[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If my parents have paid their mortgage then what's stopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1436097932336.png (193KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
1436097932336.png
193KB, 500x676px
If my parents have paid their mortgage then what's stopping me from being a NEET / working 15 hours a week for the rest of my life? Is there some sort of property tax that would fuck me up if I inherited the house?
>>
There are a lot of things that can go sideways.

Property taxes, insurance, repairs, health costs, inflation, these are artful risks in an early retirement scenario.

Working may help, but generally part time work pays poorly.

You will always need some income
>>
>>1288474
Artful? Wtf autocorrect.

I wanted to type 'always'
>>
>>1288466
>implying they would let you inherit the house
That house you're living in is their retirement fund. They're counting on selling it to fund a decade of exorbitant cruises, world travel, and otherwise frivolous behavior planned just well enough that they go broke before dying.

Do not believe in inheriting anything. The closest thing you could do would be to make enough money to buy the house directly from them at a reasonable rate with with a mortgage with no interest. They're your parents, but you're still gonna need to butter them up for a couple years before that so they're willing to do it.
>>
>>1288535
Very true, OP is making some serious assumptions. And odds are that the house is the only asset.
>>
>>1288466
>Property taxes
Definitely this.
I pay enough annually to rent a good sized apartment.
>>
>>1288466
Not much, but try to earn $20-25/hr part time. Maybe become a designer or something and reduce hours once you get good at it.
>>
>>1288466
15 hours? Shit man if I could get my NEET brother to do that much work he'd actually be on a good start.
>>
File: desperate times.jpg (28KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
desperate times.jpg
28KB, 450x320px
>>1288535
Hmmm, how can OP remedy this grave thorn in his side?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>1288466
Rent the home out and find a nice, smaller one room apartment to live in.
>>
Yea. Become a neet u lazy fat useless piece of shit. When they die and u have to seek shelter just live under a bridge. Why not?
>>
>>1288466
How much is the house worth? Do you need a house that big? You could sell it and buy a smaller/cheaper house and pocket the difference. If you invest that money, it might cover the taxes and upkeep expenses on your new place.
>>
>>1288466
depends on country, UK there is inheritance tax of 40% on death for amounts over £325,000, probably something similar in USA.
>>
>>1288951
The first $5 million or so (including lifetime gifts) is tax free in the USA.
>>
Rent it out to people (post ads for living space) pretty much like a hotel or an apartment, balance out your expenses. Make sure they have a will written too, I'm pretty sure that's required. Shit i wish i had that opportunity.
>>
>>1288535
I will inherit 100% just lol at you.
>>
>>1289152
You will inherit the wind. And probably die alone.
>>
>>1288951
>UK there is inheritance tax of 40% on death for amounts over £325,000
That's a meme. Smart people inherit a trust, which is taxed much less.

Britain is fucked, but not THAT fucked.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.