[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a /biz/ approved watch? I'm shopping around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 53

What's a /biz/ approved watch? I'm shopping around for one and the only ones I like are 30k+ usd. Not 'quite' my budget.

requirements:
- manly
- not too large
- tasteful
- not too snobby looking
- quality
- not ultraexpensive
>>
I like Armani Exchange
>>
>>1262423

Personally, I'm of the mind that watches are expensive status symbols used by douchelords, though I understand there are some professions that require you to present that image.

Having said that, I like Movado.
>>
File: 81feAY6jDWL._UY550_.jpg (36KB, 333x550px) Image search: [Google]
81feAY6jDWL._UY550_.jpg
36KB, 333x550px
>>1262423

Some of Tissot's budget lines (like the PRS 516, which I wear pretty often) get the job done. Casual enough for daily wear, nice enough to not look out of place with a suit, fine watch overall.

If $350 is still "ultraexpensive" then maybe you could go for a Skagen. They're all extremely slim, which is nice, pretty low budget (sub $200), and have very minimalist designs that will impress a lot of people who aren't really into watches. Some watch purists might not approve, though, since the brand has little history and they're not the highest quality out there.

If you need cheaper than that, it's time to start looking at Vostok. You can get a decent Vostok with an automatic movement for ~$60-$80 on ebay.
>>
>>1262423
Omega Speedmaster, the first watch worn on the moon and the only watch approved for space walks. Honestly you can't find another luxury watch for that price with such an awesome history behind it.
>>
>>1262640
Based
>>
>>1262423
When I see a person wearing a watch I immediately know I'm probably going to hate him.
>>
>>1262423

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SUN041-Stainless-Steel-Watch/dp/B00RZCX4W2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Got mine for ~$150 but it seems low on stock
>>
>>1262681

>American cargo pants wearer detected

You know, a smartphone isn't always reliable or convenient to check the time. Especially if its either dead or you're carrying things.

I glance at my wrist more than I look at my phone.
>>
I own a movado. Just expensive enough to signal that you spent money on it, but not so expensive or designer that you're blowing too much.
>>
File: y5y4avup.jpg (73KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
y5y4avup.jpg
73KB, 768x1024px
>>1262640
>Buying a several thousand dollar watch

Literally why? Do you think anyone's going to be able to tell how expensive it is?

Get pic related for <$150 and stop being a fucking sperg.
>>
File: 1387657444752.png (1022KB, 918x918px) Image search: [Google]
1387657444752.png
1022KB, 918x918px
>>1262731

>Do you think anyone's going to be able to tell how expensive it is?

That depends entirely on what sort of people are around you. Everyone should dress for their social rank. You appear to know yours, the sub $150 crowd.
>>
>>1262731
>buying and wearing a cheap watch

Literally why? Did you not realize cell phones tell time? Watches are purely to signify status and taste -- a gaudy watch signifies wealth but also an violent aggressive personality. A low-key watch with a leather strap signifies wealth and a more 'civilized' personality. A cheap watch simply makes you look like a pathetic little boy. Kind of exactly like wearing a diamond necklace made of glass.

Best idea is to refrain from looking like a homo in his casio knock off and wait until you have the money to get a real watch. These things may seem subtle, but they really do color peoples' perception of you.
>>
>>1262749
>Watches are purely to signify status and taste
>being this insecure and caring so much about what other people think
>>
>>1262740
>That depends entirely on what sort of people are around you. Everyone should dress for their social rank. You appear to know yours, the sub $150 crowd.

Yeah, bro. I'm sure you're in the multi-millionaire crowd and just happen to be posting on /biz/ from your private island in Panama.

>>1262749
>A cheap watch simply makes you look like a pathetic little boy. Kind of exactly like wearing a diamond necklace made of glass.

Explain to me how that watch looks cheap in any way.

>These things may seem subtle, but they really do color peoples' perception of you

The average person don't know a thing about watches. There is literally no difference between a $300 nice watch and a $3000 watch in people's perception if you don't tell them that it costs 10x as much.
>>
>>1262423
You can get a high quality knockoff from japan for around $400 dollars. 99.999% of the people you come across will not be able to tell its a fake and those few who can tell would have to at least hold it or get a closer inspection. Obviously you wouldn't be able to resell it but there really are some gorgeous fakes out there.
>>
>>1262761

I never implied such a thing. All I said was dress according to social rank and that you appear to know yours.
>>
>>1262766
>All I said was dress according to social rank and that you appear to know yours

Yeah I do know mine, I'm not a millionaire.

Are you? What kind of watch do you wear?
>>
File: k7HJ6R7.jpg (508KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
k7HJ6R7.jpg
508KB, 3072x2048px
How much do you guys think this watch looks like it costs?
>>
>>1262627
shit desu, have one and it's had issues/ doesn't hold up well lots of scratches
>>
>>1262784
This watch is under $50, actually. And yet I think most people would compliment it.
>>
>>1262752
You can call it "insecurity" if you want, but it is how people will view you. This is /biz/, networking and relationships matter. A watch is something only wealthy people wear, and they wear it to 1) show their wealth and 2) signify their personal style. If you rock a knock off casio, you are showing that you have no wealth and your personal style is that of a little boy trying to fake it 'til he makes it. Just don't wear a watch if you can't pay AT LEAST 30k. It's not that hard, use your fucking cellphone to tell time.
>>
>>1262802
This.

if you're not wearing an Audemars Piguet royal oak then WHAT THE FUCK are you doing?

