[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any adults with well-diversified portfolios on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (23KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 470x313px
Are there any adults with well-diversified portfolios on this board (I know a few are on here) who have included crypto in the 10% of their portfolio that is dedicated to speculation? Crypt-shilling neets need not respond.

Also, are capital gains realized by the value appreciation of crypto coins taxes like traditional capital gains, or is it caught in some loophole where gains can be hidden?

I have a few grand leftover in my portfolio and I'm looking into untraditional investments. Obviously I'm not going to buy into this bubble, but I'm looking for general knowledge from true investors.
>>
You could try investing in a bitcoin etf, if you dont want the slight hassle of owning actual bitcoin.
>>
>>1312624
No, I rather not own meme money based around the internet drug trade
>>
If you want to allocate a small portion of your portfolio (10% is pushing it, to be honest) to speculative investments, that's fine. Pick some under-performing sector, or a bio-tech filer, or an emerging market.

Don't piss your money away on a blind dice roll.

If you're smart enough to do the right thing with 90% of your portfolio, you should be smart enough to avoid the wrong things with the other 10%.
>>
Vast majority of my money is in standard investments like vanguard indexes my retirement and stable blue chips for taxable. I have a small amount of taxable, roughly 5% give or take the day, meme yolos like btc and eth.

I'll admit I broke my rules and yolo'd hard on MGT at 2.04. So far it's worked out.
>>
>>1313216
/thread
>>
SP500
>>
I would dedicate a portion of my investments to gambling it all on red before I bought shitty digital tulips, which is to say I would never do such a thing.
>>
>>1313564
I would never put more than 5% in crypto. But still, no one traditional on this board has even considered it?
>>
>>1313579
I'm in eth for about 1% of my overall taxable investments portfolios, and btc for another 0.5%. Not sure why it matters what some random on the Internet is inverted in, though. I'm in it almost as a hobby, tbqhwyfam.
>>
Bump for OP, very relevant to my interests
>>
>Well diversified
>Cryptos

Top kek

There are two groups on /biz/

1) The perma poor retards, which composes memecoins, Robinhood, and daytraders

and

2) People that are actually financially literate
>>
>>1313664
This is true. But even Benjamin graham allows for a bit of speculation. Don't allow yourself to lose out because of fear. As long as you limit yourself to no more than 10% speculation you'll be ok.
>>
>>1313234

Cryptos don't correlate directly with stock markets so it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest (very little) into them.

The most I'd allocate to speculative stuff is 5%. Ideally I'd pick 5 "ideas" - bitcoins, biotech, metals, something along those lines and keep them at 1% each. Although 5% of one of these is fine in my opinion. It keeps you open enough to reap any large gains that are possible but prevent you from largely getting fucked

I'm young and my allocation is something like 85% stocks (usa/international), 10% bonds, 5% speculative of which half is bitcoin and the other half is gold.
>>
>>1313664
There is always a point in history where the overlap occurrs. Wouldn't you like to be a part of the overlap?
>>
>>1313690
I'm young as well, and inherited most of my resources which are in stocks and bonds. But I've met great succes following Graham's strategies. I'm looking to do some speculation in areas other than stocks since I've inherited so much.
>>
>>1313690
At first I thought you were implying there were btc equivalents in biotech, and became very confused
>>
>>1313690
>Cryptos don't correlate directly with stock markets
Cryptos don't correlate to ANYTHING because there's no inherent alpha generation. Just just flipping a coin doesn't correlate to the moon phases, which is basically the same thing.
>>
Buy ethereum
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.