[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /biz/. I have a signed blank cheque from someone, they 100%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 4240709-money.jpg (2MB, 3300x2154px) Image search: [Google]
4240709-money.jpg
2MB, 3300x2154px
Hi /biz/. I have a signed blank cheque from someone, they 100% forgot they gave it to me. What is the maximum amount I could feasibly deposit this cheque for without the bank having to confirm/freeze the money?

I don't mind ruining the relationship with said person. I'm moving off to start a new life in the same country tho so I don't want to be charged with bank fraud, as I still need to operate and make money legally.

Obviously something like 20k would probably arouse suspicions and not go through (although that's the amount I would take if it was possible...), but if anyone can point me in the direction of better info on this matter I would appreciate it.
>>
Is the check just made out to cash? If your name is tied to it in anyway I wouldnt do it
>>
>>1321330
it's addressed to me personally.

there must be some sort of clause to protect cheque-givers, but also to recipients of cheques.

just wondering if there's a chance the bank would let it go through since the person was dumb enough to give me a signed blank cheque in the first place.

probably won't go through with this unless I could get a few thousand dollars and not have a chance at criminal charges laid against me. odds are against me in that respect, but since I'm severing all connections and doing a re-boot, why not look into have a few more grand to make money with
>>
>>1321316
As soon as you use it, it will show on the makers transactions. He has up to 3 (or 7?) years to recall the check at which point you're concerned wouldn't be 'friendship'
>>
>>1321316
throw that thing to the trash and celebrate father's day anon
>>
>>1321316

Enjoy your 3 years in prison for check fraud.
>>
>>1321316

Pretty sure that is check fraud and you can go to jail.

When a person gives another person a check it's based upon whatever agreement was set at handing that check over.

So if you violate whatever that agreement was and cash the check in a way other than specified it is fraud.
>>
>>1321316
>I have a signed blank cheque from someone, they 100% forgot they gave it to me

Story?
>>
>>1321316
>I have a signed blank cheque from someone, they 100% forgot they gave it to me
Is it dated ? Depending on your state it may not be valid anymore.

>>1321354
>there must be some sort of clause to protect cheque-givers, but also to recipients of cheques.
The name on the front doesn't really matter, what counts is who endorses the cheque, ie. signs and writes his account on the back. The back is protected by banking secrecy and the bank will not give it away to anyone without a court order (in theory).
>>
>>1321316
You can ask again at r9k
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.