Get out of my fucking face poorfags, you shouldn't even be alive if you can't afford to wear this watch, pussies.

I literally kick people out of my office if their watch isn't a minimum of $5000. No poorfags are allowed to work for me, only the cream of the crop. In fact, I'm surprised some of you even get interviews or are employed given how little you care about how you look.

No bespoke suit - Get the fuck out.

No Semi-daily polished Testoni shoes? - GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE.

No Audemars Piguet? Not even a fucking ROLEX SUBMARINER? - GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. OF. THIS. BUILDING!

You aren't driving a Porsche 918 Spyder? - GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CITY, GO, SCRAM, GET THE FUCK OUT. GET OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT!

You don't have even *ONE* MEASLY VACATION HOME IN BARCELONA? - GET THE FUCK OUT MY SIGHT, GET OUT FUCKING POORFAGGOT, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE I SWEAR I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ,GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1262815

There's a difference between caring for personal appearance and caring about wearing high end brands.

This much detail for fashion is reserved for women.
>>
>>1262821
No the other anons are right.

If your watch is less than $20,000 I personally wouldn't even say hello to you in the street. I'd probably push you out of my way if I saw your watch was not worth at least that much.

If i saw you get out of a car worth less than $500,000 I would not even hold the door for you. I'd probably pretend to hold it open then slam it on you and spit on you, poorfag.

You're suppose to dress according to your social rank, and clearly if you're too poor to spend over $100,000 on your daily outfit then you know yours.
>>
>>1262423
Check out Shinola. American made watched through and through.
>>
File: UMadSupes.png (725KB, 978x683px) Image search: [Google]
UMadSupes.png
725KB, 978x683px
>>1262815
>>1262825
Seriously, I haven't see so much butthurt on 4chan.
>>
>>1262829
>They're only ~$1000

Lmao the pricerange for plebians. You clearly know your social rank, stay poor idiot.
>>
>>1262831
>Seriously, I haven't see so much butthurt on 4chan.

Sorry I just get tired of poor people.

Last week I had over 5 people come to me to look at their resume and instead of looking at their resume I immediately looked at how they were dressed.

>Non-bespoke suits
>No watch or shitty watch under $2000

Pisses me the fuck off, if you want to work for me you need to at least look the part.
>>
I'm pretty sure so long as you don't get a skeleton, a chronometer, or something with diamonds or a skull in it, your watch will look tasteful.

>>1262749
>Did you not realize cell phones tell time?
how to spot someone from the "I don't know what a floppy disk is" generation.

>>1262762
This. Knockoffs are great, but not easy to get.
>>
>>1262731
fuck dude, how thick are your individual arm hairs?
>>
>>1262825
>implying your womyn arms are strong enough to push me
>>
>>1262877
>He thinks I don't spend thousands of dollars a week on pharmaceutical steroids from the best private laboratories in the world
>He thinks I don't have personal doctors on retainer who do nothing but measure my blood levels and ensure I am at peak health and the epitome of a well-oiled machine for my important career

Keep in mind, I'm rich and you're not.

Richfag, out.
>>
>>1262883

>using steroids because genetics suck
>>
>>1262892
>Not improving upon your genetics to reach a level no human can naturally attain
>Not trusting shit made by scientists much smarter than you while you worry about your investments in your penthouse in NYC

Stay poor my friend.
>>
>>1262836
>>1262883
Troll or kill yourself.

Trying to hard either way
>>
>>1262902
Poor person detected.

Don't worry I'm sure your job at walmart suits your <$2000 watch very well.
>>
File: edge.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>1262825
>>1262815
>>
File: 1443986982542.jpg (16KB, 241x241px) Image search: [Google]
1443986982542.jpg
16KB, 241x241px
>>1262423
>the only ones I like are 30k+ usd
>>
>>1262784
just a cheap rolex milgauss GV knockoff, which I am in fact wearing right know. stick to watches you can afford, not cheap replicas with a diff. logo.
>>
>>1262784
'stainless steelback'

>not even 'steel back' but 'steelback'
>actually lists that as a feature
>a standard feature on 90% + of watches
>a standard feature on $10 casio watches

I'm gonna say $20
>>
>>1262829
RADO was the first watch I really wanted.
I actually get hard looking at some of their ceramic watches.

But Shinola is the only watch brand that has given me a hard-on since the Hamilton brand.

I also like how they are just making it in Detroit because fuck you that's why.

They are making stuff in USA again, like burgerlanders used to do, and doing it somewhere they probably got cheap factory space and no doubt some liquidated equipment in a (recovering?) city that was devastated.

And they make that part of the story, which is why I'm telling it now, and it is genius marketing.

They didn't go the tired old route of buying cheap japanese watches and slapping a swiss or french name on them.

The world needs more of that.

