[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, I've posted this on a couple other boards and have not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Dracula03.jpg (64KB, 711x401px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula03.jpg
64KB, 711x401px
so, I've posted this on a couple other boards and have not gotten any advice, so I've deleted those posts and have not come here. I have a dream. I have had this dream ever since I was but a wee lad.

I want to live in a gothic style manor. I want it to something straight out of a horror novel. I know I may sound like a bit of an edglord, but I just genuinely admire that kind of aesthetic.

I know that of course, owning a manor, is something that requires a large sum of money, and a highly successful career. So the undertaking would be quite the feat for one person. I'd have to be like a george clooney or a trump. but then I got to thinking. What if I was not but one person.

I came up with an idea. What if I did not undergo this challenge merely on my own. What it instead, I had a hypothetical group of about 6 other people that dedicated themselves to owning this house as well. They believed in my dream, and also had an appreciation for gothic architecture.

What I want to know is, would this be a viable plan? could I, a mere peasant, game the system and get a house like this.

The thought of 6 grown men, with assumed moderate careers, foregoing branching out on their own, beceoming some wage cuck and getting a wife and kids. Then taking all the money they would waste on maintaining some family, into getting a manor. Putting all their resources into this, surviving on simple means. I think it could be possible. I think it can in act, be accomplished.

Let's assume that at least 2 people make over 6 figures, and one of them makes around 150k. And everyone else is in fact, making average income. How would this increase our chances? How long would it take? And let's say that on some off chance, one of us were to actually accomplish something in life, and become...a millionaire...(meaning at least 1 million dollars in savings for an individual). Could it be done.

So I ask you. What can I do to accomplish my dream, WIll my plan work? What measures should I take.
>>
CONT> what financial steps should I take to accomplish this goal (becoming a millionaire would help). For context I'm a 19 year old about to graduate high school.
>>
>>1257527
What do your parents do for work and how much do they make? Also, what country do you live in, and what was your GPA in high school? Those variables will decide your fate more than following any bit of advice anyone can possibly give you.
>>
If you manage to find these 6 or so individuals, you'll be sharing the mortgage on the house, so you'll need to get the whole "mortgage sharing" thing written into a contract by a lawyer. Lets say one guy loses his job and can't help pay for the house anymore. Because you're depending on everyone to contribute, losing even one contributor wold cause an immediate financial crisis that would probably end up with the house getting repossessed.

The point I'm trying to make is that you should go for more than just the bare minimum amount of people necessary to make the plan work. Heck, if you played it right, you could actually make money off this by basically renting out all the rooms in the mansion to like 20 people or whatever. Then you would not only be able to pay the mortgage, but you could "manage' the property and make a good living just by collecting rent. Basically you would be operating a high-end housing unit
>>
google 'startup castle' bro
>>
>>1257525
I'm 19 too and I had that same dream, seems to be our teenage desire.
I hope to grow out of this in a few years.

Let's talk about costs.
Ground prices are neglectable, as long as we don't build it on fucking Long Island.
Rural areas are cheap as fuck (at least here in EU).

I honestly have no idea about how much a baby as in your pic would cost.
Even suburban middle-class mansions go up to the millions.
My former school has been built for 27 millions, they told us. This includes furniture and computers and all the stuff, but it's a building that has about this size.

I think we can assume 10 to 15 millions, or even more.

Let's just take 10.
6 dudes would mean 1.7 per nose. Is that doable for the average wageslave Joe? I highly doubt it. Mortgage costs would be immense, and if something happens, just as >>1257623 said, we're finished.

20 guys would be a safer number. 500k each is something you can aim for. However, would you share that baby with 20 other guys + their families?
Might as well just rent a room.

Your suggestion of some ppl paying more won't work.
The millionaire dude would naturally get more out of it, and there WILL be fights over who gets what.

TL;DR get rich and build it yourself or with one or two fellow richfags, or try to forget the dream. I'll do the latter ;_;
>>
Where are you from m8? Due to my job ive been to alot of castles, so i know a thing or two
>>
>>1257525
Hi Chap -

You know you can buy castles for nothing in Scotland. A country where there are currently 5% Mortgages.

1 Drawback: live in Scotland.
>>
>>1257810
You know you can go live in wester ross (literally) and rent out additional cottages for sweet passive income lonely life style.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30071487.html
>>
>>1257525
>The thought of 6 grown men, with assumed moderate careers, foregoing branching out on their own, beceoming some wage cuck and getting a wife and kids. Then taking all the money they would waste on maintaining some family, into getting a manor. Putting all their resources into this, surviving on simple means. I think it could be possible. I think it can in act, be accomplished.

Fucking hell the internet can't get more autistic than this. Time to go to sleep I think lads.
>>
>>1258155
Look it's not my fault, my mother vaccinated me.
>>
>>1257611
my mother worked at kroger, but is currently unemployed. My father is a software developer and makes over 6 figures. But he lives in florida while I live in Ohio with my mother. I do remain in contact with my father and visit him often. I live in the USA. My cumulative GPA is a 3.3
>>
File: 1400116996248.png (806KB, 757x1146px)
1400116996248.png
806KB, 757x1146px
bumpe
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.