[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time, again. Barely more than a week awaits. Post your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cfa.jpg (189KB, 1800x1950px) Image search: [Google]
cfa.jpg
189KB, 1800x1950px
It's time, again. Barely more than a week awaits. Post your feels about the upcoming CFA exam.
>>
Taking L2. Took my first CFAI mock today. Got 62%, not sure if that's good or bad.

Can't wait to be done with this shit.
>>
Good luck, everyone. Don't get your hopes up for great career moves if you do pass though. I got the charter in 2012 and look at how I'm spending my afternoon.
>>
>>1269842
What industry are you working in?
>>
>>1269786
CFA + MSc Financial Mathematics is god tier combination right?
>>
>>1269850
I work for a boutique M&A advisory firm. We do small and mid market deal advisory and various other valuation related services. Its not glamorous but the pay is decent and my work weeks are usually 45-55 hours unless we get really busy.
>>
File: uwotbruh.png (783KB, 802x523px) Image search: [Google]
uwotbruh.png
783KB, 802x523px
Is it really one of the most difficult tests in the world? How harder than undergraduate finance exams is it?
>>
>>1269950
The main difficulty is that after level 1, you get exactly one chance per year. So if you fail, you need to wait an entire year before trying again.
>>
>>1269950
The actual curriculum isn't necessarily harder than undergraduate finance work, but the breadth of the tests is what makes it difficult. There are six books of curriculum for each exam and they are 300-500 pages each. Each exam is basically like taking six comprehensive college final exams at once. You're expected to answer very specific questions and apply somewhat complex formulas. And you don't get to use any notes.

>>1269960
This also makes it a real pain in the ass. I had to retake L2 and it sucked that I had to wait a year because that gives you a lot of time to forget this things you studied.
>>
>>1269950
L1 isn't too bad. L2 is a different animal though. Nothing is especially hard, its just a shit ton of stuff. Most people work a lot harder than for L1 because they know that its more material and all the retard were kicked out already, even then most people fail.
>>
>>1269965
>There are six books of curriculum for each exam and they are 300-500 pages each.
Holy fuck. And here I am just finished an International Finance exam where we were only required to read 5-6 chapters of a 500 page book plus 4-5 journals of 30-50 pages per topic.

How long time do you prepare for the exam? 3, 6, or 12 months? Longer?
>>
>>1269786
Will be giving my L1 in Dec 2016.

All the best fellas.
>>
>>1269950

No. Its just that the people in banking arent smart
>>
>>1271186
>CFA
>Banking
Good way to say that you dont know what you are talking about
>>
Anyone have level 2 practices exams?
>>
>>1272103
There is a some dropbox link at r/CFA. Most cases get reused every year though.
>>
>>1272722
How about level 1 exams?
>>
>>1272791
Not sure. Taking L2 this year but r/CFA has material for every level.
>>
>>1272858
Nice thanks guy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.