I think a British watch brand that has 'made from British steel' or something would kill it, because the steel industry is in danger of dying out.
>>
>Paying 14k for a watch that doesn't do half the shit my samsung gear does.
>At least it's pretty to look at.
>women give a shit about what you wear

Stop being such faggots
>>
>>1262639
i have some vostoks with my family name engraved on them, soviet era present to my parents.
>>
The billionaire Chuck Feeney wears a cheap casio watch, doesn't have a car, or a big house.

He's been too busy giving money away, because he has too much.

Obama wears a watch you can pick up for about $250.

This may shock some of you, but some rich people (shudder) don't even wear a watch, because if you're already rich -

1) people will wait for you
2) where the fuck do you have to be?

I'm not 'rich' but yeah, I make a couple hundred grand a year, and I do it so I don't have to be anywhere at any particular time. Sounds like you are one of those who makes 'busy time for themselves to escape their existential dread.

Or, more likely, a total and complete troll.
>>
>>1262815
More millionaires wear Seiko or Timex, Casio, etc. than Rolex or Audemar or Omega.

How 'rich' do these 'poor' people have to be that work for you? 'rich' enough to afford all that shit, but 'poor' enough to want to work for you?

Your views are outdated, but admittedly a minimum level of aesthetics does work if you are dealing with risk-averse old money and investment banking or hedge funds, which sounds like what you're into.

Since I work for myself, it is refreshing to see guys like Tim Ferriss, Mark Cuban, Mark Zuckerberg, etc just dress slightly better than they did before they were rich, they will still show up in sneakers, jeans, tees, sweats, whatever is comfy.
>>
>>1263207
>>1263208
His point was that a $30 watch looks comparable to a lot up and even over $500
>>
>>1262731
>Get pic related for <$150 and stop being a fucking sperg.
Yeah, and be just like anon. A dipshit who got conned into wearing a crappy submariner knockoff.
>>
>>1263310
Orient is Japanese and that's not a submariner knock off in any way.
>>
>>1262784
>>1262798
>$50
Ya dun goofed.
>>1263208
>>1263246
>$30 watch.
No, be said it was a $50 watch,
And I said it looks like a $20, maybe $30 watch.
I stand by my point about it saying 'steelback', also it says 'water resistant' but no depth listed, which seems like a waste of print, and usually means if you so much as splash it while washing your hands, it dies.

For $50, I could find a nicer one on eBay or a pawnbrokers, market, etc - you could get a vintage Tissot for less than that which may just need a little repair.

And yeah, that watch is comparable to other watches.

I compared it to a $80 Seiko, Rotary or Citizen, and it looks shit.

At least their entry level models are not trying to be something they are not, have a proper box, warranty, and known brand.
>>
Omega Seamaster. Always.
>>
File: 1461998529918.jpg (47KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1461998529918.jpg
47KB, 330x319px
>>1262821
>>1262831
>>1263194
>>1263238
>>
>>1262639
>350
>expensive
Dude said 30k was too much not 30 dollars
>>
>>1262703
These seiko chronograph watches, with a leather strap are great value.

Great quality, and respected without having a high level of brand cost on top.

I purchased my 'dream watch' early in business career and never wear it. My seiko chrono gets worn everyday.
>>
>>1262423
G-shock
>>
>>1262794
I think he was joking. Armani exchange is soft like dogshit.
>>
Wow this thread devolved into pure shit.

So I'm kind of in the same boat, I work your basic office job and would like a watch that looms somewhat expensive while being very minimalist in its design. I HATE big gaudy "look at me" watches. I also would like something gold, which is why I'm pretty set on movado. Are there any other brands where I can get a minimalist gold watch for around 500 bucks? Or, are there brands I can buy for around 1000 that are made with real gold and hold their value? I feel a lot better about spending big when it's a real asset like a gun that I know won't depreciate like a car.
>>
File: 20160520_120434.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20160520_120434.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
My Nomos.

Co sidelong adding a Rolex for more casual wear. I wear the Nomos p much everywhere but it's definitely too dressy sometimes. I've always been a bit averse to Rolexes but after significant digging around there's really nothing else better in that category. Mlso maybe just time to fall for the Submariner meme.

I might also get an Orient Sun and Moon just cause it's a cool cheap watch. Orient makes good product for the price point.
>>
>>1262784
$50 with strap. Milgauss copy.
>>
>>1262423

my watch.

Omega seamaster deville from 1960's.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (19KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
19KB, 400x267px
>>1262423
I reccomend looking into tudor and omega watches that has gained some years.

>>1263609
The one I have here from the 1960's is important to me because it's fully automatic and only moves when I move, sentimentally enough.

around 2k for this watch, i have a cheaper one, tudor oysterdate from 1983 in the retail box with authentication papers at about 1.5k.
(it's sapphire blue)

The watches you get however, should have sentimental value, you can of course go and get a rolex for 30-++ k and look like a g, but if your house, car and wife doesn't match that watch, that watch is not you.
>>
File: 1030238.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1030238.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>1263646
like this.
>>
File: MK8152.jpg (59KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MK8152.jpg
59KB, 400x400px
I am 18 and bought this watch with my own money. I guess it suits me well since it is not classic, it is sport but at the same time an elegant one and if people look at the brand, they get impressed.

