[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw want to work at McKinsey >tfw although pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>tfw want to work at McKinsey
>tfw although pretty good uni grades, secondary school grades are poop
>tfw have done volunteer work, but have no prior work experience
>tfw they probably wont even call me in for an interview

Whelp, I need a plan b guys, the closer I get to
graduation, the less hopeful I am about ending
up at my dream company. What do when you
realize your dreams cannot be?
>>
>>1309139

Get a job as a prison guard.
>>
>>1309139
Secondary school grades as in GCSE's or A-levels?
>>
>>1309173
For us it's the 6 years before uni that constitute secondary school. (It's divided into two parts of 3 years each with their own grades)
>>
>>1309273
Nederland?
>>
>>1309273
Ah sorry mate I thought with your phrasing that you were a bong.
>>
>>1309277
Sweden
>>
>>1309139
>What do when you realize your dreams cannot be?

Is it really your dream to work in fucking management consulting?
>>
>>1309356
>Most CEOs have started their careers at McKinsey.
>There is an internal service that assists you acquire a new CEO role if you've been there long enough when you leave.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>1309356
My dream is to work for a respectable firm to validate my worth and prove that I'm not just a neet loser

Have 2 years left at uni to somehow make myself into someone who could get a job at McKinsey, shit's hard yo
>>
>>1309500

Is your goal to become an executive in a large company or rich?

>>1309510

Do you really want to join McKinsey and waste the most productive years of your life helping mediocre ecommerce business #24281 increase revenue by 0.81% just to prove you're not a neet loser, anon?
>>
>>1309578
What else should I do? I definetly want to be filthy rich when I hit my mid forties, and just investing an average salary doesn't cut it.
>>
>>1309717
Then take risks, start your own company, but whatever you do, don't wring your hands about whether you get into McKinsey or not.

If you're good enough to become a CEO, you'll be able to do it with or without McKinsey. Trust yourself, not some ethereal management development program.

No matter what you do or where you are, you're going to have to demonstrate superior skill and unmatched dedication to be able to reach the C-suite. Grades don't mean shit in the long run; if they don't want you, don't get butthurt about the rejection and give up on your dreams. Get angry, and prove them wrong.
>>
>>1309717

Be around smart people and build interesting things.
>>
>>1309273
Ireland eh? what college course ya doin?
>>
>>1309792
Sweden, but Industrial Engineering (Engineering is a 5 yr program in Sweden), my technical expertise
area (we choose one out of like 40 different available) is computer engineering.
>>
>>1311373
Vart läser du Indek någonstans? Om du har bra betyg och läst på KTH, Chalmers eller Lund så har du ju alla möjligheter i världen.
>>
>>1309754
This right here is great advice.

If you think millionaires gave up after their first rejection or gave up at all they would be were they're at? Fuck no. Everyone wants to be rich but its those that can take the necessary risks/Failures and continue who make it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.