[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, I sacked my financial advisor a little while ago,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1461496004693.jpg (39KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1461496004693.jpg
39KB, 500x667px
Hey /biz/, I sacked my financial advisor a little while ago, as he kept giving me shit advice, as well as refusing to handle leveraged ETFs, so now I come to you guys, with some basic investment questions:

> What's the cheapest way for me to buy and sell stocks by myself and not get eaten alive by fees? Do I still need to go through an investment firm? I don't know if this is common sense to some of you, but my old method was to just call my stockbroker and tell him to buy/sell my stuff. How can I do it myself?
> Is there any easy way for me to buy or sell stocks directly with bitcoin?
> How can I ensure that my trades are processed as fast as possible when they hit the market?
>>
>>1255273

Open an online account. If you want access to everything, interactive brokers is an option. If you just want a low cost broker, use something like schwab or ameritrade. Every time you make a phone call to buy or sell you will be paying the highest rate to do so.

Depending on who you use, how much you invest, etc. you may even get a number of free trades per month.
>>
>>1255273

What was the shit advice he kept giving you?

I ask because if he wasn't willing to handle leveraged ETF's maybe he was trying to protect you from yourself.
>>
>>1255273
>> What's the cheapest way for me to buy and sell stocks by myself and not get eaten alive by fees?

robinhood, or something of the sort, free trades

>>Do I still need to go through an investment firm? I don't know if this is common sense to some of you, but my old method was to just call my stockbroker and tell him to buy/sell my stuff. How can I do it myself?

Just do it yourself

>> Is there any easy way for me to buy or sell stocks directly with bitcoin?

Not that i know of

>> How can I ensure that my trades are processed as fast as possible when they hit the market?

There is always a confirmation screen you have to approve to trade, just make sure its what you set the price at. Also, use limits if you're that concerned, works just the same.
>>
>>1255642
There's some truth to that, he'd basically always try to get me to take the 'safe' option. And every time I decided to take his advice, I'd just watch that stock climb and kick myself for not investing. I finally let him go. Keeping someone around with a different incentive than me does nothing but lessen my control over my assets. I may fuck it up and lose big, but that's just how trading is - if I'm ever going to jump on those opportunities, I have to be able to act on my own judgement and not get cock-blocked.
>>1255666
Thanks, I'll try robinhood.
>>
buy ethereum you fanny
>>
>>1256274
Etherium is a meme.
>>
>>1255666
>buy and sell stocks
Sounds like trading, not investing.
I could see using RH for an investment position, as you wouldn't actively manage it.
But using it for actual trading is beyond stupid.
>>
>>1256278
You're a meme
>>
>>1256296
What would you suggest?
>>
>>1256390
It really depends on the capital you're working with, and how actively you're trying to trade.
Trying to grow retirement savings or quit work entirely?
Depending on how serious you're taking it, there are multiple options available.
>>
>>1256404
I've already quit work, I have a substantial amount of liquid capital that I want to trade around, and I intend to take as seriously as "taking it seriously" would involve.
>>
TastyTrade.com

One of the better strategies long term is the covered calls.
You get 8 steep dividend like premiums per year. + Cap gains
Better yet, the premiums are higher on growth stocks.

Better still is the Covered Put. Basically Shorting the Market while selling puts.
This strategy is most closely in line with general market price action models. You hedge the 3% upward creep, but catch 66% of every downswing.

RobinHood is shittier for real investing.

If you have a retirement account. You can trade Futures. Which have no limitations on direction in a Tax sheltered account as opposed to equities. So you get tax sheltered leveraged instruments, with directional components.

I'd say a core position in index futures, hedged with options.
>>
>>1256446
>substantial amount of liquid capital
How much?
More than 50K, or more than 100K?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.