[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I major in Accounting or Software Development? What one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images-9.jpg (8KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
8KB, 194x260px
Should I major in Accounting or Software Development? What one is a better career choice?
>>
Software development if you want a job, but you can learn any code yourself and freelance if you want. Gotta fight the monkeys from India though.

Accounting is a stable and solid choice I'd say, likelihood of getting a decent job is high, though I think a good dev will probably make more.

The thing is, even though this is probably a lame answer on le /biz/: just pick whatever you like best, both are good choices that put you well above average
>>
Probably not the answer you're looking for but trust me on this. Major in the thing that you like the most.
Accounting is a solid major and will get you a job, so is software engineering.
>>
>>1310105
Literally this.
If you don't like writing code, you are going to fucking HATE software engineering, until you get to management at least. Some times you forget one space or misspell one word and millions of lines of code just stop working and you gotta stay up until it's fixed. However it is a very rewarding job and the industry is massive, you can do whatever you want with it.
>>
Working for one of the big 5 is a guarenteed way to become upper middle to lower upper class. If you do not bring in customers/money to the firm you will never make partner. (Still great experience to become a company controller).

Do not study accounting, get your CPA...
>>
>>1310141

>big 5

Hi, dad
>>
>>1309779

Accounting is fucking gay, don't do that.

t. Accounting dropout
>>
>>1309779
If you haven't started writing code yourself before, you will most probably never enjoy it in your lifetime.
Accounting is pretty solid but if you're good with maths, I'd probably go for economics or finance. Did it myself - now I do benchmarking analyses for transfer pricing at one of the B4 firms and for me it's hard to possibly imagine a better place to start your career.

>t. Law and Finance double major
>>
>>1309779
Double degree/major

(Accounting, Finance, Econ)+(quant degree like soft E, CS, CE, EE etc) = Business world will hire you.

>>1311309
This guy did law and finance which is also a killer combo.

But, if you just want to do the 1 major. Literally do whatever will make you happiest when are employed. Reason being, both of them are secure jobs with good stable pay which will both let you get in to management tier places later in your career.

You can learn SoftE in your spare time, I'm in uni and even in first year I knew a kid that was working 3 days a week at a soft E firm because he had a great portfolio of shit that he made and he knew like 5 programming languages.
>>
>>1310141
>Big 5

You know Arthur Anderson went under with Enron
Nigga it was 15 years ago
>>
>>1309779
Do you want to get rich? Both will give you a stable healthy middle class life as long as you don't fuck up your personal finances. Think of which one would be better for starting a business. You might want to do that town the road
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.