[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CCG/ - CryptoCurrencies General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 21

Discuss Bitcoin, Ethereum, Lisk, DAO, RISE, Trump etc. here.

Questions, newcomers welcome, but don't expect to be spoonfed, a kind anon might help you, but you are capable of doing your own research.
Recent Headlines:

President of Coinbase Fred Ehrsam on why Ethereum represents the future of crypto
https://medium.com/the-coinbase-blog/ethereum-is-the-forefront-of-digital-currency-5300298f6c75#.yo90er98q

Bitcoin Prices Break $500 Barrier to Hit 20-Month High
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-500-20-month/

Researchers Find Security Flaws in DAO Ethereum VC Fund on the Eve of Its Launch
http://news.softpedia.com/news/researchers-find-security-flaws-in-dao-ethereum-vc-fund-on-the-eve-of-its-launch-504615.shtml

Was Ether's Loss Bitcoin's Gain? Traders Wonder After Wild Week
http://www.coindesk.com/was-ethers-loss-bitcoins-gain/
>>
Answer me this /biz/

Why is Bitcoin controlled by the Chinese? Why are so few Europeans and Americans not interested? Bitcoin's price fluctuations are 99% dependent on the Chinese exchanges. The recent surge can be attributed to Chinese fleeing the yuan. Most miners are Chinese. They control it. What does this even mean for Bitcoin's future?
>>
Has Kraken improved since March? Like with the down time and shadyness, I'm thinking about switching to Kraken from Poloniex. Thoughts?
>>
>>1275529
Only TRUMP has any potential for explosive growth as far as I can see. The rest are already way overvalued.
>>
>>1275546

Don't know, the US is also pretty big but why the rest of the world is just resting on their laurels? No fucking clue.
>>
>>1275561

Always had great experience with Kraken, even two years ago. But yes they've improved dramatically.

I would stay away for one reason anon: they don't carry Trumpcoin.

Now I may be a more fickle investor than yourself, but that to me, is a deal-breaker.

I don't know if you've heard the news on the rumour mill, but allegedly, Trumpcoin is anticipated to hit 7000 satoshis this coming Friday. This is all speculation of course, but still a nice profit to be made.
>>
I want to jump into cryptocurrencies. I'm pretty sure I'm too late on the bitcoin bandwagon.What are some alt memecoins that I should invest in?
>>
>>1275686

buy trump and the inevitable waves dip after ico launches.
>>
So many people love this game of musical chairs.

This has the potential to burn everyone that buys in. The only guaranteed winners are those who create the currency and hold most of the reserves. Even if it tanks they make money as long s the price is over Zero... But buying into these is lunacy.
It's completely unregulated and major governments could easily outlaw the technology due to it being unregulated.
You also can't actually use Bitcoin for anything, websites that take bitcoin are really only letting you convert them to currency via a 3rd party.
>>
>>1275708
>This has the potential to burn everyone that buys in. The only guaranteed winners are those who create the currency and hold most of the reserves.

If you want a guarantee of winning go take your ass to Dave Ramsey and put your money in a savings bond and wait 50 years. Potential to burn or reward is what the market is. If you aren't willing to take a risk don't play the game. Also not all sites convert BTC to USD. TOR markets don't convert and they sell millions of dollars worth of product. The very fact that BTC has a value of $500+ currently is amazing seeing it started out as worth nothing and just an idea. You seem to be stuck in the past and haven't read very much on the subject. Please educate yourself Grandpa.
>>
>>1275725
Okay, you're a cock.

There is a difference between investing in something that has intrinsic value like a company and a fabricated currency that has no value outside of what someone attributes to it.

How can you calculate a P/E ratio on crypto currency? There isn't one.
It's not even like Forex as that is a commodity that is traded for reasons other than speculation.

What percentage of all crypto currency transactions are people buying and selling them for profit compared with using them for transactions?
>>
What about Apple Shares /biz?
after their profit report many big investors backed out yet now their back on an upwards trend which was inevitable, should anon buy now and sell when it bounces back to 110?
>>
>>1275740
What's your appetite for risk?
At 11.17 it's a decent P/E ratio but it will depend on how their 4th quarter sales go.
>>
>>1275731
In the case of Ethereum, LISK, DAO and RISE, people are investing because they see the technology has amazing potential for practical use in the future. If an investor thinks the technology will grow and be worth more in the future because of the success of one of these platforms, then they invest. When the technology grows up it will certainly be used for transactions, I can guarantee this will happen for Ethereum as it actually already exists to a small degree. If a crypto doesn't offer a practical use or solve a problem then your argument is valid.
>>
>>1275744
well I'm sat pretty with high risk/high reward I'm only a Uni student so i can risk funds for now.
The only risk I'm worried about is the reaction from the market when they release new products.
>>
>>1275747
This is the thing though, it's all "potential" and it has no government regulation.
It's like investing in a Pharma start up with a great idea and no FDA approval, it could be huge or a total bust...
There is no floor here, if these currencies go bad, they go to zero.
>>
If you have no DAO tokens I feel bad for you. Slock is gonna get funded and change everything.
>>
>>1275752
You make a valid point, but without government regulation, does that mean you can avoid putting bitcoin selling in your income tax?
Just curious, Australia Tax Laws are so cruel
>>
>>1275751
Well, what you need to think about it that the shares are priced correctly at the moment, this means that for the performance of the company the price of the shares is reflective.

For the share price to improve, the company has to perform better, so it is speculation.
Historically the share market trends upwards in the long term, but you're not getting a bargain here.

Personally I am looking at resource stocks that have been hammered down with the market unjustly, if you have a share price that represents a total company value of say 900 million, but the assets could be sold tomorrow for 2 billion and their cash flow is solid, then that's a great investment.