It is a Michael Kors MK8152.
Just get one and wear it with some classy bracelets.
>>
>>1263609
>>1263646
>>1263650
Huh, really?

Why don't you post a picture of it on your wrist right now? I just want to see how it looks in person on you.
>>
>>1263754
>classy bracelets
God each generation is getting gayer than the next.
>>
>>1263758
>God each generation is getting gayer than the next

Huh really? Which generation are you from my old friend? Have you experienced many generations to be such an expert on them?
>>
>>1263759
Everyone alive today has experienced at least 4 generations.
>>
>>1263765
How can that be possible if a generation is around 20 years?

Which minimum of 4 generations have you experienced? Are you a babyboomer as well as were alive during WWII?
>>
Some less expensive (about $5k or less) but still great respectable watches that will hold their value and last you a lifetime are in my opinion:

Omega speed master
JLC master control
Carrier roadster
Rolex submariner or date just

Make sure you don't buy one new, get it used from a reputable watch dealer. And do your research.
>>
File: 91JegIxgwML._SL1500_.jpg (223KB, 804x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91JegIxgwML._SL1500_.jpg
223KB, 804x1500px
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-F91W-Digital-Sports-Watch/dp/B01AV5P008/

The only /biz/ approved watch until you have 7 figures in the bank.

lasts multiple decades, keeps fantastic time.
completely replaceable.

$7 in stores, $10 online
>>
>>1263775
Well lets see... I've experienced the generation younger than millennials, those born after 95. Then I've experienced millennials (who really probably aren't the absolute gayest generation over the last century but definitely express thier gayness the most). Then there is generation X which I am (who were getting there, not the gayest but pretty fucking gay as gay goes). Then there is baby boomers which my parents were (they were gay for other reasons but didn't feel the need to say shit like 'people from phoenix are phoenicians nnyeaa'). Then there was my grandparents who were the silent generation who would have probably slapped your pedantic ass upside the head, but hey times were different back then.

It's all relative, nawmean? Did you actually really want to discuss this? I can go on for days. I'm guessing the answer is no.
>>
File: WIN_20160523_19_17_40_Pro.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160523_19_17_40_Pro.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>1263756
sorry m8, im a far way from home and the work I have at the moment does not call for a suit or a fancy watch.

Right now im using a wenger; sturdy as hell and swiss.
>>
>>1262815
>no one realizes this is an obvious shitpost
>>
>>1263246
But it didn't
>>
File: 1_MD1_l.jpg (68KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
1_MD1_l.jpg
68KB, 1280x982px
>>1263805
Still too expensive based on what some faggots in this thread are saying. Sheesh, if you wanna buy a expensive item, just do it, nothing wrong with that if it isn't breaking bank. I want to buy some expensive rings too when I make enough too, nothing wrong with watches. Dream ring is pic related
>>
>>1263754
>Micheal Kors
>Suits me well
Woman/dumbass detected
>>
>>1263759
You triggered a millennial's butthurt
>>
>>1263805
If you wear that watch along with a dirty blue shirt with top three buttons open, gray slacks, cheap belt or no, and flip flop sandals you will look like a strolling Pakistani and no one will bother you.
>>
File: navy5.jpg (348KB, 1294x912px) Image search: [Google]
navy5.jpg
348KB, 1294x912px
Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer for $700 looks good in every occasion from playing ball to dancing at the ball tee bee aych
>>
G-shocks are really nice if you don't mind the fact that they look fairly utilitarian. I work in a fairly laid back environment and also do a lot of hiking and other outdoor activities, so I wanted something indestructible that didn't look like a piece of crap. A few of my friends have had theirs for years, and they're all really happy with them - I am too so far.

Not a fashion watch, so it may not be what you're looking for, but I give it a solid recommendation for what it is.
>>
>>1263874
the craftsmenship on that thing is terrible.

Look at the terrible polishing, the indents the missing, is that wood or a stone?
>>
>>1264188
Well, I guess a millenia and a half of wear and tear will do that to a ring, it's this one.
https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/signet-rings/medieval-byzantine-garnet-gold-mens-signet-ring/id-j_721882/?utm_content=control&gclid=CP-EpJeQ8cwCFZE0aQodhn0NTg
>>
>>1264297
I'm not sure what the deal is with buying old junk simply b/c its old is.

even if you fucking love they byzantians for some reason.

all you can do is argue taste and historic treasure.

Today we've got 3d printers and laser cut injection molds. Make your own history. Go out and dig up the metal for it. Work with a designer, make something uniquely your own.
>>
File: rolex yachtmaster steel.jpg (59KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
rolex yachtmaster steel.jpg
59KB, 500x470px
>>1262815
I always wanted a Rolex, since I was a kid. So I bought myself a Steel and Platinum Yachtmaster. The watch is awesome. I love it. I cant afford a vacation home or a porsche, but I could afford a nice watch, a nice home, and I look professional every day.
>>
>>1264355
Cool.

What kind of job do you have?
>>
>>1264360
I'm a CPA.

