[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My younger brother in highschool wants to earn money over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 263x191px
My younger brother in highschool wants to earn money over the summer. He asked me but I'm clueless. Anyways for him to get more than minimum wage or do something more useful for his future? Thanks!
>>
>>1311339
Does he have a pair of kneepads he can borrow from you or a pair of his own?
>>
>>1311342
Please explain this meme to me
>>
>>1311343
Just answer the question

Does he also have any vaporub?
>>
>>1311344
We talking about giving blowjobs??
Im going with no for both lmao
>>
>>1311348
You have to spend money to spend money broseph.
>>
>>1311339
"My younger brother"
>>
>>1311339
A minimum wage job is exactly the type of job you should want for him to get over the summer. It will teach him not only about money, but will teach him some humility as well.

I don't trust people who have never worked a truly shitty, minimum wage job. Everyone should work at least one (and probably JUST one).
>>
I don't know that there are any jobs that are appropriate for a high schooler during the summer that aren't either shitty or minimum-wage, or both. Probably better to create his own business, provided he has the motivation to do so. Mowing lawns takes a little bit of an up-front investment, but it pays well over minimum wage unless there is entirely too much competition.
>>
Is he over 18? Whole foods starts at 11.3 but you need to be 18. They'll give him 25 hours a week to for part time. Just don't say you're just for the summer or offer to work around school (after classes/weekend). That's what I did since I lived next to one.

He could look up IT certs (compTIA, Cisco, microsoft) which one attained can open up doors for higher paying jobs.

Really depends. If he just wants to get a restaurant job, there are probably dozens within biking distance.
>>
shop helper
good place to grow a pair too
>>
>>1311339

Get him into construction. For a kid in high school its good pay, good exercise, and good co-workers. When I was in high school (05-09) friends of mine that got into construction were making $10-$13 an hour.

Additionally he'll come out of it in great shape and hopefully some decent life lessons from the older guys.
>>
>>1313732
He is in decent shape but has 0 experience in construction. You think they will higher him with no experience or skills?
>>
Valet. Fridays/Saturdays are almost always the best. These days It's not that surprising to come home with $300 for 10 hours of total work.

I Valet, that his how much i made for Fridays/Saturdays on average. weekdays and Sunday turns out to $10/hour or less so i don't do that. But $300 for the week is good for me.
>>
>>1311348
>2016
>Not getting ready for competitive pray-off

It's like you don't want to ascend to the Kingdom of Heaven
>>
>>1313734
You think people get into construction with experience?
>>
Does your neighborhood or town have a Facebook group?

Tell him to join the group then advertise labor services for $10 an hour.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2010-03-20-23h47m25s217.png (154KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2010-03-20-23h47m25s217.png
154KB, 512x384px
>>1313732
>some decent life lessons from the older guys
Valuable wisdom from people who do construction as their careers.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.