I approach investing like I was buying the business outright.
>>
>>1275756
I literally can't deny or improve that theorem i suppose ill just have to rely on speculation for this risk and see if it pays off.
If not i suppose i just won't sell the stock for a while and sit on it until I can see them to break even or make a profit.
them dividends though
>>
>>1275696
Call me an idiot but ico is Lisk right? And I'd assume the best course of action would be to convert to bitcoins, or would it be better to wait for Trump to win the election in November.
>>
>>1275765
>
I'm with you man, I'm trying to figure out what risk is right now, I'm newbie here
>>
File: sia.png (117KB, 578x400px) Image search: [Google]
sia.png
117KB, 578x400px
friendly reminder that Siacoin v1.0 is being released on June 7th. Buy now during the dip. The last release had a 110% pump leading up to it.
>>
>>1275768
here's what you need to know:

waves, eth, btc, trump = good
risk, dao, lisk, random bs = bad

waves will probably drop heavy on launch of the ico though, so buy it on the dip instead of now. most short term potential of your options is TRUMP, most long term potential is waves.
>>
>>1275793
But how are risk and lisk bad though?
That's in two days though right? What do you reckon the price of waves would be once it drops?
>>
File: 1457166229396.gif (2MB, 514x205px) Image search: [Google]
1457166229396.gif
2MB, 514x205px
>you will never trade cryptocurrency ETN options
>>
>>1275753
Meanwhile DAO is the only token dips below its initial price
>>
>>1275546
Answer is simple.

Conventional thinking bundles with risk.

No economist wants to look like an idiot if it plummets to 100.

>if
>>
>>1275708
>>1275725
okay read me this -
what if, some compy-wiz kid found a way to regulate digital currencies. what if, we could tell the world govt. that they could keep a tab on the currency.
would the crypto's still be as enticing as they are now?
with official acceptance, will they become more expensive or fizzle out and die?
>>
>>1275898
it would certainly make the marketplace more efficient, though, i would imagine that would entail a cheaper price, since the lucrativeness of the coins and their anti-govt feel would be wiped out when govts adopt them and interbanks start negotiating for very cheap
>>
>>1275793
i've read about Waves and will put in a small amount to the ICO tomorrow.

you say buy in the dip after release, why don't you think there will be a pump after the launch from ICO price?
Why do you think Waves has the long term potential?

like i say, i have read about it, i would just like to hear another opinion.
>>
>>1275708
>major governments could easily outlaw the technology due to it being unregulated.

We do you need the governments approval for me to send you money ? That's the whole point of Bitcoin ,no banks or governments are needed to exchange money.
>>
>>1276072
don't be a retard government control the internet easily. they can outlaw any protocol they want especially a childs play if it's open. once bitcoin protocol is hindered (along with tor) the internet virtually breaks up for bitcoin clients and that means multiple competing ledgers and it all goes to shit.

not saying this would happen but it easily can all a matter of legislation.

it has been proven that governments can force isp-s to do crazy filtering shit if they want to.

of course there are countermeasures but again it requires a consensus to change protocol and countermeasures come faster than changes in bitcoin protocol (which is awfully slow to be honest).

to no bitcoin is not safe from governments that want it gone but i think most see it as a useful thing to hide/carry their own black founding ops deniably and freely and conveniently. so they find bitcoin to be useful just as tor is useful for field agents.
>>
THfVvc42tmZeLbKqZrBPXyoEjFcnT4WJPd
Can someone donate me with Trump?
I would appreciate it .
>>
>>1276079

>Trump becomes president
>Bitcoin banned

I-i-if only there was cryptocoin Trump wouldn't ban....
>>
Riddle me this: will TRUMPS grow in price at all? I've suffered 3x losses since I bought them in V1 state.
>>
>>1276222
there's going to be a lot of pump and dump in the next 4 months, but the real super-pump will come in october. the closer we are to the election, the higher the price goes.
just before election day, you will see a lot of panic'd dumping.
When trump becomes POTUS, the price goes FTL, and dumpers will cry like babies, while we wonder how many bitcoins a trumpcoin will give us and whether veneno is a good car to buy or whether buying an island in today's unpredictable climate is a good decision?
>>
>>1276222
They have potential to skyrocket.

I would hold so you don't feel stupid twice. Last of the meme coins.
>>
>>1276361

Yeah, day trading USD/BTC/ETH in Trumpcoin. Every day.
>>
Why did they change PEPE to MEMETIC, worst move ever... PEPE wouldve been a hit through 4chan like doge through reddit, MEMETIC just sounds awful...
>>
>>1276366

>Tfw when you know at some point Reddit will find out about Trumpcoin

Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
what happened to ripple guys
>>
>>1276361
>Why is this making me horny?

Ripple vs Stellar vs Trumpcoin
=
Shit vs Turd vs Allah
>>
>>1276387
It is dying, Ripple wanted banks but banks want their own shit.

Now Ripple is shit as shit
>>
>>1265161

>not shorting str for free money
>>
>>1276296
What is trump potential pending a potus victory? Defeat? I'm very new to the concept and realm of cryptocurrencies, however,I'm trying to get as much information as I can.
>>
>>1276426
when the coin starts truly being marketed toward normies $1m is not farfetched amount of money that will be brought in over a small period. Currently if you wanted to invest like 5k into this slowly over a week+ you'd alone push the price to double what it is now.

At this point in time there hasn't even been made an attempt to bring in money from outside the crypto community and in general the crypto community hates D. Trump. Buying trump now is by far the best investment you could ever make as it's so underpriced it's insane
>>
>>1276387
I think some positive movements will happen in the future... Santander invested multiple millions and R3 is also working with them. Still high up in market cap without much promo in the normal crypto channels.
>>
I'm looking to invest some of my savings in Ethereum.

I have 4 R9 390's on my way, but also looking to convert some of my btc.

