[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at Bloomberg's Hong Kong base. Today we received

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 291x173px
I work at Bloomberg's Hong Kong base. Today we received notice that articles on China can no longer be published if it reflects poorly on the Chinese government unless approved by our chief "ethics" editor.

Is Hong Kong dying? Should I try and transfer to Singapore? It seems like the CCP will continue milking this cow while they can, but everyone is jumping ship.

Also is there a way to profit off of HK's fall or is it simply too slow to be worth while?

Thoughts /biz/?
>>
>>1296569
>Thoughts /biz/?
You work for Bloomberg and are complaining that Asian news service is being censored? Are you serious?
>>
>>1296575
Hong Kong is not the same as mainland China. We can publish anything we want legally speaking, it is just that recently the CCP has been denying Bloomberg employees visas to the mainland.
>>
Hong Kong isn't dying, it's in a transition. Last couple years the economy has been based on easy/illegal money investments and China retail sales, now money transactions are getting regulated tighter and our competitive advantage in retail sales has been nulled by the Internet and Chinese are going to Europe to shop with better deals over there.

With regards to freedom, personal freedom of expression in HK is pretty high. Yes, any large scale dis against the mainland publicly is a risk but it happens all the time in Hk, and overall you can basically do and say what you want in HK all the time.

Singapore has a much more coservative culture in general.You can't chew gum, you cant drink after 10pm, and any discussions are superficial and shallow due to the Singaporean preference to shy away from any confrontation or "rocking the boat". So all discussions revolve around food, travel, and shopping. Try to talk about anything with an opinion and you'll be meet with deflection and steered towards talking about food.

In HK, you can have an opinion and openly discuss it with others while they give you their two cents. People in Hk are more than willing to talk about their ideas and feelings openly. The city is more vibrant than Singapore by a mile!

Hk has a better night life, better quality eats, better prospects to make money and build a empire, better outdoor activities, better history, more vibrant culture, and the people in general are more outgoing. Also, if vices are your kinda thing, hookers are legal, drugs are of better quality, and there are way more willing participants. But that stuff is degenerate.

Now is you are a journalist who feels like his freedom of press is being Encroached on, then Asia in general is not your thing.
>>
>>1296686
Also, a lot of HK's success today is tied directly to China's rise in the global economy and political power.

You can't eat your cake and have it too, you gotta take the good with the bad but there's much more good than bad when you have China backing you up.
>>
>>1296686
The Hk economy is down but not out. Nothing goes down forever, so buy low now and sell high later. Property, cars, even businesses can be bought at good value right now.

Lots of money left to be made...
>>
>>1296569

They are slowly diminishing, and soon will become yet another Chinese city. The CCP is busy dismantling the British legacy in the background.

Most HKers are very pessimistic in regard s to the future of the city island. Their rights and freedom are slowly taken away, their communities being overrun by mainlanders.
>>
Go to taiwan
>>
>>1296569

>thinking censorship only applies to china
If not a direct notice they also have "public relations officers" located in every country embassy around the world for every nation, not just China, vetting news release everyday
You sound new to your job and propaganda machine industry. Time to wake up and not be so foolishly oblivious to your work.
>>
>>1296686

wow. You sound exactly like all the Chinese planted propaganda drones working in HK. We usually hear stuff like this parroted & repeated ad nausium around election time.

I can tell the truth in that that most Native HK people have a much more positive view of Singapore, and are very pessimistic about their future living under the Chinese fist.

That's why most of us entrepreneurs looking to start something are looking to Singapore or Malaysia. They might have some social rules, but their business regulations are 100% more transparent and less corrupt than the Chinese.
>>
>>1296857

Agreed. China puts RT news to shame when it comes to relentless propaganda & spin on an international level.
>>
>>1296686
Looks like you have never been to Singapore. As a local, I'll tell you that we love to put down our government. They remain in power only because there is no other better alternative
>>
Yo, I work together with you guys a lot - AIM client opposite to you in Citi/ICBC tower. Which department are you in?
>>
>>1296862
RT is more objective than most of the western media.
>>
>>1296931

Good one, Comrade! Funny joke make much laughter!
>>
>>>>1296858
i see some who think Singapore has a bright future, but not enough to actually move there. Many choose to stay in Hk because it is superior in money making potential and things to do.

maybe some entrepreneurs are looking at Singapore or Malaysia, but the vast majority aren't. To even say Malaysia is comparable or superior to Hk in doing business, and that it's more transparent is a joke. That place is corrupt as shit, a big part to why it's still a shithole.

Singapore and Hk are on par, some things are better in Singapore and some things are better in Hk. Business transparency is pretty much even. But Hk has an relative advantage in its' access to the China market.

My whole point is that OP shouldn't jump ship from Hk just solely on his feeling that "Hk is dying" because that ain't happening. Hk is going through a rough patch, but things are still better than lot of places and there's tons of opportunity still left.

OP is probably a low wage cuck and despises his current situation, and is looking for an excuse to get out of his current predicatment.
>>
>>1296569
>

Nice bait
>>
>>1296858
HK just beat Sing in the competiveness rating by a decent margin.

Nice bait
>>
>>1296931

Quick

Someone remind me what the current year is
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 620x349px
>>1297368
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.