12 years experience. A Senior Manager at a Regional Accounting Firm
>>
>>1264362
Neat
>>
>>1264362
Yet still coming to this hole. Old habits die hard, huh. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever leave either.
>>
File: 4L_alAiyAxL.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_alAiyAxL.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I have a 18k day date that I got from my grandad but the movement is broken and I'm too much of a poor fag to get it repaired. Gonna keep it but it's worth a hell of a lot think I might sell it at some point once I fix it.
>>
>>1262423
Orient Bambino
>>
>spending literally thousands on a fucking accessory
>/biz/ approved
the only people approving of this behaviour are the people who want to look rich but will never be rich because they are so shit with money that they spend it all on eye candy.

If you spend any more that 1% of your annual income on a fucking >watch you are a literal retard. Even 1% is way too much.
>>
>>1264569
t. poorfag
>>
>>1262722
>hurr durr my clothes define me
>>
>>1264498

Make sure you don't polish that anon. Nice watch
>>
>>1263754
lol
you dont know anything about watches do you?
>>
>>1263805
AKA 'the Terrorists Watch'

>Osama approved
>>
File: 20160524_170443.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160524_170443.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Saykoh for work/weekday general use (350 aud).
Aviator for social/weekend use (1000 aud). Came with a fuckn sik hat and set of goggles as well.

Would definitely recommend a Seiko though in terms of value for money.
>>
>>1264855
t. Guy paying interest on credit card debt
>>
File: 1464102487978-331218222.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1464102487978-331218222.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I have a decent watch collection. I honestly like my Breitling Transocean 1461 the most with a custom made black/black strap.

People often ask me about it as it doesnt look like the typical rugged breitling. It looks a lot "cleaner" and looks classy without having to resort to bling like yellow, white or rose gold.
>>
File: douc-langur-monkey.jpg (24KB, 518x471px) Image search: [Google]
douc-langur-monkey.jpg
24KB, 518x471px
>>1262640

>and the only watch approved for space walks.

That's a relief, my watch always fucks up when I go for space walks.
>>
File: 20160524_171134.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160524_171134.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I suck at pictures. Another try with the thread in the background. Think i had too much alcohol as a student to keep my hand steady.
>>
>>1265511
the vast majority of people with expensive watches are not paying interest on their credit cards. stop being poor and maybe you'd understand.
>>
File: men-s-casio-dbc611g-1d-5.jpg (49KB, 272x505px) Image search: [Google]
men-s-casio-dbc611g-1d-5.jpg
49KB, 272x505px
>2069-53
>not wearing the official watch of fucking up some commas

It's like you niggers don't even count your money.
>>
>>1265561
Is this some American thing?

My Gold VISA has a 10k limit and is simply paid back automatically at the end of the month. No interest whatesoever and the card itself costs me like 30 euros a year.
>>
File: Rolex-Submariner-114060-2.jpg (91KB, 560x780px) Image search: [Google]
Rolex-Submariner-114060-2.jpg
91KB, 560x780px
>>1263315
are you joking?
>>
>>1262815
If you spend that much on an Audemars you could properly adjust the strap though holy fuck that guy in the pic.
>>
>>1263238

Please tell me you don't believe that more millionaires actually wear timex than rolex
>>
>>1262836
So you mean who only hire people who have absolutely no incentive to wage slave for you? People who own the things you specified in your earlier post simply wont work "for" anyone unless theyre 18year old trustfundkids who ger forced by daddy.

Must be a productive company youre running lol.
>>
>>1265608
They do, newfriend. Most millionaires are not living the glamorous lives you imagine they are. Lots of stats are mentioned in the Millionaire Next Door book
>>
>>1265575
a lot of americans use credit irresponsible, and that includes racking up credit card debt
>>
>>1265561
>the vast majority of people with expensive watches are not paying interest on their credit cards
[citation needed]
>>
>>1265761
just because you can't envision having a few thousand bucks to drop on a watch doesn't mean everyone is bankrupting themselves into poverty/debt to do it senpai.
>>
>>1265802
I have a few thousand bucks to drop on a watch. It's just a retarded thing to spend that kind of money on, unless you're earning 7 figures a year and have more money than you know what to do with
>>
>>1265629
>Millionaire Next Door
Which is written by Thomas Stanley and William Danko. Do yourself a favor and go research their net worth. They have no fucking clue what they're talking about. They're business-minded behavioral analysts with crackpot theories shilling books filled with bogus ideas to kiddos like you.
You should strive to be in a financial situation in life where you could at least afford an expensive watch if you wanted one, not that you have to have it everyone has different taste.

Also, for the record, I work in IB and everyone except two people in my department (m&a) wear Rolex, Omega, AP, Breitling, or at least a Tudor or Tissot. This largely depends what industry you work in or the people you surround yourself with though.
>>
>>1265888
>earning 7 figures a year
>having more money than you know what to do with

>thinks earning <$1m a year is too much money and he "wouldn't know what to do with it"

Stay poor faggot.
>>
>>1265895
>learning the difference between a less than and greater than sign
Middle schooler detected, opinion discarded
>>
>>1265888
you just changed your stance from "everyone who has a watch is in debt" to "it's stupid to spend money on a watch"

wew
>>
>>1265937
>implying those stances are mutually exclusive
Fuck off retard
>>
>>1265942
you sound angry. maybe a nice rolex will cheer you up? :)
>>
>>1262681
>thinks it's ok to pull out your smart phone when having dinner with a client or during an professional job interview
>>
>>1263557
You can't get any gold watch for less than 500, only gold plated.

