[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Geology major a good investment? Seems to yield some pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1463574189920.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463574189920.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
Is a Geology major a good investment? Seems to yield some pretty cool career options at least.
>>
Open the newspaper classifieds, look on craigslist, and look on job sites

See how many geologists listings there are
>>
>>1310543
I'm graduating geology next year and prospects are looking pretty grim t.bh anon. Its not as great an investment as it was 5 years ago, but you never know how the market will evolve...
>>
>>1311516
>5 years agO
Can't imagine it was that great of an investment 5 years ago either...lol
>>
>>1311521
Geology was one of the top-paying majors and had among the best employment prospects five years ago.

But ALL of those jobs were in the oil industry, which has now gone bust.
>>
>>1311521
5 years ago, you could go straight into an entry job in O&G with only a bachelors.
In fact, I have a friend that earns 100k+ a year in O&G and he doesnt even have a degree in anything. He just got in at the right time
>>
File: 1448836638609.gif (3MB, 307x182px) Image search: [Google]
1448836638609.gif
3MB, 307x182px
you stupid fucking underage faggot, a degree is not a fucking investment. I just heard the life story of the coloroado governor, he graduated with a degree in geology from wesleyan, do you know how he became rich, he started a brewery, Michael Bloomberg who created bloomberg news got a degree in electrical engineering, steve ballmer got his degree in applied mathematics.

If you want to make serious money hang around smart people who do smart things and have an entrepreneurial spirit.

If you want to be a satisfied wage-slave major in something that interest you and pursue a degree in it. You can even make an urban studies degree work for you. I got a friend with that degree who did no internships and is now an officer in the coast guard, because all you need is a degree and the ability to make it through training.

Major in something you like and you can make it work for you, if you are a dude with a women's studies degree you can get some head of diversity position at some company or even HR.

Major in a field you truly have passion for and satisfies you. That way you will stand above the rests when you seek a job in that field. Plus you can always go into consulting.

Life isn't a JRPG where at 18 years old they ask you what class/occupation you want for the rest of your life. And there is no cheat code where you push some buttons and unlock max stats. You have to work hard, but what makes that work bearable is passion or interest.
>>
>>1311521
Oil hadn't dropped the ball.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.