[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is a more important quality to look for in a biz/financial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Utoronto_coa.svg.png (170KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Utoronto_coa.svg.png
170KB, 1024x1024px
Which is a more important quality to look for in a biz/financial program: The prestige and reputation of the program, or the quality of the program? I'm not sure whether to go with Rotmans (UToronto, reputation) or Ivey (UWesternOntario, quality).

Anyone within the financial industry have any pointers for this?
Thanks!
(inb4 underage: Canadian school system makes school grade based on birth year, not birth month)
>>
>>1257451
Where exactly in finance would you like to work? Be specific
>>
>>1257458

I'm not 100% yet, but I'm interested in wealth management in boutique firms
>>
>>1257451
Prestige and reputation infinitely more
>>
in canada prestige of the school doesnt matter really. all jobs now only care about experience. just do co op every summer
>>
if you're not going to Schulich don't even waste your time.
>>
>>1257568
If you're okay with WM in boutiques (not that it's a bad gig, most people here couldn't land that) then go with quality of the program. Ivy is only necessary if you want to go straight to Wall St. from undergrad really. Or work for a hedge fund within the first few years instead of building a reputation for yourself with clients.
Go with you head and pick the program that best suits your wants, needs, and interests.
>>
>>1257606
>>1257574

Thank you guys! I don't have any relatives in the overall financial field, so I'd be a family first. Thanks!
>>
>>1257656
Best of luck, anon. Study hard and study smart. Make sure to get plenty of finance, accounting, economics, and statistics courses under your belt while in undergrad. Also, try to get in a few finance clubs and become proficient with Microsoft Excel macros. Don't forget, your alumni can be your best friends when it comes to getting a job later on, use them wisely.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.