I'll buy 10 times the ether i get to this address

0x8034ADe1D2910a84e01D852337D5f8691545C3a1
>>
Just placed an order for 1238 TRUMP, who else on the Trump train to quick riches?
>>
Okay im lost here

Created a youbit account to get started, and yet i dont know how to do this

Can someone walk me through this? do i have to link a wallet to the site?
>>
>>1276567
i have some odd fractions of btc in different exchanges used for trading in other coins. i've transferred them to you bit and will put them into it. i'll just let it ride until the fall and maybe make a few bucks. if not, nothing lost really.
>>
File: ip.bitcointalk.org.png (394KB, 863x622px) Image search: [Google]
ip.bitcointalk.org.png
394KB, 863x622px
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391598.msg15021998#msg15021998

SOON
>>
>>1276574
go to Wallet tab.
you'll see withdraw and deposit tabs.
just click around man. you'll figure it out.
yobit is actually easier to use.
>>
>>1276574
the exchange uses its own wallet from every crypto it offers. Deposit money into your exchange wallet(s) to start trading with it.
>>
>>1276475

>This guy.

>This guy gets it.

We're getting rich of memes anons, get on board or get out the fucking way!

Trumpcoin 7k Friday = Confirmed

Trumpcoin = 1USD = CONFIRMED.
>>
>>1276602

>Name changed from PEPE to MEMETIC
>MEMETIC

>1bn potential mktcap to 10 USD mktcap overnight

Memetic is dead on arrival anon.

Get trump or stay poor.
>>
>>1276676
>no one has thought of making a Lord Kek coin
we are all going to die poor
>>
>>1275546
>China is one person
>>
>>1275800

look there is a finite amount of money in crypto. Not everything can be successful. Eth would've rolled over and died if Microsoft didn't back them back in desember. Because of that backing eth ended up making people rich.

A success needs a certain amount of luck and a certain amount of skill. Lisk/DAO/risk has a following because people are jumping from ico to ico looking to cash in on launch $$ and the new eth. The amount of real belief that they will be successful long term is way smaller than you might think. Even eth would've died without back in desember without luck, lisk/risk is not better than eth. The money will dissapear to new ico's, development will hit problems and the price will fall. Then they need a miracle to stay afloat.

Stay away from those, they are most likely bad in the long term. Waves is the most likely to be the new eth, in my eyes it's gonna be top 3 market cap in cryptos within 16 months. Still that said, even waves can roll over and die, nothing is for sure. Problems can arise and people can lose faith.

>>1276060
Sasha has actually come out and said they'll use development funds to put up a buy wall at launch. I am much more uncertain about the dip now than I was when i made that post. If you believe in waves you could buy now without a problem, I see a skyrocket launch as impossible for the coin though so you're not losing anything by waiting either.
>>
>>1276692

>Trying to make money on ICOs
> thisweekofthismonth.jpg

Only trumpcoins can make us all millionaires senpai.
>>
>>1276692
>I see a skyrocket launch as impossible for the coin though so you're not losing anything by waiting either.
if you are right then i bet wave will have a long life,
>>
>>1276475
>>1276671
So, say we get /r/The_Donald on board with this raise money for Trump idea with Trumpcoin. You're saying if it catches on it's just that easy to push the price of TRUMP up up up? All we have to do is tell enthusiastic trump people about it, and watch it soar.
>>
>>1276737

Yes but timing is key anon, you can only expose it once. First impressions matter. We have to get it up to 25ksat MINIMUM. If you learn one thing from jews, learn this: hold hold hold like your lizard hands depend on it.
>>
>>1276754
So does that mean I should buy in intervals over time to help it rise, rather than buying all in one larger buy?
>>
That dubai coin though
>>
>>1276810

>Buy high
>Sell low

It's the /biz/ way!
>>
>>1276079
The US government would have to rip the 1st Amendment to shreds in order to restrict internet use. It isn't happening any time in the next 50 years.
>>
File: 1391882482920.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1391882482920.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
Been a while since i checked on crypto

what's dogecoin status ?
Bitcoin seems to be going up lately why ?

>to the moon
>>
>>1276806

If you really want to help raise prise put in buy orders. If you get some buy orders at say 3900 someone puts put a buy order at 4K to beat you. As this repeats you build a "dump wall" that keeps FUD and shills from dumping the prices. At one point you COULD NOT GET trumpcoins to go below 5k sat. Like someone tried selling 4k trump but the 5200 price held, until eventually some Hill-bot or LSK shill dumped 10k of coins at half price to destroy the buy wall. So yeah. Build a wall!
>>
>>1276754
Well not just that but by keeping the price low you can stock up on more, sell more on the way up, and have more to sell at top. Higher margins, and less risk. (not afraid to sell to cover initial cost)
>>
Anyone know much about RISE? Seems just like a LSK clone, and Alty being there doesn't really help.
>>
File: 0023 - 8oSFC3e.jpg (39KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
0023 - 8oSFC3e.jpg
39KB, 420x420px
>>1276676

I'll be rich, you won't
>>
>>1276888
>Bitcoin seems to be going up lately why ?

The halving happens in early July. People are buying in for the hype gains and as the halving approaches they'll start to dump hard. Nobody believes in BTC longterm, so it'll probably drop to about $200 by the end of the year.

Look for ETH to take a lot of that money coming out of BTC. ETH will be $75 by year's end.
>>
File: 1460830618812.jpg (99KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1460830618812.jpg
99KB, 612x612px
>>1276810
thats how saudis going to sponsor terror attacks across the world now
>>
>>1277261
All those things money can buy
>>
>mfw i sold at the beggining of the rise
>mfw could have $500+ and got $70
>>
what's the opinion here on decred?

also, where do people buy their bitcoins? There are so many exchanges around these days it's hard to evaluate which is best
>>
>>1277252
>Nobody believes in BTC longterm

where the fuck do you retards come up with your stupid bs? how would you know if nobody believed in btc long term you mong.
>>
>>1275529
Best exchange for anonymity and privacy? A few years back I was using btc-e. Are they still good? Any better exchanges?
>>
im fully sold with cryptos, i think they are the future. I have a modest amount of my funds in BTC, however, my main fear is the governments clamping down on them.

doesnt take much for governments to pressure banks to ban dealing with BTC exchanges. Then what am i gonna do and buy with my valuable coins with no way of converting it into cuck currency? Some countries have already made steps to make sure BTC never gains a foot hold.

