[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at giving presentations? I am literally terrible,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 358272.jpg (13KB, 234x204px) Image search: [Google]
358272.jpg
13KB, 234x204px
How do I get better at giving presentations?
I am literally terrible, I trip over my words and cannot engage, anyone else relate?
>>
>>1298348
Use stupid tricks to engage the audience.
>"Everybody stand up"
>"Now shake your neighbor's hands"
>"See how easy it is to make connections?"
>"That ties into the buttplugs I'm selling because..."
It engages people and boosts your confidence when a large group does what you tell them
>>
>>1298348
Join Toastmasters.
>>
>>1298402
>Toastmasters
Is that actually worth it?
>>
>>1298502
Nothing beats doing the real thing for experience.
May as well sperg out in a situation that wont affect your reputation by actually forcing yourself to do public speaking instead hoping for some sick tips of 4chins.
>>
>>1298348
ask your doctor for a prescription of propranolol

>had the same problem during university
>friend gives me some propranolol
>presentation was perfect, no heavy heart beating, no trembling hands, no stuttering
>just talking up there as if I were talking one on one with one of my friends

now it wont make you a super presenter who is charismatic and energetic etc. but it will take away the feelings of anxiety.
>>
I find groups easier than individuals because groups think more "collectively". Its easier to make everyone think the same way. Unlike one-on-one they're observing rather than assessing.

Basically try imagining the group as a single mind rather than individuals. Look behind everyone rather than at anyone. Speak slow and loudly. Walk across the stage and watch their heads follow you. Get a few simple points across, and end a speech gracefully just say "Thank you"
>>
>>1298348
it's probably for school assignements ? what i did to gain experience and confidence is just go stand in front of the mirror, or if you have some close friends that want to help you with it, and just speak about a topic you like. Cars, comic figures, whatever.... this way you get comfortable with speaking to people that don't talk back. it helped me and really gives you the "i can ramble on about anything" vibe.
>>
>>1299053
This

Tell your doctor that your stage fright is ruining your job and thats feeding into the Anxiety worse

Shits amazing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.