[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 and about to go to college a year from now. I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1465950421427.jpg (294KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465950421427.jpg
294KB, 900x600px
I'm 18 and about to go to college a year from now. I just applied for a minimum wage job. My friend works the job also, and he says that shifts are no longer than 6 hours, and they only allow you to work 3 days a week. I'm are also payed bi-weekly. Assuming I work, for the maximum time allowed, I will only get 291.6 before taxes every two weeks. Then after paying for the fucking faggot retarded boomer's social security, and other taxes, I'll probably only have $200 bi-weekly. Why shouldn't I just trade/invest meme stocks to help pay off college? I have about 1k saved up now, and I can definitely make more than 200 every two weeks trading. From starting with 600 less than a couple of months ago, I think I can really up my game with enough effort. What do you guys think, should I stick with minimum wage, or up my trading game?
>>
File: 1463767142094.jpg (79KB, 640x595px) Image search: [Google]
1463767142094.jpg
79KB, 640x595px
The best move for you would be to save up that minimum wage. Unless you have full ride scholarships, deans scholarships and grants that will pay for your colleg, your minimum wage job and saving up will save you from defaulting on loans when you graduate.
Open one candy bar at a time, my friend
>>
File: 1461104599949.gif (241KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1461104599949.gif
241KB, 200x193px
>>1319517
>saving up will save you from defaulting on loans when you graduate.
but why-so? Because it's consistent income and stocks are not? If I was able to consistently turn a greater profit, bi-weekly off of meme stocks, shouldn't I do that? I guess I'm asking, What are the benefits to the min job vs the meme job?
>>
>>1319538
Stocks can fall in value. Lets say you invest 1000 and the market crashes, you lose everything. Then youll have nothing to pay your loans off and your credit score with financial institutions can suffer as well.
With stable income, your money will sit in a bank and slowly grow as you contribute more income, then when you graduate and have trouble finding a job but still have debt to pay off, all that money you saved will go towards paying off the loans monthly so you dont default and fuck up your credit.

Thats just what I would do if I were you, especially since the market is pure american capitalism on steroids and youre in college.
>>
>>1319538

> If I was able to consistently turn a greater profit, bi-weekly off of meme stocks

annnnd thats where you went wrong
>>
>>1319564
>>1319582

But what if I keep most of my money in cash, and only trade stocks? That way, if the market does crash, I don't take a big hit since I didn't use all my money. For example, let's say I invest $200 in a meme stock and keep the rest in cash. I do my due diligence, and find a stock with rising volume due to an earnings report (or some other equivalent catalyst). The stock rises 50% for the day, and I make $100, which is a lot compared to my pay. However, if the stock takes a sudden turn, I cut my losses at %10, only losing $20. I then take the remaining $180 and invest into a different meme. The risk is a lot less than the reward, because I limit my losses and let the winners ride. Tell me why that is not a better than minimum wage.
>>
switch jobs.

indeed.com
monster.com
craigslist.com
jobs.com
>>
Why not do both for even more money?
>>
>>1319660
I would if I had experience. So far, this seems like the best job I can get. I've applied to tons business near me, but most don't have any open positions, or require more experience.
>>1319664
That's what I'm probably going to do, but i'm not sure if it's the right move. The opportunity cost of working the job is really what I don't like. Takes up quite a bit of time, for not much pay.
>>
>>1319685
Opportunity cost for what? Less time you get to spend jerking it off?

You can handle your stocks from a smartphone at work, just look at them every 4 or so hours when you take a piss at work.

There's no 'opportunity cost' to working if you dont have a job already.
>>
>>1319687
Fair point, I guess. I would argue I have more important shit to do, but I I'd be lying. After all, I am just some lazy fuck that is just looking to make easy money.
>>
>>1319602
That works except for
>meme stocks going up 50% in a day
>stopping the loss in time
>this happening on a daily basis
dude just get a better job
>>
>>1319705
>meme stocks going up 50% in a day
A lot of them move greater than 50%. It's all about the memes.
>stopping the loss in time
Just set a stop loss the second you buy it, and you're 99% of the time going to be guaranteed a loss no larger than where you put the stop.
>this happening on a daily basis
It does happen on a daily basis, it's just finding the stocks is the hard part.
>dude just get a better job
I would if they weren't all taken. Seems like this is the most promising.
>>
>>1319717
OP, I am you, and I think that even though it's risky as fuck and not a sure thing (also you will lose plenty of money to start, I have lost a shitload the past few weeks, my break-in to trading), we can probably do it if we really study the markets enough. But it's hard to find resources. Gimme a email nigger, I have nobody to learn and discuss advanced shit with, I'm 19 and all the people who used to be my friends are druggy retards.
>>
Also, I felt you very hard on the opportunity cost thing. I also am not going anywhere or doing anything but still am pushing off getting re-employed at shitty min wage job until this money is gone because I spend that time learning. I didn't sleep for 3 days watching charts update once every fuckin 60 seconds. Fuck it. It's not really less demanding than a normal job if we're trying hard enough.
>>
>>1319928
Yeah man, let's talk charts.
[email protected]
>>
>>1320384
Just saw this.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.