[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting at Northwestern in the fall as an undergrad,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: NU Pepe.jpg (39KB, 327x366px) Image search: [Google]
NU Pepe.jpg
39KB, 327x366px
I'm starting at Northwestern in the fall as an undergrad, pretty set on studying math and economics.

How do I discover what banking-specific role I'd like to fill as I come out of university? Can someone help give me a rundown of what opportunities would be available to me?

Like where the hell am I supposed to intern after sophomore year? Or junior year? How do I gather information about what jobs are available after graduation for someone with my projected credentials?
>>
so you're going to an incredibly expensive college and you don't know the first thing about what you want to major in? Good luck retard.
>>
>>1315780
Get some summer internships in Chicago.
>>
>>1315799

you don't understand how elite schools make students pay. they give need based scholarships only and commit to meeting the demonstrated need of every student.

almost all of my schooling is paid for and this is about as expensive as my local state school is.

-

in addition i do know what i will major in. i will most likely dual major in econ/math or econ/stats with a certificate in financial economics from the business school. i listed 2 majors in the first line of the OP...

>>1315804

where at, and doing what? i don't understand how the internship process works at banks.
>>
>>1315810
Go to the bank's website and look under the career section

literally google "banking internships"
>>
>>1315780
Rising freshman here also, not at NU

I've found wall street oasis to be pretty informative, lurking there for a few months helped me figure out which colleges to apply to and which one to eventually commit to, and a few days there should be enough to figure out what general path to take and what internships to pursue after soph, maybe even freshman year.

>>1315799
>what is need based financial aid
>>
>>1315842

literally posted a similar thread on WSO just before this.

where are you going to school?
>>
Do a semester abroad.
>>
>>1315849
Well it looks like you're going in the right direction, hope it goes well. I'm going to Brown btw

>>1316452
Not disagreeing but why? I've been wondering what all the hype around going abroad is about
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.