[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So guys would you be willing to join a free nation independant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: OuterHeaven1995logo.jpg (94KB, 1103x827px) Image search: [Google]
OuterHeaven1995logo.jpg
94KB, 1103x827px
So guys would you be willing to join a free nation independant from all others; how difficult do you think it would be to create a real Outer Heaven? Saw engineering guesses that a single functioning FOB platform would run about 10 million dollars. What would be good ways to crowdfund? What are good ways to make money as an independent nation/rogue nation.
>>
how would you even sustain it?
>>
>>1321696
outer ops and fultoned sheep duh
>>
>Build floating nation powered by the Sun and sea
>Raise funds by selling farmed fish to coastal nations
>Slowly grow more and more powerful
>Take over Somolia
>>
>>1321592
where would we aquire land? How will we defend it if another nation decides to take it from us?
>>
>>1321942
Nukes
>>
>>1321592
you can ask on r9k.
>>
>>1321592
>Father worked high up in an oil company
>once went with him out to some of the platforms off the shore of the Gulf
>costs around $5 million a year to run
And that's for a small-decent sized one. To say nothing about insurance, constantly supplying it, possibilities of accidents, etc.

If you really want a free independent nation, your best shot these dailies is to peddle Liberland and hope Vit Jedlicka decides to give you citizenship.
>>
>>1321592
I think /pol/ is looking for someplace they can freely hate niggers and muslims. Maybe you could team up with them?
>>
>>1322597
$5 mill in total? Is this figure including the cost of running the drills and all the power that consumes as well as transporting the oil. Or just to keep the lights on, food, water?
>>
>>1322604
That $5 million is just for keeping the thing floating.

If you want to factor in daily operations (including food, water, etc), inspections/reviews, and of course, the actual cost of the ship itself, the price goes up. Exponentially.

Hope this hypothetical nation can make, say, $200 million a year to break even.
>>
>>1321592

Patri Friedman's seasteading institute has some interesting studies and documents on logical stuff of living on the water.

Fort Galt (S. America I believe) is something semi-autonomous and sells living spots. They are pretty spendy and small, but there are good shared spaces.

Free State movement, just kicked in so a bunch of libertarians (10k I believe) are moving to part of N.H., in an attempt to influence policy from the local level.

Not that any of these answers your questions, but just thought you might be interested.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.