Yeah its not gonna happen anytime soon, but just a hypothetical scenario.
>>
>>1277971
Also what exchange for alts?
>>
>>1277995
Idk, being made illegal could be the best thing to happen to crypto, the price of heroin mooned when it was outlawed. And it would probably be about as enforceable as pirating music.
>>
>>1277900
Coinbase when it's not being a piece of shit. Otherwise cex.io is faster and easier to deal with.
>>
>>1275546
Chinese are motivated to liquidate RMB-based assets, and they're not "allowed" to exchange more than ~$50k USD per year out of RMB; they can buy BTC more easily than they can exchange currencies, and as a result, you're seeing BTC used as a money laundering/currency extradition method for middle-class and wealthy Chinese.
>>
>>1275755
if you realize those gains through a traditional taxable method (i.e. you cash out your BTC gains for USD and transfer those gains from your exchange account into a bank account), then you'd probably be in trouble if you got audited and didn't report it.

If you cash out those gains through some other method (localbitcoins, etc.), there's no paper trail, and as a result, nothing to worry about from a financial tracking perspective (unless your wallet account is somehow linked to your legal personhood).
>>
File: maslows_hierarchy.png (56KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
maslows_hierarchy.png
56KB, 480x360px
>>1277701
you wish you could you clueless cocksucker
>>
Eth looks primed for the next bounce above $16

$20 - $22 incoming
>>
>>1278670
i'm missing the top of that pyramid.
and i don't know how to get there as long as i have a job.
>>
>>1278009
c-cex
>>
>>1278009
i use yobit.net
>>
how do you see what percentage of a total cryptocurrency that you own? I was able to see this once.
>>
What up with that waves friends?

Shit hitting exchanges tomorrow right?
>>
>>1275529

Get your stash of TRUMP before Friday.

You've been warned.
>>
>>1279192
i don't think it hit exchange until like half a month from now right ?
>>
>>1278752
right type of books is the answer you looking for.
>>
I'm a poor, noob in Crypto-wiorld [inb4 i'm young so please don't deride me for missing the 2010 bitcoin-boat], but i want to get on the boat somehow. even the 3rd tier will do. [maybe i'll find my kate winslet from 1st tier and have some fun as well.]
My question is -
How do i get some btc? From where?
Faucets are a very slow pain in the ass. But are their other options? May be watching videos will give me more than 100 satoshis every hour? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I do wish i was born to rich parents.

>almost tempted to post my wallet address here and beg for free money.
>nah, i'm better than that, i'm not a bernie supporter.
Give me work, i'll earn the money myself with my hard word.
>>
>>1279322
earn your own money you little shit
>>
>>1279324
>didn't read the last line.
>implying wasting your time solving captchas isn't working hard [it isn't working smart, but it sure as hell is hard-hectic]
>implying you can't make money watching ads and videos online.
i just want someone to give me a link or 2.
>>
>>1279322
can you code ? if yes - contact me.
if not - you can make silly videos and sell them for btc on popchest or you can use openbazaar and provide services/sell your shit.
>>
>>1279337
>code
well, pajeet level, sure.
May be a little better. Sure as hell know how to find and get rid of bugs in an IDE.

here's my fake email - [email protected]
send me piece of code [c, c++, java], tell me what to do with it and give me a time frame, and when i send it back to you [ I promise to send it before time ends] you can see for yourself if i'm worth your while. or you wasted a couple of minutes going over a piece of shit pajeet-tier coding attempt. i'll even apologize for that if you ask.
>inb4 give me your best fizz buzz attempt.

>popchest
>openbazaar
thanks, i'll check them out right now.
>>
File: maid bubble.png (86KB, 1774x850px) Image search: [Google]
maid bubble.png
86KB, 1774x850px
Maid is crashing. Will it go lower?

>>1275776
Sia's is at its all time high right now. It's great.
I'm holding 88 million sia.
>>
>>1279322
This board +18 faggot, once you have disposable income when you can try imitate Wolf of crypto
>>
>>1279322
Get a loan, invest in sia.
>>
>>1279319
if i had time to read books man
and the energy
>>
>>1276376
There's already a Trumpcoin subreddit. It's just nobody has paid enough plebbit gold to get it upvoted to the front page, or however the fuck reddit works.
>>
>>1277900
>>1278030
>also, where do people buy their bitcoins?
Anyone know where the best place to buy is if you're not dealing in US Dollars (say, for example, GBP)?
>>
>>1275898
>what if, some compy-wiz kid found a way to regulate digital currencies
Thank you for showcasing your ignorance so early in the post so I wouldn't bother reading the rest
>>
Waves ico is over
>>
where do i sell like 0.5 btc for eur and how much are they going to charge for it?

virwox or btc-e?
>>
File: 1464538091439.jpg (16KB, 480x444px) Image search: [Google]
1464538091439.jpg
16KB, 480x444px
>>1279517
yea get on sia and lose all your fucking money
> fuck you
>>
>>1277252
>ETH will be $75 by year's end.
That would be really fucking sweet.
>>
>>1279685
i buy at a local atm in local currency.
look up bitcoin atms in your area.
>>
>>1275529
A couple of questions.

