[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work at tech startup while still pretty small >watch the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>work at tech startup while still pretty small
>watch the place grow over the last while, everyone there is like family, really good fun, lots of social stuff, great atmosphere
>founders parachute in big dicks from other companies to form a layer of bureaucracy above us. They don't do anything apparent, we still run the whole company.
>axe several well-liked staff members without warning, pretty brutally (i.e. pack up your shit and get out, don't say goodbye)
>present everyone with incredibly paranoid NDAs so we can't talk about anything ever and they basically own us
>tfw they've turned a happy company full of friends into a prison camp

Half the company (myself included) are trying to leave now, the atmosphere is so toxic.

Anyone know these feels?
>>
File: fbi-up-ye-old-data-tube.jpg (151KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
fbi-up-ye-old-data-tube.jpg
151KB, 800x420px
>>1312416
>anything apparent
>>
>>1312416
Leave pussy
>>
Companies always turn to shit when the distance between the original founders and the work floor becomes too great.

Said it before and will say it again.
>>
Welcome to every startup ever.

Getting bought it or absorbed into a big company is the endgame for a modern startup. Making a product or profit is irrelevant.
>>
>>1312416
nothing wrong with NDAs, companies have to have some sort of security

non-competes though, that's a fucking scam
>>
>>1312452
NDA is probably a bit vague to describe what this is, there's all sorts of non-compete stuff and generally very loose phrasing which leaves the door open for them to set the dogs on you if you work for anyone they have even the slightest suspicion of, or use anything that even vaguely resembles things you did there, with pretty much no recourse.

Haven't signed yet, but we're being put under a lot of pressure to do so. Pretty sure if I refuse I'll be fired on the spot, even though my current contract still stands
>>
>>1312452

An NDA after you've been employed there for some time? Could OP's refusal to sign be his ticket out with easy access to Unemployment Benefits?
>>
>>1312452

NDAs are more commonly used to prevent employees from talking to each other and to cover up illegal and unethical practices rather than protecting themselves from competition

I would never sign non compete at all. My gf had to sign one for her job and it basically says she can't work at all for three years for any business or network group in a non disclosed list of competitors.

I doubt it holds any legal weight since it's so vague, but it's just insane how much power they may have over you
>>
>>1312416

Startups cant properly develop in disorganized, kids-managing kids, hackers only env.

You need the big whigs who know how to work the VCs for $$$.

Aren't you getting alot of options if this is a startup? You should be happy these "do nothing" fat cats are getting you millions in funding so you can one day IPO.
>>
>>1312510
I agree with that to an extent, but there needs to be a balance.

They brought in one or two experienced people to be managers who were great at it, and integrated really well. That's what needs to happen.

The rest really didn't fit in at all- the fact that they could basically assassinate two really liked people and that it'd had no effect on the company is pretty telling- people are pretty terrified, it's killed all morale, and will drive out some good people.

>You should be happy these "do nothing" fat cats are getting you millions in funding so you can one day IPO.

We're entirely bootstrapped, no intention of getting VC funding as we generate enough revenue to manage on our own, so they do jack shit on that regard.

>options
A small amount of shit-tier options that are useless for several years even if the company is sold or IPOs, don't think anyone expects to get anything out of them
>>
If you don't have significant ownership then you're a cuck
>>
>>1312416
You were lucky you got to milk the tit of vc and angel investor money. You aren't owed shit welcome to a real job faggot. Get to work or get out
>>
>>1312472
Getting fired really isn't too bad senpai. Depending on where you live, you can get unemployment at least.

I was in a very similar situation with my last company. I quit and wasn't entitled to any unemployment. At the time, I was paranoid about "muh perfect work record," but I sure as hell could've used that unemployment money.
>>
>>1312730
Point is upper management does jack-shit and in many cases such as the one OP mentioned they actually damage the company.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.