[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a job with one of the big 4 accounting firms. Any big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_31375-UR1AWlY-1175355093.jpg (10KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31375-UR1AWlY-1175355093.jpg
10KB, 441x408px
Just got a job with one of the big 4 accounting firms. Any big 4 bros out there? What am I in for?
>>
>>1277255
75 hour work week is getting a day off
Ass kissing
Trying to do everyone elses job on top of yours lest you become redundant for not being productive enough
Insider info
>>
>>1277255
Suffering.
>>
>>1277396
>>1277400
Not the best recommendations.
Would you say it is worth it? Even simply for resume boosting?
>>
>>1277255
Internship? New staff don't usually start until the end of summer.

Summer is boring as hell but you will work normal hours unless you get picked up on a client with an odd year end. If you are entry level there likely won't be much work for you so you may end up unassigned or getting sent for coffee. Typical summer work is benefit plan audits and internal controls.

January through Aprilish you will work long hours, dinner at your desk, working on Saturdays but that's when you do the more meaningful interesting work. Being new means you will often be talked with the more mindless simple tasks. You may end up making copies for other people or writing the same note over and over on a bunch of different testing samples. I was once emailed 7 word docs and asked to PDF and send them back. Often you will just copy the prior year work with current year numbers. A lot of your experience will depend on the teams you are assigned to.

This all applies to audit btw. I've worked at a big 4 for about two years now.
>>
>>1277422
I say it definitely is worth it.
>>
What is the point of these firms?
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 640x1136px
>>1277779
To check things, to send people to check things and suggest improvements, to check tax has been paid, to go to businesses and check them, to check stock levels

Just generally checking things without adding any value
>>
>>1277396
>75h work week
Try an actual finance job. Most big4 jobs aren't nearly as bad as people make them sound. Busy season is just for 2-3 months and you get tons of benefits and vacation. Sure, the work sucks but it's account, what the hell did you expect?
>>
>>1277779
Big 4 ensures that companies financial statements are 'accurate'. They probably audit at least 50% of the NYSE.

>>1278627
The trust that they give investors in companies is huge. There's a reason companies can trade for multiples of earnings. Look up local individual business and what they sell for. Usually just one year of cash flow.
>>
>>1278636
*Accounting
>>
>>1277255
I'm starting a consulting/advisory internship with EY in a few weeks, I'll let you know then.

Also none of the information you find on here will be even remotely factual because only 2% of people posting on this board have ever had a job in their life.
>>
>>1278641
>The trust that they give investors is huge
Is that what they tell you guys? Pretty much none of the big accounting scandals in the last 20 years was uncovered by the firm's auditors. Serious investors know that at the end of the day, the auditor will sign everything and is just something that is required to comply with the SEC. Nobody actually believes that audited financials are somehow safer these days.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 403x403px
>>1278641
No it isn't go push some paper you paper pushing audit robot
>>
>>1278656
>>1278665

Next time someone gets a qualified report, make sure to buy a bunch of their shares.
>>
>>1278720
Tell me which one of the big accounting scandals im recent history was uncovered by an auditor?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.