[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi biz, im a 22 year old how's been applying for jobs o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1441995685490.gif (1MB, 275x207px) Image search: [Google]
1441995685490.gif
1MB, 275x207px
hi biz, im a 22 year old how's been applying for jobs online and in person sense i got out of high school 4 years ago and am still unemployed.

I'm thinking about joining the national guard so i can go to college and get a bachelors in mechanical engineering.

is this a good idea? are there any companies that will hire a mechanical engineer without experience? or should i just clutch my rifle, grow potatoes and wait for the coming economic collapse?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-28/fired-hired-how-corporations-rigged-job-market-and-killed-american-dream

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204422404576596630897409182

http://www.eremedia.com/ere/why-you-cant-get-a-job-recruiting-explained-by-the-numbers/
>>
>>1307890
what have you been doing this whole time sense highschool?

>joining the national guard so i can go to college

dont believe the commercial

why don't you go to a trade school and learn something useful like electrician,plumber, HAVC tech, etc?
>>
>>1307890

I have a few questions about the military also better to post here instead of making a new thread.

1. How long do you have to be off anti-depressants before enlisting? I am on zoloft atm and it works pretty well but I heard you have to be 100% off anything to join.

2. What about allergies? Do you just have to deal with them and what if they become life threatening?

I'm in decent shape, fairly smart, but my fucking allergies and ocd fuck me up when it comes to enlisting. Any advice? Do recruiters even care?
>>
>>1307899

>/biz/
>military

go to /k/ or /adv/ anon
>>
>>1307908

The only reason I would join is for the money but you are right memecoiners are no help outside of shilling shit.
>>
>>1307898
my description was rather brief, i did go to a small tech school during the winter of 2014-2015 and learned to weld with stick, mig, and tig and i learned to machine with manual and cnc machines. i also had an under the table job out of high school for 3 months but nothing since.
>>
File: IMG_0356.jpg (824KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
824KB, 2448x3264px
>>1307918
i can also read welding and machining blue prints/diagrams
>>
>>1307922
Try employment as a welder. Where are you located?
>>
>>1307940
colorado ill try not to dox myself any more then that, if i can scratch up a few hundred id move any where within about 150-200 miles.

so i guess another question would be where's the best job market in colorado to take a little less defeatist tone?
>>
>>1307890
>applying for jobs
Found out why you're unemployed
>>
File: 1394072651696.gif (2MB, 340x320px) Image search: [Google]
1394072651696.gif
2MB, 340x320px
>>1307988
do you have any advice? pretty please with a cherry on top
>>
>>1308010
Start asking friends, family and acquaintances. Everyone knows someone. If that fails then you need to pound pavement, go in person to random people's offices. If that failed then you're a failure at life.

Connections are everything, you're just pissing into the wind by sending out resumes online. Worst use of time ever.
>>
Im sorry to kill your dreams but you do not sound smart or amitious enough to finish college. Like the other anons said go to a trade school learn welding jf that is your thing, then learn welding at extreme locations like high up or underwater. You will make plenty more dollaroos than someone with a college degree in psychology.
>>
>>1307890
>I'm thinking about joining the national guard so i can go to college and get a bachelors in mechanical engineering.
>is this a good idea? are there any companies that will hire a mechanical engineer without experience?

There are companies that will hire a person with a BSME without work experience, of course. However, if you have a good GPA from a reasonably well-respected college, you have a pretty good chance of landing an internship while you're still in school.

As for whether it's a good idea or not, I would say it's not a bad idea. There is a genuine dearth of *good* engineering in the U.S. and a lot of the talent is getting ready to retire. If you go down this path, though, be sure you have the aptitude to complete the degree. An engineering degree is one of the more difficult ones to complete.
>>
File: 1420523246528s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1420523246528s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
i appreciate the feed back anons, thanks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.