[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So as a person who has never had a credit card before, what would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: hgjghjyj.jpg (39KB, 470x314px) Image search: [Google]
hgjghjyj.jpg
39KB, 470x314px
So as a person who has never had a credit card before, what would be the best card to start out with? It'll most likely end up being a secured card.
>>
get a credit card and use it to buy an ethereum debit card.

https://www.coinizy.com/
>>
>>1278327
the only credit card i'm interested in is one with great cashback.
>>
File: Decent Credit Bread.png (1MB, 1868x3320px) Image search: [Google]
Decent Credit Bread.png
1MB, 1868x3320px
>>
>>1278458
dat shitty pic kills every thread it's posted in
>>
>>1278792
Why is it shitty?
>>
File: merchantdetected.jpg (14KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
merchantdetected.jpg
14KB, 300x295px
It doesn't matter which credit card you own, you stupid goyim. Credit Card companies are a Judean Oligarch scam.
>>
Reviving this thread with another question about credit cards. Would it harm my credit much to cancel one card at the same time that I am got another, out of desire to get one more useful? I am looking at canceling my Paypal MC, and getting either the Chase Freedom Unlimited or Citi Double Cash (anybody have experience with those?).
>>
>>1278878
because it's hard to digest or even follow and basically provides zero valuable information to most people around the globe.
>>
>>1280259
>>1278458

Hmmm. This at least answers part of my question by putting Double Cash ahead of Chase Freedom.
>>
>>1278327
I arrived in USA a couple of years ago so I was 30 y/o with no credit history whatsoever.

I wired $35,000 to Chase and informally spoke to them in a branch about getting a CC as I knew I needed to establish credit to survive in this fucking country. They suggested I wait a few months and with my balance I might be approached with an offer.

I waited about 3 months and no offers so I said fuck it and applied online for the Chase Freedom. I got a "hmmm maybe" response immediately online and was given a number to call. During the call I got the sense that they just didn't know where I had come from - in the sense that I'm a guy with no credit with $35,000 in their bank and no work history - so I explained all my shit and they approved an $800 CC.

Better than a secured card, I figured, and I'm not poor so I didn't need a CC to pay my bills so it is what it is.

After about 5 months owning it I went into a branch and complained that my $800 CC is not usable as it's such a low limit and they phoned up their credit division and asked how much I wanted.

I didn't want to push my luck so I said $2,000 and they agreed. Unknown to me, I think they actually did a 'hard pull' to make that decision as I later went to read about Chase CC's and apparently they're one of the few who do hard pulls unless you are 'pre-qualified'.

On the 1 year anniversary of owning this CC they doubled my limit to $4k which is where it's at now.
>>
>>1278327
The best option in my opinion is to get me refer you for a Discover card so we can each get fifty dollars
>>
>>1278327
>get my first credit card
>want to pay a bill with it
>"We're sorry, we no longer accept credit card payments. You can mail a cash payment to us which will take 4-6 weeks to process. Make sure you pay your bill on time, though."
>>
>>1278327

> first credit card
> a secured card

I bet you believe them when they say "you need 28% Apr on your car to build credit".

Kek
>>
So what would you recommend for a card that would only be used to purchase gas? I've seen a few with gas rewards around.
>>
File: 1437030230826.jpg (39KB, 722x612px) Image search: [Google]
1437030230826.jpg
39KB, 722x612px
>>1280724
Discover or freedom for 5% back but its only for three months, and what sucks is that sometimes it's in the same quarter so if you have both cards it's one or the other.
Amex BCP for 3% back all year round plus 6% back in groceries but it has a 75$ annual fee.
BOA Cash Rewards
3% back in gas and 2% back in groceries, no annual fee

Only ones I can think of off the top of my head
>>
>>1281088
"what sucks"
It's quite literally the difference between $5 cash back and $25 cash back
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.