[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /biz/, my girlfriend and I are moving into an apartment together.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: iuotyiogiyg.jpg (33KB, 450x272px) Image search: [Google]
iuotyiogiyg.jpg
33KB, 450x272px
So /biz/, my girlfriend and I are moving into an apartment together. Worst case scenario and things don't work out between us, how would I go about securing myself to where I wouldn't get screwed over by signing the lease with her?
>>
>>1242748
don't put your name on the lease
>>
>>1242748
Only have one persons name on lease and have $1200 saved so if shit hits the fan you can call cops and have her ejected or you can find a new place and move out. I just went thru this. I failed horribly she fucked a big for drugs and I ended up not on the lease on my friends couch with an $800 electric bill in my name. Good luck, I hope she's a better woman than a drug addicted stripper
>>
Most landlords, the good ones anyway, will have a separate contract for each person living in the house or apartment.

The other option is only having one person's name on the lease, preferably hers. That way you can just leave and not be responsible if shit hits the fan.
>>
I've never encountered another landlord who doesn't require all tenants to be separately accountable for all lease terms. This means that, regardless of what happens to either one of you, both of you are required to keep paying rent, pay utilities, etc.

That said, if you can get away with only her name on the lease and just live with her, you'll be in a much better position. Let me just emphasize that: HER name on the lease, DO NOT put your name on the lease if you're going to be the only one. That will turn into an absolute nightmare for you if things go really sour, because you are a man and she is a woman. You could end up being forced to pay rent for her, after being ejected yourself, for 30-60 days (maybe longer depending on your state laws).

It's stupid, it's fucking sexist and it's wrong, but that's how the law works in the US.
>>
Don't worry.

Whatever issues might come up while living together, just remember: love always wins in the end.
>>
Don't do it op. Seriously, if there was one thing I could go back and change in my life, it would be something very similar to this.

I know it sounds old school, but if you're not ready to get married then you're not ready to move in together.

Please do not do this OP.

Please do not do this OP.

I know you're pussy blind right now and won't listen, but please do not do this OP.
>>
>>1242748

LISTEN TO ME ON THIS.

Do not sign a joint lease!!! Either have her rent it and sublet to you, or you rent it and sublet to her. In either case its easy for one person to make an exit. When its a joint lease you are both on the hook and it can turn into a fuckin nightmare.
>>
>>1243602

Im gonna have to disagree with you here.

You NEED to live with someone first before you can decide to marry them.

Marrying without having first lived together is like moving to a place you have never even visited first.
>>
>>1243609
Nope. You can (and should) visit every fucking day for years. Stay multiple nights if you want.

Next.
>>
>>1243609
Agreed BUT

before moving in with a chick, you need to find out how she takes a punch. Just knock her out next time you're fighting. A good woman will get terrified and shake and cry and beg you for forgiveness. If so she's ready to live together and things will go much smoother. If she calls the cops or any bullshit, deny everything and cut off all contact. just cold stop responding to all contact.
>>
>>1243629

Good point.
>>
File: 1457062530585s.jpg (6KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1457062530585s.jpg
6KB, 250x140px
>>1243606
Words of wisdom
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.