[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I got an important bussniess meeting in China in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 243x208px
Hey /biz/ I got an important bussniess meeting in China in a few weeks. They expect me to drink a lot when I go out on the town with them if I ordered gin and tonics would I come off too uptight?

What are some good drinks for a semi formal meeting biz and what is your personal drink of choise, the board could use a fun thread once in a while.
>>
semen
>>
>>1299788
Drinking a good whiskey should be fine
>>
johnny walker blue
>>
>>1299788
soju; it's weaker that other liquor, so you can keep your head together, and it is very popular in Asia.

It might be seen as a weak drink, but people will assume you are tying it for the novelty.
>>
>>1299788

Check this and pay attention to luck, luck symbols, chinese are incredibly superstitious

Avoid #4 at all costs, 8, 6 and 9 instead

www.ediplomat.com/np/cultural_etiquette/ce_cn.htm

>>1299889

Soju is awesome, ice cold with a straw but its meant to be with korean barbeque, the lettuce and all, amazing exp and great way to get chicks hammered. Chinese are usually huge whisky/cognac fanatics. Getting wasted is the norm to create bond and assess integrity; OP shouldnt bottleneck reciprocity
>>
if you're in china, you'll be drinking Baijiu at dinner, with red wine also. You'll be forced to drink shot for shot, maybe even more.

drink what they are drinking, then after a while order some good single malt and get them to drink it too. chinese think that glenfiddich is good whisky, so educate them with something better.

don't go near soju, it's unpatriotic. (but not bad tasting)

have a big lunch, you'll need to soak up the baijiu.
>>
Make sure to have a big lunch and something like bread before you go out to soak up all the alcohol. Also, water.
>>
>>1300351
Yeah soak up all the alcohol! Cause that's how it works!
>Fuckin retard business men may make money but they are still retarded
>>
>>1300388
Eating protein and fats slows down the alcohol absorption by quite a bit which can make you less drunk overall.

You will still absorb the same amount of alcohol, just over a longer period of time. Now, because your body starts breaking it down immediately the level of alcohol in your blood will be lower at any given time.
>>
>>1299788
Remember the whole Roger Sterling "drink slow always with ice" advice? Worked for me so far.
>>
>>1300479
>having to clarify what I already knew
>thinking I give a shit
>>
>>1300485
Whiskey; you're america. Drink what they're drinking too.

Buy a bottle or two and practice. :V
>>
If I want to appear like I'm drinking a lot without getting shitfaced, drink a glass of water after each drink.

Or, stick to light beer. Yes, it's a pussy drink, whatever. I'd rather be drinking that all night than frikkin' soju. Christ, the only time I ever truly wanted to die was when hung over from that stuff.
>>
>>1300341
Yeah, order them a round of Kweichow Moutai.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.