[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the outlook for the marijuana industry from a /biz/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

What's the outlook for the marijuana industry from a /biz/ standpoint?

It's definitely piquing my interest. I have a rich background in horticulture, and I'm planning on finishing up my degree in greenhouse plant production soon, and I also know the ins and outs of how a small business operates.

I'm banking on the inevitability of the gradual continuation of decriminalization, and I'm also aware of the hurdles involved, including the fact that banks generally want nothing to do with the industry, and the fact that the industry is cutthroat as shit right out of the gate, as everyone and their mother rushes to get a piece of the pie until the market stabilizes as the cream rises to the top.

Thoughts? Is there money in it?
>>
Good if you're selling equipment, bad if you're planning on growing/selling flower.
>>
>>1275490

Simply due to oversaturation?
>>
>>1275492
Exactly.
>>
California isn't decriminalized as far as I know

there obviously is a lot of opportunity. an entire industry is opening up

if you're creative there's plenty of ways to get in beyond just growing

>>1275490
doesn't know what he's talking about
>>
File: Avatar.jpg (137KB, 498x678px) Image search: [Google]
137KB, 498x678px
>>1276381
Actually the market is incredibly saturated with retards who thought they were going to usher in a green rush and it hasn't materialized because the black market is still cheaper. There's no real profit for new players in the legal marijuana business as getting licensed to sell the shit takes alot of effort and money. Most banks won't work with you if you earn income from Marijuana so it tends to be cash-only. Also, alot of municipalities and counties still don't allow it.
>>
>>1276645
There are a lot of empty dispensaries in my district for those exact reasons. Gardening stores are in a good position though, selling gorilla grow tents, ballasts, fertilizers and so on to would-be growers for a hefty profit.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.