[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the opinion of /biz/, do you think welding is a valuable career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: welding.jpg (176KB, 650x509px) Image search: [Google]
welding.jpg
176KB, 650x509px
In the opinion of /biz/, do you think welding is a valuable career path? I think its profitable somewhat too if you can move up in a company. not only that but its a skill that will always be needed, as long as you dont live in the jungle or some shit. They have a welding course at the college I may attend. Its very inexpensive
>>
>>1258258

im a welder in alberta, canada. with oil how it is now and the prime minister we just elected, i dont know if welding would be a good career choice at this time
>>
>>1258268
What about in the U.S. Ive read that underwater welders can make upwards of 100k
>>
>>1258268

to also elaborate on this a bit, it does pay decently. after i got my journeyman ticket i made between 35-40 an hour. if you get your pipe welding ticket that can get you over 100 an hour if you get a truck. that might be my plan, to get a truck and do it for a couple years then get out. youll find that you work with a lot of sketchy people and in a way you trust your life with these guys it wears on you
>>
>>1258278
Whoa, 40 an hour is around 75 annually, thats fantastic, pipe welders can make 100 an hour? Thats insane, what is a ticket? Does it cost alot to become a pipe welder?
>>
>>1258276
15% of them die

I don't like those odds.
>>
>>1258286

in alberta there is a journeyman ticket that you get. before this youre an apprentice. basically you work 10 months of the year and go to school for 2. and during this you get tested on your welds and on theory. you also learn how to weld different shit, like tig welding, welding on stainless steels etc. once youre in your 3rd year you do a journeyman test that is provincally marked. both theory and on your welds, they get bend test.

some companies u work for can pay to have you go to school to learn how to weld pipe. mostly alot of people just practice. to get your b pressure ticket which is welding pressurized pipe you get tested on that.
>>
Shit job enjoy breathing in tard fumes I'm 21 and driving a end dump very comfy job but not everyone is cut out to be a true alpha hauling 44tones
>>
>>1258305
This sentence was barely english, I think you might be breathing in some tard fumes
>>
>>1258315
Fite me 1v1 rite nw
>>
>>1258316
Bruv wareu et ell slep u silly lad
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.