time explaining my mum what those are
>>
>>1322180
stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, bonds

basically, all the granny-type investments
>>
>>1321804
Proof is required before any serious response.
>>
>>1321804
Open a saving account with 5% arp and save £300.000. It gives you each year £8k. That is enough to have a nice life in Thailand/traveling se Asia.

Buy index funds etc with the other half of 300.000.
>>
>>1322323
Etf long x3 is a bit faster in profit revenue.
>>
>>1322442
Are you trolling? or just retarded?
>>
>>1322449
Leverage of 3 gains or looses more than a etf with a leverage of 1
>>
>>1321804
IMO gold is going to start roaring through the 1920's.
>>
>>1322442
IMO at this phase of the cycle you're better off buying full on derivatives short the S&P when it's near resistance utilizing the strategy of averaging down and maximizing leverage.
>>
>>1322487
>near resistance
Spotted the TA fag. How's poverty?
>>
>>1322496
Not as good as fucking all you suckers with the Rockefeller fortune all through the 2020's.
>>
You're all subject to the weapon of mass corruption. That's what you suckers get for not keeping it gangster enough.
>>
>>1321804
>what's the safest and most profitable investment right now? real estate? gold?
index funds
>>
File: the give away.jpg (10KB, 284x44px) Image search: [Google]
the give away.jpg
10KB, 284x44px
After my cock rocks you dweebs are on your own. This is the most ya'll are getting. I'm dropping contact with you faggots after I board the spaceship. You faggots are too poor for a space ship. Claiming hyperspace monopoly, if I catch any of you faggots on the radar in hyperspace I'll nuke you.
I'm so hilarious aren't I.
I wonder how sexy my lips are gonna be after I pop out. Feels like the Rolling Stones hit the nail on the head.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.