[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /biz/ Recently my grandmother passed and her home is being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1451972736882.jpg (464KB, 782x403px) Image search: [Google]
1451972736882.jpg
464KB, 782x403px
Hello /biz/

Recently my grandmother passed and her home is being sold. I'm one of three heirs and will he receiving a decent amount of cash from the estate.

Nothing is final and I am expecting around 60,000-70,000 USD.

What do I do with it? How do I invest to make the most out of it? No memes please. Serious responses appreciated.

I am willing to give 110% to make the most out of this. I want to take their legacy and set up something that maybe even my grand kids can benefit from.
>>
>>1266214
put some of it in bonds, some of it in mutual funds, and the rest in stocks so you can play with it
>>
>>1266346
Thank you anon.

Any tips for good stock investments?
>>
>>1266392
If you don't know what you are going stick to the basics. Cheap broad index etfs. Less risk than stock picking and cheaper ( usually) than mutual funds.

Just play it cool and don't try to play wolf of Wallstreet or you will surely get buttfucked.
>>
File: babe-ruth-called-shot-jersey.jpg (86KB, 641x612px) Image search: [Google]
babe-ruth-called-shot-jersey.jpg
86KB, 641x612px
>>1266392
Put the money in a savings account. Then start reading about "volatility", "moving averages" and "seasonality". having done that, then you should read about Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger's investing style.

Then read about "the Kelly Criterion" via whatever means you have available.

There will always be an equity or commodity or derivative of either that will be over-valued or under-valued. You will never miss out on a market situation to capitalize upon. There is always some valuation in markets to exploit for an educated trader/investor like you will become.
>>
>>1266404
Thanks for the solid advice. I'm going to be temperate.
>>1266435
I will be sure to follow your advice and read these. I appreciate the time you took to share a little knowledge.
>>
Curious bump
>>
Read this https://m.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/wiki/windfall
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.