How to attain ethereum?
Once I have it how do I sell it and will there be buyerst?
Or do I have to convert it to another coin to make it liquid?
>>
>>1280168
Dude, I have 88 million sia right now, worth at 53 btc. Sia is the only coin that will go places.
>>
>>1280263

Go to kraken.com

Make an account, verify it and transfer funds

Buy Eth.
>>
>>1280485
>88 million sia
well duh
i have 200 trillion zaps
>>
All over this site I keep seeing that TrumpCoin is going to jump to 7k on Friday, but no explanation as to why. Can anyone say WHY its going to jump?
>>
shorting STR
>>
>>1280622
No idea.
>>
>>1280256
thanks, but unfortunately there aren't any bitcoin atms particularly near me

any other Brits around here? where do you get your bitcoin?
>>
>>1280574
Whatever. I told you how to get rich and you don't care.
>>
>>1280733
Whats the code for Sia? its not showing up on yobit
>>
File: rise.jpg (380KB, 1000x2252px) Image search: [Google]
rise.jpg
380KB, 1000x2252px
>>1276930
it wants to be better than LISK
>>
>>1275546
Cheap electricity and the technology is cheaper there
>>
>>1279489
jesus fuck, thats 55 bitcoins lol. Why don't you sell?
>>
>>1280743
It's siacoin. SC
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/

>>1280886
It might go higher.
>>
The chinese are very interested in sia. Funny story too. The lead coders of sia never approached yunbi, they came to them. Sia apparently has a chinese following that no one really knew.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1483114.0
>>
>>1275546
>>1280878
exactly. create the network until we are ready to leverage the blockchain for our everday transactions.
>>
>that coinbase cocksucker shilling for etherium

You know there's kike bankers and eth shills paying him off to say that bullshit

Eth is a pump and dump scamcoin. Like every crypto not named bitcoin
>>
>>1280961
lol nocoiners on suicide watch
>>
>>1277252
ETH market cap ~1.1b
BTC market cap ~6.4b
1 ETH = 13.68 USD
1 BTC = 538.68 USD
if the number of ETH remained the same, their market value could only go up 5.81 * before their market cap matched that of current BTC which I doubt will happen in the 16 months unless BTC rolled over. That doesn't even account for new ETH coins entering the market
>>
File: 1440552073138.gif (630KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1440552073138.gif
630KB, 200x200px
Is it still worthwhile to mine Ethereum?

Calculator says make 17 coins a day at 1800MH/s with my card.

https://cryptojunction.com/mining-hardware/msi-980ti-blake256/

Iv'e been out of the loop since the Dogecoin failure.
>>
>>1282145
if you can make 17 ETH a day I'll eat my hat.
>>
File: 1375644289368.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1375644289368.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
I'm thinking about having some savings that isn't USD or sitting in a bank somewhere. I don't know about buying gold or silver, that could get stolen. Are cryptocurrencies a good backup or savings option? I was looking at cryptopay and it seemed alright, but I know very little about this stuff. I can understand the technology behind it but the economic workings are just way out of my league
>>
>>1282145
Check out cloud mining, I myself am personally invested. But if you can truly mine 17 eth a day, fuck it do that, or both.

https://www.genesis-mining.com/a/330249
>>
>>1282496
>cloud mining
i've been googling about it, there's a lot of people out on the internet who are claiming that cloud mining is a scam and you'll never break even let alone earn profit.
>>
>>1282525
it might be a scam, but have people actually been scammed yet? where are the people who have lost money, and are the people who took that money running cloud mining companies.

right now there's no proof that it is a scam, and there's not a mass of people showing that they have had a profitable return.

i have some money in cloud mining and have had transfers to my btc wallet on schedule. i'm still about 60 days from breaking even, but it is on schedule.

the naysayers might be correct at the end of the day, but right now there's little evidence that the popular cloud miners are not legit.
>>
>>1282631
Well, i don't know, i haven't invested any money in cloud mining yet. Of course i'm interested, just a bit skeptical.

The thing i heard [read on the internet] was that the fee increases before ROI and thus you never really make as much as you should have. And you know, if i don't even make as much as i could have made in a savings account, then what's the point really?

>popular cloud
hashocean and hashnest?
are their others worth giving your money to?
>>
>>1280961
christ...

it really just takes a few minutes to go on their site and read on why it is vastly different than btc and why it can grow.
>>
>>1280954
sia is meh when you're talking about major chinese involvement.

now fatcom, is going places
>https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/factom-signs-deals-for-blockchain-notarization-services-and-smart-cities-in-china-1456935176
>>
I want to buy BTC from my phone using the SIM's credit. Are there any services I can use to do this? I read there used to be some but didn't last long because people abused them with stolen SIMs and stuff like that.

Honestly, I really need it for my site, because I want people to be able to donate easily and with little effort without Paypal, I know there're many services that allow direct monetary payments to be made through mobile phone but all the ones I tried refused my site, that's why I want to use BTC.
>>
>>1282758
Bitcoin (2016): Wow it's nothing
Eth: Wow it's nothing
Lisk: Wow it's nothing
Trumpcoin: not even worth mentioning
Sia: Wow it's nothing
Pandacoin: ...

what else? ... Syscoin? Anyone remember that piece of shit? ALL of them hyped here ad nauseum, ALL of them going "to the moon"! You're missing the train! Suicide watch! Etc Etc Etc Etc ..
>>
>>1282777
and? what does that have anything to do with what I asked? it's still the most used cryptocurrency anyway and I found a server provider that accepts it, seriously who gives a flying fuck. All I need is something to make more people able to donate to my site so I can stop paying the server with my own money and the little I get from useless ads.
>>
>>1282783
whoops didn't mean it as a response. Also forgot:

DAO: DOA
>>
File: ponzi.png (52KB, 931x768px) Image search: [Google]
ponzi.png
52KB, 931x768px
>>1282525
Hasocean has been paying out every day for me, almost at roi. roi is approx. 3 months, 15kh/s for free when signing up. Still doubting it's legitimacy but who gives a fuck, their still paying me.