>>1263503
>value

You don't by a luxury watch for value, you buy it because you want it and you have excess money sitting around
>>
>>1265893
>I work in IB and everyon wears expensive watches
It's a big world out there. Plenty of people accumulate liquid wealth in excess of a million doing shit like buying rural land, selling cars, contracting janitors and the like. I happen to know quite a few of these people because I work with finance on a level that doesn't deal with New York but does deal with the wealthiest people in some southern states.

Very few of them wear expensive watches, drive flashy cars or order high-end drinks when we go out, even the ones who own jets and five houses. That stuff just isn't part of what they're into. I don't know why you think the existence of a totally different scene where people make their money differently and show it differently changes this.
>>
>>1264369
It's not a surprise given that a good portion of the rich tend to have asshole/bullying/type-a personalities which is also the same personality types that 4chan tends to attract
>>
>>1262423

Traser watches, they have dope af tritium dials
>>
File: image.png (132KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
132KB, 750x1334px
>>1265761
Citiation provided.
>>
>>1262640
HAHAHHAHAHAHAH MOON! you dumb faggot!

buy the "moon" watch we used in some studio!
>>
>>1266159
Why would you want a gold watch though? Get something that looks more classy.

It's not like rich people, unless arab, buy gold furniture or a gold house.

You don't need dat bling.
>>
>>1266235
>Autopay $176
Wew
>>
>>1266185
>>1265893

Who cares about investment banking these days anyways. Quit living in the past.
>>
>>1265608

Yes.
I believe simply that there are more people 'acting rich' than there are rich people.
I have overwhelming data, including my own anecdotal evidence, to make this a reality for me.

>>1265893
>research their net worth
I don't need to, did you research their method of research?
Because that's what the books were based on.
Not quite 'crackpot theories', just hard data.

>The authors polled over 1,300 millionaires - the research base was broadened to encompass an even wealthier set of millionaires (including many 'decamillionaires'). In all, the author received 733 responses to his carefully targeted questionnaires'

How many have you interviewed?

>investment banking
You are talking about one specific corporate field where conformity and mirroring are more common.

>the CEO leans back at a meeting
>the directors copy him, unconsciously mirroring
>the junior executives follow suit

A certain image is also often expected in corporations.
But corporations rarely make you rich unless you own the whole thing, or a sizeable share, and run the show. They also become risk-averse and stifle creativity. Directors and C-level execs develop a mindset that 'what got us here will get us there', and forget that creativity and innovation is what 'got them there' in the first place.

The truly successful are often those who are contrary, individualistic outliers, not conformers.

FYI, I used to work for Richard Branson.
I wouldn't work for him again.
Because I have my own philosophy and way of doing things, it doesn't 'fit' with his.

What watches do the other two people wear?
How does their wealth compare with others in your department?
>>
>>1267193
>dont understand the importance of paying the minimum due on time to have 0% interest rates.

>>1267145
I never said I like gold watches, I'm replying to the pleb that thinks you can get a gold watch for <500

I personally like platinum or SS
>>
File: maslows_hierarchy.png (56KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
maslows_hierarchy.png
56KB, 480x360px
>>1262423
real /biz/ doesn't wear watch
>>
>>1263805

I've got two of these babies.
>>
File: 1415991643333.jpg (194KB, 2048x1540px) Image search: [Google]
1415991643333.jpg
194KB, 2048x1540px
>>1262423

A better status symbol would be a $500,000 portfolio paying you tax-free interest and dividends on top of capital gains.

Expensive watches are a disease of poor people.
>>
>>1267811
It always slays me when people say "If I got a million dollars..." and then list off some luxury purchase like a car or watch as if it's a totally minor percentage of the total and they're being thrifty by banking the rest.

Meanwhile I've actually got that, drive a scooter and my watches were all gifts. Maybe if I made a million a year I'd be more blase about it, but I don't think I could consider myself stable enough to buy a new luxury car or watch without two-million in liquid assets.

>Expensive watches are a disease of poor people.
Well, not quite. The guys I know who work on Wall Street pretty much all have high-end watch collections. Dunno about their net worths though.
>>
>>1263805

This tbqhdesu.

I wore one for 2 years until the strap bar broke off, and then I replaced it.

I upgraded to a Casio W-753 simply because I found it in a gym locker.

But the F-91W is the ultimate /biz/core.
>>
>>1264498

$30k watch anon. Breddy gud. It's a keeper, well worth getting it professionally repaired.

Fun fact: this is the same watch that Baldwin's character displays when he gives his spiel in Glengary Glen Ross:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elrnAl6ygeM
>>
File: lqdf14asxouzcuplhgvv.jpg (35KB, 770x434px) Image search: [Google]
lqdf14asxouzcuplhgvv.jpg
35KB, 770x434px
>>1267848
>>
>>1267834
>drive a scooter

How did you acquire half a million?

