[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got $50k in my checking account (higher interest than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 21146.jpg (89KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
21146.jpg
89KB, 1500x1500px
I've got $50k in my checking account (higher interest than my savings) and I'd like to get a higher yield than just interest.

Is there anything I can do where I have the option to pull out at any point and is also secure.
>>
>>1283425

money market account
>>
>>1283425
Why that much in a checking account?

I understand the S&P 500 has risks. I also understand that past results are no promise of future results. But even in a doomsday type scenario, I can't see it going down more than 30-40%.

Do you already have a lot of money parked in stocks, too?
>>
>>1283430
I just came into it (military fag) for selling my soul for another 2 years.

I make about $2500 a month so I can't afford to lose much of anything because I'm looking for houses soon and would like to slap a fat down payment on it
>>
>>1283430
Oh and my checking account has a .45% APY whereas my savings is like .25 or some shit, just looked I can upgrade my savings account to a "money market savings" and get .5% APY....
>>
>>1283439
Why don't you at least use an online checking account? With ally i get 1.05%, I think others are even higher.

>>1283425
Not everyone has the kind of risk tolerance to lose 40% of there life's savings, especially for short term investments. Although I highly agree with you that some of op money should be put into the market.
>>
>>1284177
dont listen to this retard

you can literally buy govt bonds risk free that will throw off 2.2℅ a year next to 0 fees plus cqpital appreciation/bond price appreciation
>>
I have 30k in my account and just started buying a bunch of stock. CCE right after merger and the big loss. Hoping it goes up.

I figure why let it sit in a fucking account that gets less than 0.05 interest PER YEAR. when you can easily make or lose that in a DAY with stocks.

It's actually pretty stupid to just leave it in the bank. With just a tiny bit of research you can make money from it.

It will fluctuate. You just have to get used to that, but with good stop loss and take profit rules, you can build much more than a measly half a percent a year.

Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>1284182
Hey would you tell me more about these gov't bonds? I've looked at some US Treasury stuff and I have a fair amount in some Vanguard bond index...but always looking for more info. thx anon
>>
What's your time horizon? Put any money you don't need in the next 5 years in Vanguard ETFs.

Put any money you don't need for the next year in Municipal or Government bonds. Check out https://www.treasurydirect.gov .
Also look into CDs.

Move the rest of your money to an online bank like Ally where the savings accounts yield 1%.
>>
>>1284307
And please, for the love of god, take everything out of the Vanguard bond index. In a rising interest rate environment you probably will under-perform inflation. Please put them in a vanguard S&P 500 or Total Market stock ETF.
>>
>>1283436
>I make about $2500 a month so I can't afford to lose much of anything
That's all the military pays? Thats garbage.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.