[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ I'm 20 y.o., 3rd year of law undergrad, just found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1463470887774.jpg (13KB, 187x255px) Image search: [Google]
1463470887774.jpg
13KB, 187x255px
/biz/ I'm 20 y.o., 3rd year of law undergrad, just found my first internship in a small law firm.

The managing partner told me that I will be one of the courier boys, but ""if I show proficiency"" I might work on cases.

So did he just doomed me to no-pay mailboy job?

Is the first interview supposed to be a ""reality check"" to brush off some people?

pls halp I'm alone in this one
>>
You will never work as a lawyer straight out of uni. You will always be in a weird helper/trainee type position.
Im not 100% but dont you need to work for a law firm (as a helper or someshit) until you pass the legal lawyer exams?
>>
File: biz haircut.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
biz haircut.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>1283612
nah I live in slav country we don't have bar exam here

but do all fresh undergrads do slave unrelated labor??

how much time passes after diploma until u make your first buck?
>>
>>1283625
>but do all fresh undergrads do slave unrelated labor??
yes
>how much time passes after diploma until u make your first buck?
takes a while. law market isn't great for financial gain right now. very oversupplied. lots of "paralegals" making 30 - 50k a year, if even that.
>>
Show that you're worth their effort and everything will come. Thats how you grow your carreer.
>>
>>1283612
Really depends on where you are - the jurisdiction will determine your requirements and what you're able to do What >>1283612
says about helping is correct - its called articling and is a necessary step to becoming a member of the bar.
>>
File: dfw.jpg (342KB, 1838x1209px) Image search: [Google]
dfw.jpg
342KB, 1838x1209px
>>1283645

I'm just quite impressed how tough the interview was. Does it apply to all new people who are straight out of college?

>we won't pay u shit bro u gonna bust yo ass and basically you are fucking stupid

worth mentioning I'm studying in the best uni of my country, like ivy on local scale
>>
File: abraham-lincoln-301.jpg (18KB, 300x372px) Image search: [Google]
abraham-lincoln-301.jpg
18KB, 300x372px
>>1283601
Do more than expected of you.

Find a new client, improve office efficiency, show up early and stay late. Ask if anything needs doing before you leave for the day.

No of the other young shitbirds you'll be competing against will do those things because they want to chase pussy and get drunk.

Pic related.
>>
>>1283601
You're only 20 you fucking demented, self entitled, Amerifat cunt.

Harden the fuck up and actually do some work before you complain.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.