https://hashocean.com/?rid=438892
>>
fuck NEM. wallet won't decrypt. those shitty things have been stuck for months. pissed me off so much i sold all but XMR and BTC. i don't trust craptos.
>>
>>1282823
you really went in balls deep man.
i could live from that money you earn a day.
how many % did you invest into this compared to your overall investments?
>>
>>1282777
U r a fag
>>
what is the best mt. gox alternative right now?
>>
>>1282943
>best mt. gox alternative
you want to get scammed out of your bitcoins and money?
i can do that for you call me lt. gox!
>>
>>1282954
It used to be ok till they discovered the flaw in the system, at the time bitcoin was worth over 1k usd and that was also the time when mt. gox was at its peak activity, if it weren't for mt. gox I think bitcoin would not have expanded so much, after they closed the site coincidentally bitcoin started losing value.
>>
>>1282957
they discovered they were missing bitcoins because everybody was cashing out btw.
>>
>>1282957
>after they closed the site coincidentally bitcoin started losing value
it was just that the masses realized that if you don't have the bitcoins in your own full client wallet then you don't have them period. and without exchange sites and stuff like that where trust is ironically a key factor bitcoin has very little practical value.
it was a good lesson learned. i think we will see stuff like that again if the price goes up.
exchanges are at the best position to steal your shit and they are often enough not even real financial corporations let alone banks. they are unregulated and completely unsupervised.
go trust that and get burned kek.
>>
Guys what do you think about these rubies.
rbies.org I have no idea if scam I would like to know.
>>
>>1283051
fuck off, yobit.
rbies is rabies, a very dirty sickness.
>>
File: [SWEATINGU INSTENSIFIESU].png (318KB, 449x425px) Image search: [Google]
[SWEATINGU INSTENSIFIESU].png
318KB, 449x425px
I have 5000$

How could I make the most of it with crypto if at all
>>
>>1283189

All into hashocean

You'll get a little over 1% a day
>>
>>1283051
read the site, it's basically promotion for their betting/gambling service.

it wants to be a fiat-replacement like bitcoins

Whiles on the subject let me tell you which cryptos you should/shouldn't invest in.

rubies, trump, doge are like the chad footballers at school who were inane one trick ponies. If a leg broke then their footballing career would end and because they had no meaningful education they had to resort to coaching jobs, and depending on how well they do at coaching they can still earn some personal value

Eth, Lisk, Factom, Sia and Rise are like the nerds who went on to learn HTML, Java, C++, etc. and used that knowledge to make programs that help solve real world problems

One would do ok in the short term and one has potential to break banks.
>>
>>1283192
>>1283189
don't listen to that guy.

diversify your shit into buying pumps and eth.

When they appreciate then sell as btc.
>>
>>1283189

buy dips, sell pumps, ETH/BTC is a fairly easy trading pair for the most part.
>>
>>1283192
never go all in with anything online man
>>
>>1283297

I've got 10% of my port in BTC, and all that in hashocean right now. Didn't mean to say you should put you kid's college funds into a sketchy site, but this is probably the best and most stable way to generate revenue from BTC besides riding the trend of pumping and dumping tech-heavy ICO's.

Trading between eth/btc seems like a waste of time and energy when it's mostly speculation, and shitcoins almost never rise beyond their initial sell-off.
>>
>>1283335

those involved with trump refer here
>>
>>1283314
>I've got 10% of my port in BTC
that's hardcore man i constantly feel i'm missing big on this train but the btc price is not as stable as i would like.
i think at higher price the services have a way higher incentive to grab the money and just run with it.
so i really really don't like btc going up in price in conjunction with hashocean exchanges and other sites like that.
if price remains stable in the 400-500 range i might dare to dip more in than my toes.
>>
>>1283353

I understand, but the halvening will cause a big dip and volatility, and hashocean has no incentive to cut and run till we see sky-high btc prices.

They also have all the physical locations of their servers on their website, have a phone number linked to them, and have extremely big investors. They have more to lose than their clientele at this point.

To each his own, but you gotta realize that it's not going to stabilize in a very, very long time, most likely after eth/another shitcoin takes over it.
>>
>>1283314
>Trading between eth/btc seems like a waste of time and energy when it's mostly speculation
And what do you think that hashocean meme is?

Just buy BTC and hold, it's that easy.

Buy ETH dips and sell for BTC.

etc.

Fuck having your BTC in some online site, that's retarded.
>>
>>1279489
Glad I sold all of my Maid, except like 450 MAID that I left on the wallet just in case it mega pumped.
>>
>>1283364
>the halvening will cause a big dip and volatility
well i would do just that wait till the halvening where expectations are the highest grab bitcoin and run leave some poor cuck out in the sun to dry. and cash out before the dip.
>>
>>1283366

Well it's retarded until you realize people have been doing this and getting over 1% a day on their BTC for a long time. So if I hold this a year, I'm getting ridiculously good gains without wasting any time or mental energy on keeping up with the latest trends so I can focus on other things. I'm only doing this because of its history.

I think it's better than the eth/btc trading but please, post your average gains in a day/week month. Maybe I'm ignorant.

>>1283380

I'm probably going to be doing that with the BTC I've cloud-mined, I'm saving up for buying the dip right now actually.
>>
>>1283388
>probably going to be doing that
and a lot of other people will be doing exactly that, or hoping, they all think they will get the timing just right, but most of them will be sad bagholders as always.
>>
>>1283392

I'm experienced enough to know I'll never get the timing just right through skill. Gonna be gradually selling off the BTC I get from hashocean to USD before the halvening.

Do you feel like this is the easiest way for a mildly tech-savvy person to make money? It all seems surreal. It's so easy.
>>
>>1283397
yeah when it's too easy you get suspicious.
but damn some fuckers made mad money on it.
it's the catch if you get in too late you get burned if you get in early and get in the right shit you can buy lambos.

have you considered making a second account with your own ref link and buying the hash powers so you get 105%? i'm thinking about this a lot too. will they notice or even care?
>>
>>1283388
You have ALL of your private keys in someone else's hand. You are the fucking retard here my friend.

I've been holding since January 2015 when I told everyone to buy, because it was an obvious floor.