>drive a scooter

Terribly risky behaviour, unnecessary exposure to death. Not sure about your character..
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1267848
Could be fake- the magnification of the cyclops doesn't look right
>>
>>1267857

I'm no expert, but if real, it's the best watch in this thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1267863
Yeah, here's another view because the AR on the sapphire was messing up the colors
>>
>>1265893
>implying ib is relevant outside wall street

It's whatever. Better money in tech anyway, and they don't give a fuck if you wear a Rolex or a seiko.
>>
>>1267873

I was referring to the Day Date, not your piece of shit no name watch. lol
>>
>>1267897
>can't address and reply to the intended posts properly, blame others

Stay poor
>>
>>1267873
>>1267897

BTFO
>>
>>1267854
>Terribly risky behaviour, unnecessary exposure to death
It's a heck of a lot cheaper than having a car and faster and nicer than riding a bicycle.

>Not sure about your character..
I'm cheap and want to die.
>>
>>1267243
>FYI, I used to work for Richard Branson.
>I wouldn't work for him again.
>Because I have my own philosophy and way of doing things, it doesn't 'fit' with his.
what's it like working with Branson? is his lifestyle in any way normal, like does he go to chipotle for a burrito or is there one in his home, that sort of thing
>>
>>1267897
>doesn't know there are watch makers more exclusive and higher end than Rolex.

they're no name watches to you because you're no wealth and haven't never heard of watches from JLC, FP Journe, A Lange, Vacheron Constantin, MB&F, etc.
>>
File: IMG_20160526_182304.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160526_182304.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
I love my SARB if that's in your price range. Incredible piece for the price.
>>
>>1268954
no one in this thread has posted any of those you retard
>>
>>1262423
If you actually mattered, you wouldn't need a watch to show people that you're important or special. They would know just by hearing your name.
>>
I like the Frederique Constant Slimlines. I have this steel band one but they have a lot of styles.
>>
>>1269067

what the fuck kind of syphillic retard response is this? i never claimed i matter, nor do i care to matter, nor do i care for anyone to think i matter. i just want an affordable nice watch you fucking projectotron5000 sperglord.
>>
>>1269121
You don't matter. No watch you buy will change that.
>>
File: 3630374368_e88deca97b_o.jpg (180KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
3630374368_e88deca97b_o.jpg
180KB, 800x600px
>>1263609
I have one of these too. It's a bit small though, and mine really needs a service,.

This is my daily wearer though. Datejust on a jubilee bracelet.
>>
>>1269062
>no one in this thread has posted any of those

OP's picture....probably more than what your disposable income is a year... Kek kek
>>
File: collection .jpg (462KB, 1126x1556px) Image search: [Google]
collection .jpg
462KB, 1126x1556px
too sporty, what do you think?
>>
>>1269245
that's not his you retard that's a marketing photo.

also >projecting this hard
>>
Buy a Rolex, they have plenty of cheaper ones, and they come with a lifetime warranty more often then not. Otherwise don't buy a watch.

Wearing a cheap watch makes you look like a poser, and is worse than wearing no watch.

"Affordable" Is not a term that should be used when buying a watch.
>>
>>1269067
I know of a great deal of people who are important, and special that if they walked into a room wearing a t-shirt, and jeans you would not know. I fail to see the validity of your point, I think you are trying to invalidate people who are doing better than you by claiming only a handful of people are worthy of respect, if anyone.
>>
>>1268954
I think the point he is trying to make is that OP does not have any fancy watches, and wants to project wealth. A Rolex is a very good choice if you can afford it, since it is a commonly recognizable brand. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone say "Oh, a Rolex? Wow, he must be poor."
>>
>>1262423
Invicta has some classy looking watches that you won't have to break the bank for.
Unless the people you're around come from money you'll still impress most people without having to pay for the rolex name.
>>
>>1262761
>The average person don't know a thing about watches. There is literally no difference between a $300 nice watch and a $3000 watch in people's perception if you don't tell them that it costs 10x as much.
Absolutely true. Through college and the year after I've gotten myself some pretty nice watches that no one seems to notice. However I got a watch to wear at a summer construction job and that piece of shit from Walmart never fails to get a compliment.
>>
>>1269405
pics of walmar shit
>>
>>1262423
>he doesn't wear 300 dollar Seikos that look like they're worth 3 grand

never gonna make it senpai
>>
fitbit surge
>>
>>1266122
why would you ever be checking the time during an interview? wtf
>>
>>1262740
im on the higher end of the wealth spectrum and i can tell you watches are for old people and tryhards
>>
>>1269447
more like higher end of the autism spectrum
>>
>>1269451
you dont have to take me at face value. look at rich people. the only ones wearing a watch are older men who developed their style before smartphones or tryhard faggots who wear a rolex on each wrist like justin beiber. seriously look at zuckerburg or even a dude who comes from old money like that german prince. nobody under 28 wears a watch unless theyre trying to flaunt their wealth for attention
>>
File: 1464281069572-187672965.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1464281069572-187672965.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1269419
$19.99 cheapest they had.
>>
>>1269447
t. works minimum wage
>>
>>1269489
like i said believe me or not im just telling you how people with money really think. if youre not a young black athlete or at a super formal event youd probably get weird looks for wearing a 30k watch to lunch. but im sure all your millionaire friends already told you that, right?
>>
>>1269466
i bet you have a qt bussy
>>
>>1269498
Thanks, faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 298x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 298x443px
No citizen? How about my blue angel edition.
>>
What website do I go on to buy chinese knockoff products? Funny enough, we've gotten to the point in life where many knockoffs look better than the actual product.

