[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone who's outperformed the S&P 500 purely through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: biz-portfolio-June-19-2016.jpg (27KB, 623x437px) Image search: [Google]
biz-portfolio-June-19-2016.jpg
27KB, 623x437px
Ask someone who's outperformed the S&P 500 purely through stock picking alone (with no derivatives) anything
>>
What's the timeframe of your outperformance?

One quarter? Who fucking cares.
>>
>>1321047
I'll post back in December with another screen cap provided you haven't killed yourself by then
>>
if you think you're so smart, trade options. that's where the big money is, and there is less risk, believe it or not.
>>
>>1321055
Do you understand the concept of a sample size?

Your quarterly earnings could have been five times greater by just dumping your cash into BTC.

Its not impressive to beat the S&P, its impressive to beat it consistently.
>>
>>1321057
Options are expensive and don't pay dividends.

Also this is a diversified portfolio of around 40 stocks. I'm in it for the long run.

>>1321065
Ok, anon, we'll see how this performs come the next market crash. I'll post a screencap.
>>
>>1321032
>>1321055
>>1321085
Fucking retard the point is not to beat the market for a year.

The point is LONG-TERM. And in all likelihood you will not beat the market in a timeframe of 10, 20, 30 years.
>>
>>1321089
why are you getting triggered so hard
>>
>>1321092
I'm pointing out how retarded you are

Is criticism now considered getting "triggered"?
>>
>>1321096
It is by 22 year olds with babby's first successful financial quarter
>>
>>1321096
The criticism is your opinion. You're just reacting like a butthurt rottentomato critic
>>
>>1321100
>The criticism is your opinion

It is the opinion of researchers and people with much more knowledge and experience than you will ever get in your lifetime. Your shit simply does not work, by all means, prove everyone wrong though... Just like all those other stockpickers... right?
>>
What stocks? (sector)

Where do you get your information?

How often do you trade?

What broker do you use?
>>
>>1321055

Lol even beating the market for 5 years isn't significant. Anyone that invested post 2009 would have an easy time. Come talk to us in Dec 2026 when you've beaten it for a decade and then we'll shitpost
>>
>>1321105
Knowledge and experience only applicable to a different period of history
>>
>>1321117
>Knowledge and experience only applicable to a different period of history

A span of nearly a century, done by people MUCH smarter than you.
>>
>>1321114
I think 4chan will be shutdown by the Feds by then m8
>>
>>1321032
>stock picking
Hi Grandpa.

Personally I trades futures and use options as hedging tools. Up about 65% in the last 4 years on 240-400K. For under 5 hours of effort per week I'm not complaining.
>>
I outperformed the S&P 500 by 1000% for one hour on Friday, AMA.
>>
>>1321123
tell me more
>>
I outperformed the S&P 500 with a simple investment in BTC. Ask me anything.
>>
>>1321032
You're a retard. One quarter shows shit all. Loads of funds beat the market for years before 2008 and then they didn't the following year, and lost a lot of money. It's entirely feasible to beat the market for years, even during a financial crisis, but given a long enough period of time, unexpected turns in the market will fail all actively managed portfolios, which suffer from attrition through human errors, taxation, commissions, etc.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.