[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We discuss tips n' tricks in getting money back. > be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Clinical-Error.png (48KB, 288x192px) Image search: [Google]
Clinical-Error.png
48KB, 288x192px
We discuss tips n' tricks in getting money back.

> be me
> have overdraft fee like a poorfag
> call bank
> rep was hesitant about refunding me $25
> mutter the magical words "i-i-isn't this a clerical error?"
> what do you mean Sir?
> why wasn't the amount taken from my savings?
> why wasnt I informed about my balance being low?
> well sir you should have been informed when signing up over the phone
> well I signed up online
> let me get this approved for you. can you hold for 5 mins?
> yes thank you
> 5 mins later $25 has been refunded

Anyone have similar stories?
>>
>>1297671
Bank fraud is tight. I'm sure this can only turn out well.
>>
>>1297908

Sir. It was for an overdraft fee. Not for a fraudulent transaction. Get with the program.
>>
>>1297671
Typically just going into the branch, cheerfully introducing yourself to a banker or manager and being a generally likeable person, then mentioning "fees" gets them removed with 1 click of the mouse.

Source: worked at a bank
>>
>>1297671
Here's an interesting one I just pulled off
>move out of apartment
>leave country for 4 months
>arrive back, move back into same complex
>go to po box to get the 4 months worth of mail
>expect refund check for initial apartment lease deposit
>instead see invoice for $800
>they took my $300 deposit so I owe $500???
>open next envelope
>debt collection on that $500 since I was out of country and didn't receive invoice until now
>all my what
>phone debt collection agency, immediately settle debt before it impacts credit
>they accept 80% so I only pay $400
>this is where the fun begins
>email apartment complex and contest the fees
>mention "nothing beyond normal wear and tare"
>request invoices of each contractor who apparently conducted $800 in repairs to our apartment
>mention small claims court

Phone call 48hrs later stating I'm being refunded the $800

>because I negotiated with debt collection agency I was out of pocket $700 but I'm refunded $800
>>
>>1297997

With one bank, they won't refund me $40. Even though I was with them for awhile and even had a credit card.
>>
>>1298016

> nothing beyond normal wear and tare

More on this?
>>
>>1298208
>shitty EU flight to Spain with girlfriend
>cost £25 each
>5 fucking hours late, shitty service throughout with only a free sandwich and drink to show for it
>forced to get a taxi from airport to hotel, staff said if we kept the receipt we could get a refund for it
>cost 35 euros
>back in bongistan, write long email airline company for refund of taxi and flights because the service is so shitty (about £80)
>hurr durr we complied with legislation, no refund for you friendo
>back and forth for a few more emails
>nope
>find out online about EU legislation that the airline has to pay you 250 euros EACH if they are 5 hours late
>send standard email straight to the point linking to this law, threaten small claims
>500 euros into account within the week

This airline literally played themselves on this one, i would have been ok with the refund for the shit we had to pay because of them.
>>
>>1298208
Go to a different branch with a different manager. $40 is worth 15 minutes of your time I guess. If second branch won't refund, just give up.

>>1298211
Items in rental have a 'lifespan'. My place charged us for new carpet yet we only lived their for 7 months and it was already approximately 3 years old.

Carpet lifespan depending where you source your information is about 4 years. Hypothetically even if I took a shit on their carpet and used piss to clean it up, since the carpet is already 3 years old I can only be charged about 25% of the replacement cost.

But given its totally acceptable to cause general wear and tear, meaning 'damage caused just by living day by day' (for lack of better words) you can't be charged for what is inevitable. Otherwise landlords would bill you for depreciating their assets.

All we did is simply live in the apartment. There was no visible staining beyond what you'd expect on slightly used carpet.
>>
>get overdraft fee
>pay off the fee
>call them
>ask them to refund it
>they literally always do
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.