[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't they consolidate brands after merger? Lloyds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: bank-pic.jpg (848KB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
bank-pic.jpg
848KB, 2500x1875px
Why won't they consolidate brands after merger?

Lloyds Bank still operates Bank of Scotland, Halifax, and Scottish Widows as separate entities with separate corporate logos.

RBS still operates NatWest and Ulster Bank as separate subsidiaries with separate branding.

Why?
>>
>>1273630
Because the companies have created a brand that has goodwill from the communities they operate within. Buying the companies and continuing to allow them to operate under their own name will cause little disruption to consumers, while abruptly changing the name will generally cause consumers to seek out a familiar competitor. Tl;dr people don't like change
>>
>>1273676
Are Britbongs that stupid?
>>
>>1273676
This is a very good answer. I also want to add that under consolidation, you don't always have "one giant fucking business that just does everything." Depending on how they want to manipulate their tax returns, ownership, responsibility, etc., a lot of companies fiddle around with Parent Company and Consolidated Business 1, Consolidated Business 2, etc. and so on, and can make strategic gains out of this ownership/accounting/tax manipulation.

>>1273929
It's not stupid. You travel to a new city 500 miles away. You want an Uber. Uber doesn't supply service to new city because new city law banned it last year, even though Uber had been operating successfully for years before that. Now there's a company called DangleFitzFuckers4U that offers the exact same service by a lot of the same old Uber drivers, for even less money, but you don't know about it and it seems sketchy as fuck when you see it in the apps because you don't know about it. You don't use them and call a taxi.

People do this all the time. Plus, you don't want to throw away all that old marketing campaign attention and goodwill and whatnot. Also, you know who invests? Old people. You know what old people don't like? Change.
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (46KB, 535x533px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
46KB, 535x533px
>>1273630
I had to.
>>
>>1273990
this model (parent co, biz 1, biz 2, biz 3, etc.) also allows for additional flexibility in the event parent co wants to exit a certain market, unit, etc.; it can sell off the subsidiary more easily, and can charge for the accumulated goodwill.
>>
>>1273929

Americans are dumber. People like thinking they have a choice. Sometimes these banks will 'compete' against each other just for fun.

>>1274031

Noice.
>>
>>1273630
So thaT people don't realise what a scam capitaslism is
>>
>>1273630
They leave the brands out there to provide the illusion of competiton.
>>
>>1273630
Banks are shit but believe me banking in the UK is not so bad. Fees are low, service is good. I have used banks in other countries and in some places they literally charge you money for having a basic current account or depositing money into your account.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.