I wanna look fancy without shelling out facy money.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (185KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185KB, 1024x1024px
>>1269511

I have a Skyhawko Eco-Drive from my mother. But man I hate these metal bracelets.
>>
>>1269669
Mine isn't as snug as I would like, I need a link off. It's the nicest watch I have had yet and I love it. Never had a watch I could go swimming with lol
>>
File: audemars thats losing time.jpg (24KB, 272x363px) Image search: [Google]
audemars thats losing time.jpg
24KB, 272x363px
>>1262423
All about that AP Royal Oak Offshore.
>>
File: audemars woman.jpg (54KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
audemars woman.jpg
54KB, 450x600px
>>1270496
Find a flaw.

Protip: you can't.
>>
File: audemars female.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
audemars female.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>1270499
>>
>>1269338
You aren't special and wearing a watch can't change that. I'm sorry.
>>
>>1263754
youll learn senpai, desu hit up /r/watches and hodinkee and wus if youre tryna get into watches. mk/ fossil/ guess/ armani/ nixon may impress normies but a bonafide watch snob scoffs at those if they feel discerning. seiko is good for that price range.

not hating on you at all tho, respect for buying it w your own money
>>
File: image.jpg (211KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 640x1136px
Me and the bromate get all the hoes with these
>>
>>1270718
anything so ugly and gaudy must be some cheap trash'
>>
>>1270718
Damn son, that is an ugly watch.
>>
I just got an e-mail. Will receive these 3 watches on monday.

http://ceasuridemana.ro/vand-superb-ceas-mecanic-komandirskie-parasutisti_a240768.html

http://ceasuridemana.ro/vand-superb-ceas-komandirskie-model-tanchisti_a242076.html

http://ceasuridemana.ro/vand-superb-ceas-vostok-komandirskie-model-parasutisti_a242226.html

What do you think /biz ?
>>
>>1270718
hello gypsy
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>Not picking a Citizen watch.
>Inexpensive (£600).
>Classy.
>Large, yet not too large.
>Runs on solar power.
>Masculine as fuck.

I've had so many compliments on this thing. It's probably the nicest thing I own.
>>
>>1271124
Cutting off digits especially when it isn't necessary triggers my autismometer
>>
>>1262423
Any Omega speedmaster?
Too expensive?
Get an Orient star or a seiko sarx.
Still too expensive? Dont buy a watch.
>>
you guys are dumb

seiko automatic
5 series
shiny two tone royal blue face
chrome all around
built like a rock and no need for batteries

it's actually very aesthetic with every blue shirt. silver matches everything else. all around lady killer
>>
File: seiko.jpg (215KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
seiko.jpg
215KB, 1280x720px
>>1271155
he he he, now i am the dumb one
>>
>>1269267
not too bad

orange one will be in exceptional circumstances desu. like orange suit / loud clothing type of exceptional
>>
>>1267857
what pants are those?
>>
>>1271124
But it's not classy and the face design is fucked up. Like >>1271138 said, the cut-off numerals are hideous.
>>
>>1271124
Compliments on a Citizen.. are you 14?
>>
Omega SpeedMaster Pro

You cold go with a SeaMaster if you idolize Bond, but the speedy is what people who know watches will respect.

You could also go with a Grand Seiko.
>>
>>1269351

Anyone who knows a lick of shit about watches knows Invicta is complete garbage and will not respect you.
>>
>>1262681
Same. It's insecurity.

> I have status everyone! Look at my watch!
>>
196 posts and not one noticed LONGINES. Fucking savages.
>>
>>1264498
>>>11328730
lol, you shit fake has already been called out in /fa/
>>1265602
Rolex = ghetto rich

>>1270718
Red bar crew?

>>1271159
looks like dress pants
>>
File: u0596g3_1.jpg (41KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
u0596g3_1.jpg
41KB, 650x650px
Is my watch /biz/ approved?
>>
File: DSC_0217.jpg (4MB, 5520x4140px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0217.jpg
4MB, 5520x4140px
Beat my waterproofness
>>
I have thin wrists (even though I'm /fit/, cant change your wrists) so I don't wear a watch as it draws attention to them.

Likewise some of the people in this thread probably shouldn't wear a watch if they care about their appearance.
>>
I have a really small wrist. What's a good watch for me that still looks manly?
>>
File: Easy Deepsea.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Easy Deepsea.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1272608
>>1272608

Done, that was easy.
>>
>>1272604

Nice welding mask
>>
>>1272839
>getting my deepsea dweller this summer

i cant fucking wait
>>
>>1272839
You cock!!!
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.