[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am I /biz/? >getting degree in 1.5 years, major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (6KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 284x177px
How fucked am I /biz/?

>getting degree in 1.5 years, major in accounting
>want to become CPA
>all the workshop events I've been too say the firms want someone with experience and is outgoing
>only work experience I have is landscaping, pressure washing and soulless retail
>have 0 volunteer experience
>don't have anything interesting about me

Is it going to be impossible to find a firm to take me under their wing?
>>
Accountants are in demand, so you're not fucked. It's a shit job though, is it really worh it to puruse?
>>
>>1291081
I really enjoy accounting so I have no problem pursuing it.
>>
>>1291081
How is it shit?
I'm currently majoring in it but im a freshman so it doesn't matter and I want to switch to MIS as you work usually more than the 40 hr workweek (44-50) which isn't bad, but much better than accounting during high season where you literally only are able to sleep and work which sounds like hell
>>
>We want someone that is outgoing with experience to do basic data entry in a dark cubicle :^)
>>
I'm pissed at my last CPA exam, so I'll tell you guys what was on it.

Regulation
Sims had one research question, one complex question on AMT, one complex question on qualified pensions, one hard question on corporate tax. Might have been one more but I can't remember.

The three multiple choice questions focused on a variety of things but a lot of basis, ethics, and business law. Not much of anything else I studied for. Had some modified prior released questions. They say they throw them away and they lie.
>>
>>1291072
yes. recent accounting grad here. cannot get an entry-level accounting job. cannot even get a simple accounting clerk or AR/AP job through an agency.

please get some experience or get some CPAs in your network.
>>
>>1291268
is it worth it at this point? Public accounting seems like shit and private pays nothing
>>
>>1291199
>Retard thinking companies pay 50k for data entry
>>
>>1291072
I was the same deal OP with a 2.5 GPA!

Granted I went to one of the top 3 accounting programs. My path was a little unorthadox.

Gave the marines a shot out of college but got a bad injury towards the end of training and couldnt finish the program. Still put this on my resume however and this small regional firm ate that up.

They gave me a shot but I just got laid off after 6 months for bullshit reasons. They said they "didnt see enough improvement" but I felt I was learning everyday.

They had me doing audits all on my own as well as tax and trusts. I felt like I could never specialize in one thing. It was good experience I guess. I just hope for my next job they dont notice I was only there for 6 months.

>>1291102
yea its no life status at the major public firms in busy season. I dont get why somebody would do it. I was at 55 and that felt like I could barely have a life.

>>1291270
better than being unemployed I guess. Accounting seems like the one business major that gives you a hard skill for a job. What do the other business majors do? Honestly I wanted the HR job at my accounting job, but Idk how you even get into that.
>>
>>1291591
Finance has maths in it, I consider that a hard skill. 99% of it isn't calculus but its still more math than the average joe
>>
>>1291591
There are other majors though that don't use "hard" skills such as math, but other important skills such as communication or computers and I'm looking into MIS as i'm more focused on the tech part of the business and I have pretty good communication skills so it fits well compared to accounting
>>
File: 1465248575704.jpg (117KB, 527x565px) Image search: [Google]
1465248575704.jpg
117KB, 527x565px
>>1291072
start a landscaping/pressure washing business.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.