[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else keep living at home once they got a job to save

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Did anyone else keep living at home once they got a job to save up a shit load of money?

I have more than enough to live comfortably now (~950/week starting after tax) but want to save like 100K as fast as possible to invest with.

Is this just me being a manchild who doesn't wanna move out of what? Thoughts?
>>
Yes you are being a manchild.

You will mature so much in your first years if independence.
After a few weeks the idea of going home will feel like hell.
>>
>>1293755

You're not a manchild, you're just being smart in your enviroment, it's not 1970 anymore, in most cities you just wont be able to live by yourself while building a small fortune in you're 20s.

Just domt be a dick, try to cover your (hopefully) moderate expenses and be grateful to your parents (they will be grateful to you in their retirement years).
>>
>>1293755
i did the opposite: i moved out before i got a job
>>
>>1293755
Saved $280k living at home. No fucks given. Any anon who tries to mock you with the "life experience" meme didn't move out of home with $280k to cushion their transition to grownup land

As if life is meant to be hard
>>
>>1293919

"as if life is meant to be hard" philosophical... Always an equilibrium.

>>1293755

Money can you only take you so far and accumulate, it's simply a matter of cycle and experience. Your transition is what counts, you'll always have a parachute to fall back on. You can always set a provision and try living within a budget, it's always a start.
>>
>>1293755
Honestly it'd take you like 2 years to reach your goal and it would enable a lot of opportunities for you that the ignorant wage slave that left their parent's house in the suburbs to share a studio with 2-3 other losers, swimming in small amounts of debt could possibly have. Then again, time is precious and moving out will affect your development. Do you really value the next 2 years of your life and do your parents limit your lifestyle, or possible dreams and aspirations? If not, stay at home.
>>
My father and I don't like each other, otherwise I would be living at home
>>
>>1294992
Are you his wives son?
>>
>>1293755
Do it. Stay and save. But give a little back to your senpai you selfish leech.
>>
>>1294953

That's a meme, bro. I would go without social development and sex for 100K+ savings opportunity.
>>
>>1293919
>$280k

What was your job?
>>
>>1293827
This
>>
>>1295079
>That's a meme, bro. I would go without social development and sex for 100K+ savings opportunity.

What the fuck makes you think you'll save $100k+?

Living expenses are like $15-20k/year usually, you can save and invest the rest. Stop using it as an excuse to be a manchild.

That money will NEVER get you your best years back
>>
Assuming you're saving most of your savings it should only take about 2 years to reach your goal right? I say do it, but I'm doing the same thing you are so I don't know the flip side of things.

Tbh I don't understand why people place so much difficulty on moving out? What the hell do you have to adjust to? Cooking? Cleaning? Paying bills?
>>
>>1293827
This. I move out for a year and half and moved back after 1 year 8 months later. It is hell. Please don't euthanize me though, it can be reversed after you win the fight against the unfathomable depression.
>>
Why not just live at home and fuck your girlfriend in her dorm on the weekends? (That's what I do)
>>
>>1296044
Because living at home in your 20's is still a red flag to most people. It gives off the irresponsible loser who needs to get shit together vibe. Hard to get a girlfriend or even the confidence with that in mind.
>>
in all seriousness, staying at home while working is one of the most straightforward ways to make money.
>>
>>1297033

>giving a shit what people think while you accrue a small fortune

I take it you buy brand name clothing too, right, Chad?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.