[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got memed into reading the richest man in Babylon >save at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1460237938200.jpg (80KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
1460237938200.jpg
80KB, 500x396px
Got memed into reading the richest man in Babylon

>save at least 10% of your gross
>make gainz by putting your money in safe investments
>don't involve your bucks if there are risks.

What kind of investment are we talking about? Surely not lending bronze to a shield maker.
Just letting my money sit in my bank account and enjoy the small percentage of interest?
>>
>>1249000
stocks, property, HTF, shares

all of those are better than sitting in the bank
>>
>>1249019
How can I do so when I have only few hundreds in my saving?
>>
>>1249000
>Surely not lending bronze to a shield maker.
Stop reading books. Seriously just work hard, put your money in index funds, and work until you die.
>>
>>1249086
>implying I didn't read the book on my daily commute.
>>
>>1249084
>hundreds in capital

who are you kidding? you think you can make some serious bank with that? Go work m0ar
>>
>>1249102
I'm still in grad school and am working a part time to prevent myself from having to do a loan.
From the day I started to think o should get serious about my personal finance to today, I stored only few hundreds.

I was wondering how to get stared from what I have now.
>>
>>1249094
I know that. You are obviously too autistic to talk to anyone on the bus.
>>
>>1249104
you're off to a good start.. just put it in the bank for now.. or start your mini business if you have any ideas for your area (can be as simple as buy-n-sell)

try investing in some stocks if you feel like you can handle the risk.. theres alot of ways online to buy them without leaving your home.. try robinhood. Start a trust-fund even.. some of them have very modest minimum entry requirements

keep saving, every little thing adds-up, and i agree that putting your money into something not liquid will be better for you. you wont blow it away on stupid purchases and watch it grow.

this will take time tho.. but in 5 years you'll have some good funds to achieve your goals
>>
>>1249116
Thanks, I'll look up into robinhood. Thing is I never played with stocks before so I'm little bit afraid to get scammed.
As for time, even if I think I start little bit late, I still have 3 years until I (hopefully) get my PhD and go out of school.
Time to apply these microeconomic lessons I read online.
>>
>>1249084
You can invest in any of those except property with a few hundreds, it's just that the transaction fees make it less interesting and you won't have a diversified portfolio.
>>
>>1249000
>Just letting my money sit in my bank account and enjoy the small percentage of interest?

You dumb fuck.
>>
>>1249111
>talking to strangers on the bus
m8, no...
>>
>>1249595
How much money would you want to have before you could be "interesting"? Like 5k?
>>
>>1249595
Should I call my bank and say "I want to invest this money, please place it for me"?
>>
Not to hijack the thread but i've got $20K liquid just sitting in the bank, wat do?
>>
>>1251217
do some research and invest it.. 20k is a nice portfolio to start with
>>
>>1251217
10K index funds, 10K emergency cash.
>>
>>1251227
>>1251231
thanks, looking into it
>>
Put aside 3-6 months of living expenses in cash, then the rest into blue-chip stocks or index funds.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.