Im tempted to short on a potential halving dip, but you risk missing on a ticket to mars. It's always a lottery.
>>
>>1283404
>You have ALL of your private keys in someone else's hand.
wut?
>>
>>1283402
You are gambling on a halving dip, and potentially lossing a ton of money by not just holding.
Good luck tho.
>>
>>1283405
Sorry, I was talking to the guy that went all in with hashocean.
>>
>>1282145
No single graphics card makes 1800 MH/s. The AMD 390x only puts out like 28 MH/s, and that's arguably the single best card for mining, on a cost efficiency basis. Your card is probably capable of 18 MH/s, if it's a decent mid-range gaming graphics card for a desktop. If you're talking about a laptop, you're probably capable of 1.8 MH/s.
>>
>>1283402

That's a good idea but I'll probably do that when I have buying power after the halvening. There's no way they could tell besides you using the same IP, but they won't check that.

>>1283404
>>1283406

Shorting is too risky for me personally. I'm going to be selling off my BTC as it rises in the next month and a half. Then I'll buy back in with a lot more money if it dips, if it doesn't I'll just put that money in stocks. If BTC soars because of the halvening, then the hashocean account will become way more valuable.

You sound a little paranoid but that's ok, we obviously have different assessments of risk.
>>
>>1283407
you don't give private keys to anyone you give away your coins and you are prepared to say goodbye to them. then you get some back as times goes on and when they arrive to your wallet safely they are all yours. after 3 months it's all yours again. only risk remains is losing the free income stream.
>>1283406
well yeah, you risk something either way as usual with choices.
>>
>>1283419
>you don't give private keys to anyone you give away your coins

That's giving your private keys to someone.
There are no coins, only keys, but let's call them coins for normie's sake.

Anyway, 3 months is a long time. Giving away all of your coins for 3 months in hopes of getting them back and start making ROI after those 3 months is simply insane.
>>
>>1283417
>If BTC soars because of the halvening, then the hashocean account will become way more valuable.
But guess what, the chances of hashocean running away with your money also increase.

Not controlling your Bitcoins is not paranoia, it's common sense. All those sites are an huge gamble.
>>
>>1283427
no you are not giving away your keys where did you get this madness?
you send them the coins it gets accounted to their address in the bitcoin ledger you sign the transaction with your private key and it can be validated with your public key.

for fucks sake...
>Giving away all of your coins for 3 months in hopes of getting them back and start making ROI after those 3 months is simply insane.
not all just what you are prepared to lose. you have to try to put a percentage on if you believe a sit that has been running since 2012 without a hitch and pay like clockwork will fold in the next 3 month or not. if you say more likely not then you are insane not to bet on it some. if you say it will surely fold then you would be a fool to send them anything.

i honestly can't tell there is a risk but i can't put a percentage on it. probably way less than 50%.
>>
>>1283438
I have never used hashocean, I just assume you send the coins to them and the store the coins. This is not controlling those coin's private keys.

It's a ponzi, it will eventually go wrong even if it has been going good since 2012. I value my coins too much I guess.
>>
>>1283443
i don't get it you are using the terminology all fucked up. yes you don't control the coins if you don't control the private keys (which means they are not in your wallet) that's pretty goddamn obvious imo.

>It's a ponzi, it will eventually go wrong
most likely on both accounts, but... will it go wrong in 6 months? because if not you can double your btc you bet on it. hence my dilemma. i think they will eventually close shop but when i don't know.

the halvening worries me if they are in business after the bitcoin gets yanked up and down i might invest some more. my roi is near for now i wait.
>>
i have everything to lose

i'm going all in on sc
>>
>>1283443
Holy shit, you really don't understand the concept of cryptocurrency. Here's how HashOcean works:

1) You send them BTC to purchase cards to hash on your behalf.

2) They implement hashing power on your behalf, and use your initial investment to pay for their data centers, etc.

3) You get the proceeds from the hashing power you were promised. If you paid $2,000 for ~9,000 KH/s, you would get the equivalent bitcoin for ~9,000 KH/s (currently, that hashing power is equivalent to ~2 BTC/month). HashOcean provides you with your hashing power rewards on a daily basis.

4) You have the option of either reinvesting that BTC (hashing reward) into more hashing power, or cashing that BTC out to your personal wallet.

5) Once you have the BTC back in your personal wallet, you can spend it on whatever you want.

At no point does HashOcean need your private key for your personal wallet; they set up a holding account/wallet for you on the site, and theoretically you would set up an automatic transfer from that holding wallet to your personal wallet on an incremental basis (probably daily), assuming you want to cash out and don't intend to reinvest that hashing power.

You never give anyone your private key for your personal wallet. It's not necessarily; HashOcean can send you money without knowing your private key. You can send HashOcean money without them knowing your private key. The only private key HashOcean has that is "yours" is the holding account they keep your daily BTC payout in.
>>
>>1283539
>they set up a holding account/wallet for you on the site
they don't actually they pay you from structuring accounts where it's all mixed up and only store your "btc" balance in a database prior to withdrawal.
>>
What is happening with lisk? Why is it being pumped? Any news?
>>
>>1283556
I don't know, but I hope it doesn't stop
>>
First person to respond with their Bitcoin address gets 80 cents
>>
>>1283544
My mistake; I suppose that's easier once you reach their scale, though in my assessment, it would seem more prudent from a risk standpoint to split it up into different wallets, on the off chance that they lose the production environment and/or have to recover from a serious outage.
>>
>>1283616
34KE62rDmJgWFVYUhavYfeN7npnYthJ1EM
>>
>>1283643
https://blockchain.info/tx/6543fd33473f1f950b20351a82ea8b4e2f75ac19debc3491841135260e19d9b1
>>
>>1283639
they do split up the payout addresses to couple of hundred btc ones and they have a couple of back address with couple of ten thousand btcs on them.
altho it's very confusing they might actually be clients.
i just fucked around on blockchain.info backtracking transactions trying to figure out how big the operation is and where does the btc flow in and out.
>>
>>1283592
Finished. Hope you got out.
>>
>>1283736
I didn't get out, but I will soon.
>>
>>1276361
That poor pupper :(
>>
File: Tim Perkele.jpg (21KB, 549x219px) Image search: [Google]
Tim Perkele.jpg
21KB, 549x219px
>>1282496
Is Genesis Mining a legit company? This guy looks familiar...
>>
>>1276361
I could've done without seeing that
>>
>>1282631
Most cloud mining companies don't even have hardware, they are ponzi schemes.
The cloud mining scam is the promise of profits based on calculations at the moment you buy a mining contract but they don't tell you about the network hashrate growing difficulty. In the end you never make any profit and in worst case scenario you never get anything back.
>>
>>1283189

ETH
BTC
DAO
WAVES
LISK

Hold those long

MEME
TRUMP
DGB

Hold those short

Use bittrex/poloniex/c-cex as your market places.
>>
Absolutely fucking correct - I cannot fathom the number of dumbasses that buy into this Ponzi scheme.
Simple concept give me bag of money - I will promise to sprinkle it back to you over a couple of years with a few extra shekels. When I get about 1/2 way through your bag of money I will declare it is too difficult to keep doing it and tell you yo yo fuck yourself. Happy cLOUDMINER
>>
File: Wakapaionastick.jpg (109KB, 695x973px) Image search: [Google]
Wakapaionastick.jpg
109KB, 695x973px
Can someone explain what the fuck Lisk actually does? I looked on their website and can't get past the marketingspeak.

>Write some app in JS
>le sidechain
>???
>Profit

can we get a real world example?
>>
>>1285874
It's like a loan except it's easier to legally default on it.
>>
>>1285874
>>1286091
the risk is there but it's only a couple of months and shit is been running for years now without a hitch.
i'm not saying you are stupid i'm saying you overplay the risk which is significant of course. especially when bitcoin goes up. when it's stable there is no more incentive for them to close shop, but really to assess risk you would need to look at the trends how their userbase and "hashpower" grow because it gives you an idea how much btc is flowing in and how much is flowing out daily.
>>
Okay /biz/ cryptos, show me what coins you are following right now.

I've bought stakes in $rbr, $waves, $fct, $dcr, $trump and i'm looking to enter $dnet.

What are the coins you are looking at for winners?
>>
File: sadFrog.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
sadFrog.png
78KB, 412x351px
>wanted to buy bitcoins in May for fun
>not enough time to research cryptocurrencies or make a purchase
>See this thread

Fuck America and our shitty vacation system
>>
>>1286430
> $rbr
?

I'm following lisk, fct and ripple mainly.
>>
>>1285861
>long on lisk

Wtf are you doing
>>
im all in in natilus coin, how stupid am i ?
>>
File: shorttime7.png (21KB, 391x333px) Image search: [Google]
shorttime7.png
21KB, 391x333px
I tried to tell you guys about shorting STR, I made a few threads, told yall all the facts about it dropping for sure

No one listened, no one wanted free money.

That's fine with me, because I listened to myself.

hashocean.com/signup/?rid=554451
>>
>>1286594
Ripple > Nautilus Coin

The latter hasn't had a presser for a while so I hope you didn't go crazy.
>>
>>1286684
i bought it on 7128 and it sunk since yesterday.im not selling it. im buda right now man.
>>
>>1286678
What website is this? How do I short with you, friend?
>>
>>1285861
Meme?

Are you serial?

5k is a third the market cap.
>>
>>1287391

I talk to the dev a lot. That coin is going to be big one of these days especially when Proof of meme and IPFS come out.
>>
>>1287303
Poloniex

blog.objectiveforex.com/p/cryptocurrencies.html
>>
>>1287841
>I feel as though people are just shilling whichever currency they are invested into in order to generate hype, increase demand and marginally improve the value of their investment.
well you are already smarter than 90% of this board good job.
>Can someone tell me why these are objectively good investments?
eth maybe has a future but it's a decade till it matures at least and some other coin can pass it up with more powerful backing and hype bitcoin can easily catch it's wind from the sails if the devs start deving or something.
the rest of the coins are almost all memes some tries to solve a real problem like sharing resources but they won't take off imo.
>>
what program do you guys use to make graph analysis ?
>>
How high do you think BTC will rise in this month and the next? Or are we due for a dump right before the habbeding?
>>
>>1288061
im new on bitcoin. but looks like its behaving just like gold. that means its a counterDolar. every time the dolar indicators fall bitcoin tend to go up. be aware of the halving. I cant tell if the halving was priced yet. so expect instability this and next month. In the long run halving is going to reward less for miners but attract more people to the bitcoin market.
>>
>>1275529
Is Litecoin still a good investment? Or has that ship sailed already?
>>
>>1285861
>DGB

Ma nigga DGB all day long!
Want more profit?
Get all you you NEET friends to sign up their LoL accounts at digibyte gaming with your wallet address for additional easy 5-10k DGB per day.
>>
1 btc buy wall on trump,
Many new buys coming in as confidence builds.

Watch trump tomorrow guys, I think we could be looking at a +1k sats increase
>>
>>1283193
>>1276930

Can someone point me to the RISE website I can't find shit about the project.
>>
>>1288900
see http://pastebin.com/YbTmys4D from >>1288888

>RISE - NEW
>https://rise.vision/
>>
Should I actually buy TrumpCoin?

Someone give me an honest opinion.
>>
>>1288965
no, they will probably use the money to build a wall. So unless you are from mexico thats not a good idea.
>>
>>1288993
Fuck mexico.
>>
Toughts on DAO holding 9090 of them atm.
>>
>>1288885
I enjoy being correct, trump up 3k sats

TO THE MOON
>>
>>1289493
6496 on yobit...yoohoo.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.